Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PTS conquest changes are disasterous

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
PTS conquest changes are disasterous

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
10.14.2019 , 04:42 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Oh Trixx, you are not going to let your SWTOR subs lapse, sheesh. Especially for WOW, ROFL! I was surprised reading that you actually do the conquest stuff, now.

After 5.0, I did conquest even less and cared that much less about it. The legacy restrictions for points gained was idiotic imo and it seems that part is still in place and will be with 6.0 too.

The only conquest I complete is purely accidental now, mostly via PVP.

I guess that's why I don't even bother worrying on what they change with conquest now. They obliterated it and any changes could only make it better from my perspective.
Only started doing conquest again after the changes made when Dantooine was introduced. Before that we didn’t bother.

My sub lapsing will depend highly on what they actually release in 6.0 and if they e listened to the feed back enough. I don’t want to have to play for 8 months till they make it acceptable.
Plus, I’ve prepaid, which I’ve never done before. My sub has always been on renew.

WoW classic is actually fun. We are taking our time and not speeding to end game. My wife and I have one of every class between lvl 20-26
It will all come down to how pvp WZs feel in the next phase (they aren’t active yet)

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
10.14.2019 , 04:48 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
IDK, "Play Your Way" still seems fairly accurate in that you can wear whichever tac/amp/set bonus you want via horizontal gearing. It has nothing to do with acquisition.

It also has nothing to do with this thread.......
Play your way isn’t just about gearing. The context for me is play what you want and be able to have fun doing it. If conquest and crafting go live as they are (I know crafting has changes coming), then they will stop continuing to be fun for players who likes to focus on that.

RNG at the lvl added to 6.0 is also too much. People who want to gear for end game content will be forced to run flash points as these will be the most accessible for the masses to gear up faster. Pvpers will once again be the last to gear if all they want to play is pvp. Which means no pvper who wants to play ranked or even Regs, will gear up that slow. They will grind flash points to gear. Which isn’t play your way.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
10.15.2019 , 10:43 AM | #33
I thought the idea of "Play your way" was for the game to be more Legacy-friendly -- less vertical, more horizontal.

I'm not a fan of RNG gearing, but I don't think RNG has anything to do with "Play your way." It's never going away, unfortunately. EA will never let RNG go. I'm actually scared for DA4 because of this
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

phalczen's Avatar


phalczen
10.15.2019 , 12:31 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I thought the idea of "Play your way" was for the game to be more Legacy-friendly
... which is why I am concerned about the conquest changes.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
10.16.2019 , 07:22 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I thought the idea of "Play your way" was for the game to be more Legacy-friendly -- less vertical, more horizontal.

I'm not a fan of RNG gearing, but I don't think RNG has anything to do with "Play your way." It's never going away, unfortunately. EA will never let RNG go. I'm actually scared for DA4 because of this
Why do you keep saying EA dictates what BW does from a game design point, I am curious. I mean does it really matter, not really but if you got this idea from a reliable source I'd like to see it because nothing indicates from my perspective that EA has forced BW to do anything.

I mean it's a moot point tbh, but I just hate assuming something without real facts to base the assumptions on. I do agree with you that the RNG will not go away, however I think it's more of a modern game design change than it is some EA agenda to make all games across the world have RNG-based gearing/loot systems.

Players can either adapt to SWTOR's new loot system or not. It appears most of us are adapting "a wait and see" approach to 6.0, seeing we are all MMO gaming addicts and the thought of leaving is far worse than suffering through an ill-conceived gearing system that is heavily RNG-based that isn't fun or exciting. It takes a lot for addicts like us to actually reach a threshold of misery and unhappiness when it comes to bad game designs.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
10.16.2019 , 01:23 PM | #36
Part 1:
I thought I explained it in another thread somewhere on the forums where I said you can look at every game EA has released in the past few years and you will see RNG loot boxes. Now whether this is more of an industry trend, or an EA imperative, I do not know. But I do know that holding companies/publishers like EA have far more say in BW's day to day than you think. After all, the BW Austin studio, is actually a multi-EA studio "campus." https://www.ea.com/news/tour-the-ea-austin-studio

Part 2:
I played Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes (SWGOH) mobile game for a couple of years. The loot systems are eerily similar, right down to the Green-Blue-Purple-Gold colored loot. Now let's take this Kai Zykken vendor. He sells a random bunch of items that change weekly. SWGOH has this EXACT SAME type of vendor. Exactly the same, but with a different name. BioWare did not make SWGOH. The only things in common they share are 1. Star Wars, and 2. EA.

So it's possible RNG Loot Boxes are a Star Wars thing (see SW Battlefront, SWGOH, SWTOR), and not particularly an EA thing.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

swiftrav's Avatar


swiftrav
10.16.2019 , 01:31 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Part 1:
I thought I explained it in another thread somewhere on the forums where I said you can look at every game EA has released in the past few years and you will see RNG loot boxes. Now whether this is more of an industry trend, or an EA imperative, I do not know. But I do know that holding companies/publishers like EA have far more say in BW's day to day than you think. After all, the BW Austin studio, is actually a multi-EA studio "campus." https://www.ea.com/news/tour-the-ea-austin-studio

Part 2:
I played Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes (SWGOH) mobile game for a couple of years. The loot systems are eerily similar, right down to the Green-Blue-Purple-Gold colored loot. Now let's take this Kai Zykken vendor. He sells a random bunch of items that change weekly. SWGOH has this EXACT SAME type of vendor. Exactly the same, but with a different name. BioWare did not make SWGOH. The only things in common they share are 1. Star Wars, and 2. EA.

So it's possible RNG Loot Boxes are a Star Wars thing (see SW Battlefront, SWGOH, SWTOR), and not particularly an EA thing.
I believe it more a industry trend look at how many publishers/studios operate with the same loot model that is being introduced in 6.0 I wish they would get off this massive RGN kick and go back to a method of small percentage of RNG with dedicated drops or tokens based model that would let us better chose what items we wanted.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
10.16.2019 , 06:04 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by swiftrav View Post
I believe it more a industry trend look at how many publishers/studios operate with the same loot model that is being introduced in 6.0 I wish they would get off this massive RGN kick and go back to a method of small percentage of RNG with dedicated drops or tokens based model that would let us better chose what items we wanted.
Yeah, I lean this way too.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
10.16.2019 , 06:06 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
So it's possible RNG Loot Boxes are a Star Wars thing (see SW Battlefront, SWGOH, SWTOR), and not particularly an EA thing.
Yeah I can see why you might take the side you are on, but I think this is what it is more of.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

ShinLunaAzure's Avatar


ShinLunaAzure
10.17.2019 , 02:57 PM | #40
Aaaand musco sprung it on us that for this week we have to hit the NEW GOALS with the OLD points values. And our cxp bonus perk is going to give a quarter of the benefit it did pre-6.0
May the force ever serve you.