Rage Juggernaut class change suggestions

Darthnevets

With the nerf to smash in PVP and the improvements to vengeance jugs I thinks its about time rage jugs get some improvements to help pull closer to vengeance on single target. One of my main issues is rage management. I have a few suggestions that will help and make the class more useful in raids and more deadly in PVP.

1. During cascading power any attack that cost rage should refund one rage (like the ability vengeance jugs can speck into). This will reduce the cost of abilities during that 6 second window and allow you to cycle to the next smash faster and reduce the use of filler attacks. I feel this would be the easiest to implement and would help the class greatly.

2. Make the basic attack (Assault) actually worth using to build rage by making it a guaranteed critical hit during cascading power.

3. Have the cooldown of saberthrow reduced by 2 seconds by attacks that are already reducing the cooldown of smash, obliterate and enrage. This would make Saberthrow a great rage building attack.

4. Have Ravage generate 3 rage over its channel if preformed during cascading power. (do you get the feeling I want more RAGE by now?).

5. Ok enough begging for rage. Have attacks that critically hit extend the duration of Cascading power by one second. I know this could OP the class but you could make it only happen once every 4 seconds so at best you could extend cascading power by 2 seconds. This would make critical a desirable stat for the class.

6. Reduce the cooldown of force push to 30 seconds or at least allow a full Ravage (which is on a 30 second cooldown for Rage speck. Oh, make this a rage only perk so vengeance jugs wont be throwing fokes all around the battlegrounds) to finish the cooldown of force push and have force push generate 2 rage (opps... I'm begging again).

7. Finally rage jugs need a way to proc vicious throw and have it useable on targets of any health (like slaughter or cull). Maybe critical hits of Ravage during cascading power or critical hits of Force Crush.. that would be Awesome.

These are some of my suggestions and I don't feel they would OP the spec (all suggestions would but a couple of them would not) but would allow it to generate more damage in PVP and Raids. I have sent hours with the dummy and at best I can get 3100 dps on a 1 million parse. This is with 4 piece set in full optimized 180 gear and using adrenals while a good vengeance juggy in 180 coms gear can hit that. I hope this post doesn't fall on deaf ears.

Edited by Darthnevets

Well said... With the changes focused on PVP, there are many of us that don't do PVP so we don't see much of the luv from the class changing directions.

I'm not saying we don't see changes that also help or improve PVE, but there are many who simply avoid PVP except to get our Obroan relics and move on. These suggested changes are well thought out and should be highly considered for those who focus on PVE content... especially end-game operations.

Good job... Kudos to Nevets

Well thought out ideas Nevets. As somebody that loves to respec on the fly and master all specs it'd be great to make rage a little more enticing to spec back in to. Seeing something like that would be a great change.