Are champion bags too good now?

DanChart

Does any one else think that champion bags are too good now? You get 1 for the Warzone and Ilum dailies, 3 for the Warzone and Ilum weeklies, and of course you can buy them with comms.

I generally complete the Warzone quests on cooldown and finish the Ilum quests ~ 1/3 of the time. This translates to ~ 10 bags/week from Warzones, ~ 3 bags/week from Ilum and I get at least 7 bags a week from commendations. So ~ 20 bags/week.

That's 140 champ and 300 cent cent commendations per week - several pieces of champ gear.

With more effort you could finish the Ilum quests on cooldown and grind more warzones for 34 bags/week for 238 champ commendations and a crazy number of cent comms!

In addition, there's a 10%-ish chance for a token drop per bag!

I feel like the old rate was too low but the new rate is too high. I'm republic, but my queue times are only a few minutes and my win rate is about 50%, I could see how if I was on a server where queues were 10-30 minutes and win rates were < 25% the current rate would seem awesome. At the same time, I could see people getting full champion gear long before they hit battlemaster.

I hit 50 long before the bag change and had to work pretty hard for a full champ set, does any one else think the new drop rate is a little too good?

I hit 50 about 10 days ago (the day before the change, I waited to open any til then) on one character. On that character I have a fully centurion-geared companion, mostly champion gear with a few Centurion for myself, and I'm working on gearing another companion in full Centurion.

The most hilarious thing is people complaining about tokens not dropping.

Edited by Grubfist

Well, chances are you could gear at least one of your companions in Champ gear, so that rate isn't so bad when it's more than one "person" being geared.

Additionally, they still eventually become worthless when you are full-Champ, so I yet again recommend a Champ-to-Battlemaster comm conversion. Just like 30 Warzone for 10 Merc, but probably more like 100 Champ for 1 BM.