What are the things you do regularly that you believe makes you a good PvP'er

Thuull

Time to boast...tell us how you play your class "right", especially if they are things that other people don't do that you think they should...

(Okay, in truth, what I'm actually doing here is prodding you into telling me what you do in the event its stuff I don't do and I get to learn something...so I guess technically this is a troll post =)

Kinetic Shadow:

1. I use guard when appropriate, for example when entering an in progress fight, I find the friendly who is current focus, and guard him *before* I start in with my own rotations.

2. I use all of my taunts as part of my standard rotations.

3. I do my best to remove enemy healers from the fight, locking them down as much as possible to allow my teammates to put damage pressure on the opposing team.

4. I have 32 keybinds, and I use them all.

5. In civil war, when we have two nodes at least one of which is mid, *and* if people are actively defending both, I will sit on the wall between the two in stealth...NOT GETTING DEFENDER POINTS...so that I can quickly react to an attack on either node.

6. I will communicate in the beginning of a match my intention to defend a given node.

7. If I say I will, I will...I will not leave that node as long as we have it. I will happily sit there the entire match with zero action in order to make sure we don't lose a node we shouldn't lose.

8. I fight on nodes, not in the field near the node, even if there's a big melee right in front of the node.

9. I communicate all "incs", even if it means stopping for a second with three people on me to let my teammates know there is a problem.

10. I switch targets when warranted...i.e. I do not get tunnel vision telling myself that the bad guy I'm currently on must die, regardless of the guy next to him capping my node.

11. In huttball, I support the ball carrier by guarding/punting dps on him/etc.

12. When aggroing an enemy ball carrier, I do not mindlessly focus on the guy with the ball, I look for tanks guarding him and go for them, or healers healing him...I go for his support.

13. In voidstar, I never leave a door unguarded.

14. I always do my best to separate healers from their tanks, or tanks from whoever they are guarding.

15. I do NOT fill enemy ball carrier's resolve bar by mindlessly stunning him before the goal line when he's not going to die during the stun period anyway.

Your turn.

I feel i'm a sportsman. I respect all my opponents, even if that feeling may not be mutual.

I guess i'm not really good, but I try my best every time. And I don't give up. If somebody beats me 10 times in a row, i'll challenge him to beat me 11 times! Eventually, i'll find something that works!

Looking good is very important.

What's the point of being good if no one can tell it's you?

If I looked like every other BH in pvp gear then my enemies would just say "I got killed by a bounty hunter again" instead of seeing me gun them down again. ;)

normally, i would be more than open with my tips, tricks, etc.

but, the negative vibe here, the complaints, the whining...not a chance!

when the whiners tears finally create a tidal wave big enough for BW to cave in...

my Sniper will be OP!!

Heh, yeah...this is what I get for trying to make a Friday Afternoon Feelgood thread =)

Lethality/Engi Sniper.

1. I peel from healers.

2. I focus on people capping doors/consoles/ball carriers and the people protecting them.

3. I DoT everyone near said objective to prevent capping as long as possible. Especially throwing out as many as I can if I am alone or near death.

4. I assist players near me when I can, if the sorc next to me has a melee character eating them alive, I stun/knockback their adversary.

5. I bind keys to make my life easier in PvP, if I'm looking down at my bars I am losing valuable time.

6. I optimize my gear, swapping more beneficial mods/enhancements from one piece to another to bump my damage in whatever way I can.

7. I try to help form group strategy before the game begins, so we at least have a blueprint to work on, whether it helps in the end or not.

8. I do not tunnel vision kills and chase them off into no man's land where I am not contributing.

9. I interrupt healers. Slow/snare ball carriers.

10. I don't blame my teammates/leavers on our team/lack of gear on players in our team for our losses, I take responsibility for my failings, and work to correct them.

11. I don't talk in general chat, if you talk in general chat during games, you're probably better at trolling than pvping, spend more time on the forums and less time in the game. :)

12. I respect everyone in the game regardless of stats, playstyle, gear, etc. I'm here to have fun just like the next player is.

13. I don't think watching me PvP is entertaining enough to host a live stream and post a link for it on the forums.

Edited by Celebrus

I guard the nearest healer.

If said healer is out of range, i remove guard (so someone else can guard them), and guard someone within range of the objective I am attacking/defending.

I do respectable damage to pretty much everything near the objective.

My main purpose is to eat as much damage as possible, thereby protecting my team mates attacking/defending an objective.

I also snare, stun, and otherwise annoy and harrass the enemy into attacking me, so my team can burn them down.

I never leave soresu stance to try and go "rambo", this wastes a precious protection resource which is of value to the entire team.

I am a dps specced guardian, stanced in soresu for pvp (not a bomber).

i try to save my harpoon for key moments to grab that ball carrier and bring him into the pit.

I also like to grab the guy that just landed in alderon and is debating whether to come to the middle node when we own it. I say "get over here !!"

I like to sometimes run into the pit when i am ball carrier and charge up to enemies that just respawned. It saves me having to avoid fire pits and get knocked into the pit anyway :)