What Operation now?

Where are the dummies? And that doesn't really answer the question, what kind of operation drops 61/63 rank gear? Thats what I want to be running full ops on.

The dummies can be found on the Ziost Shadow ;)

HM EC/HM TFB/NIM EC would be what you would want to start running in order to gear yourself up further :)

The next one in line for you is Hard Mode Explosive Conflict.

After that (or at the same time) you should try to start on Hard Mode Terror From Beyond, although it helps to have black hole gear for that.

Black hole commendations can be earned by queueing in group finder for a random daily hard mode flashpoint.

Alright, so I think I deciphered that. I should buy targeter or trapper bh gear, which gives more cunning? I haven't ever done this before so I'm finding stuff out each time I play.

1) Replace any patron barrels or armorings you have with skill barrels and armrorings.

2) Replace your lettered mods (Keen and Artful A/B) with non-lettered mods (plain old keen and artful).

3) Use the following enhancements for the listed stats: Adept for power and surge, Initiative for power and accuracy, Battle for crit and surge, Acute for crit and accuracy.

4) Save up your daily commendations and upgrade your campaign relic to a dread guard relic. You'll drop some endurance but gain lots of power.

5) Replace your rakata implant and earpiece with black hole.

Once you've done this and augmented one or two pieces you should be ready for HM EC, given all of your gear is at least rakata. The link to my gunslinger's gear is below, and I'm not saying that you should take that as the definitive guide on how to gear your sniper but I've min-maxed my gear appropriately.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/8559d6eb-e5ab-41aa-ac4c-0e36fcc329bd

Here is some gearing tips for you, only use Advanced Skill Armoring as well as Advanced Skill Barrel, use Advanced Hawkeye/Eviscerating Crystal. Mods should be Advanced Artful Mod or Advanced Keen Mod depending on what you need, Enhancements is slightly more tricky, but you should only use the following Advanced Acute Enhancement, Advanced Initiative Enhancement, Advanced Battle Enhancement or Advanced Adept Enhancement.

Make sure to look at the earpiece and implants that you buy, you want the ones with high cunning and lower endurance, it's easy to pick the wrong ones. Important note that might help you gear up is to get the Tionese/Columi/Rakata Shells (the item) and then place your armorings/mods/enhancement into these, then you will keep the setbonus that is very good for snipers. Regarding Operations, I would say to continue with EC Story Mode and TFB Story Mode as well as KP HM/EV HM to get many black hole commendations, if possible, do dailies on Section X as well as Black Hole at least once a week to get the weekly done (gives black hole).

What you you should buy:

Black Hole Trapper's MK-1 Device - Crit + Surge

Black Hole Targeter's MK-1 Enhancer - Acc + Crit

Black Hole Trapper's MK-1 Gloves - Best Armoring, Power Mod, Power + Surge Enhancement

Black Hole Trapper's MK-1 Leggings - Best Armoring, Crit Mod, Crit + Surge Enhancement

Black Hole Mender's MK-1 Boots - Best Armoring, Power Mod, Power+Surge Enhancement

Black Hole Trapper's MK-1 Boots - Best armoring, Crit Mod and Acc+Crit Enhancement

First of all, get the earpiece and the implants, these are cheap and you won't need to replace them anytime soon, then focus on getting one of the boots and the gloves, they cost the least amount of blackhole coms and give the best stats. From that point it's a grind to buy the same items again and again depending on what stats you need, rip them out from their blackhole shells and put them into your Tionese/Columi/Rakata gear. Getting the correct armoring in your Chest and Head is the lowest priority, focus on getting the correct mods and enhancement for your gear. If you have Cybertech/Artifice on any of your characters, send the gear that is "over" and you don't need (bad amorings, mods you already have enough of or enhancement with bad stats), RE them and you will get Molecular Stabilizer. With these you can then later on craft (or get crafted for you) armorings, mods and enhancements that you can put in any gear.

As said before, try to find a good guild where you can develop and get better gear from running EC HM or what they might be doing, don't go for the top guilds on your server, pick a guild one step below. It will be a huge grind for you at the start to get the best gear for you sniper, trust me, I have one myself and I spent loads of times getting my gear. You have the advantage of the weeklies that give very good rewards (blackhole coms), make sure to do them every week, try doing daily flashpoint and weekly SM raids for the same reason.

I am aware of the fact that I have brought up loads of information here, so feel free to start asking any questions you might have and I, or someone else will do our best to answer them!

What you you should buy:

Black Hole Trapper's MK-1 Device - Crit + Surge

Black Hole Targeter's MK-1 Enhancer - Acc + Crit

Black Hole Trapper's MK-1 Gloves - Best Armoring, Power Mod, Power + Surge Enhancement

Black Hole Trapper's MK-1 Leggings - Best Armoring, Crit Mod, Crit + Surge Enhancement

Black Hole Mender's MK-1 Boots - Best Armoring, Power Mod, Power+Surge Enhancement

Black Hole Trapper's MK-1 Boots - Best armoring, Crit Mod and Acc+Crit Enhancement

Excellent post, thank you! I noticed, though, that you listed the boots twice. Was this intentional, to get different mods/enhancements, or was one of those supposed to be a different piece?

Thank you for the detailed explanation Rikuvon.

I'm starting to save up for the rest of the BH gear, but don't quite understand the mods. I understand that I need to be more careful about what I choose for mods and, but what should be the kind of stats in them besides cunning of course. I know I don't need the alacricity, but should I be stacking crit and surge, or power.... etc. That information would help a little more than having to check a list of mod names each time. And I'm not sure where I get those crystals, and I'm not a millionaire so I can't buy them. Also for greed wins in ops/flashpoints, should I just sell the gear to get the credits, use it to equip my companions...? The comp I use mainly is Dr. Lokin, and since he uses cunning he just gets all my used gear so he has close to my health and is a great heal/dps.

I don't have cybertech or artifce alts yet, I'm working on that though. I am a member of ItburnswheniPvp guild, and enjoy it. I'm trying to fit into a raid group, so that should help. As far as the BH comms go, I do always do the Black Hole weekly on Corellia, and the dailies to get credits because I can do them all in 20 minutes. I also do the daily rhm, from fleet and from gf. I haven't been doing section X because as far as I knew the weekly still had the glitch.

I'll start saving up for those dg relics right away, shouldn't take that long with all the dailies available. But besides the one that gives additional damage, what should the other one be? And I understand that my mainhand weapon is a pvp one and so has less stats than normal, but it was a better option than still using the tionese one until I get a rakata/bh/dg mh.

Most of my full operations were done with my guild, but I pug most of the comm runs. I think one of the reasons I stacked endurance at first was because I kept getting kicked from ops groups because while I might have been geared enough, or known the fights.. etc my health was 2k+ beneath the rest of the group's health.

Excellent post, thank you! I noticed, though, that you listed the boots twice. Was this intentional, to get different mods/enhancements, or was one of those supposed to be a different piece?

If you look more closer on the names, I listed two DIFFERENT boots, that is since the boots both give good stuff, but the stuff is different, one gives power mod and the other crit mod, for example.

Raiding right now but will answer all the rest of the questions later on.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

The mods as well as the enhancement are tricky, but the thing that you want to look out for is the mods with A and B in their name, you don't want these in your gear at all, the either got high mainstat, for you cunning, and lower power, or low cunning and high endurance. You want the ones with 56 Cunning/34 Endurance/44 Power, numbers are for Hazmat/Dread Guard or Crit, 53 Cunning/32 Endurance/41 Power or Crit, numbers are for Black Hole/Campaign.

Stats for snipers is slightly different depending on specc, but lets say that 300 crit raiting, 300 surge, 300 accuracy is a good start, from that point only focus on power. Crystals are very cheap on the GTN, you won't get your favorite color but that don't matter to be honest, Here is my gear/build for Full Lethality Specc and Here is my build/gear for Hybrid Specc, be aware that I have full BiS gear so you should focus on getting the same gear, but the number 26 (instead of 27 that is BiS).

No worries if you don't have Cybertech or Artifce, just that you can get a lot of cash that way by RE:ing gear, something to think about if you are creating an alt and pick a new crew skill. Yes, the relics is good and doing dailies gives you money as well as gets you closer to them, as a Sniper, you want one DG of Dark Radiance and one DG of Boundless Age. Also correct on the mainhand thingy, the PvP ones are good but you should take any chance you get to get a Campaign one, or just put in the mods and stuff from the Black Hole gear you buy and keep the PvP Barrel for right now.

I have a sniper, full rakata with some bh. My Character. I have done full TFB SM, EC SM comm runs, EV/KP SM and HM full runs. How do I begin getting DG gear? And am I geared enough to begin HM TFB and NM EV/KP? This is my first 50 so I don't know how it works.

Thanks

The NORMAL order of Operation is:

Eternity Vault Story-----> Eternity Vault Hard + Karagga's palace story+hard -------------> Eternity Vault+karagga's Nightmare------->Denova Story------->Denova Hard-----> Terror from beyond HARD (story mode of TFB is as easy as Denova Story mode)-------> Denova Nightmare.

There is still no TFB nightmare. Hardest Operation TODAY is Denova Nightmare.

pd: Denova Hard, Nightmare and TFB hard is almost impossible to be done with PUGS. You will need a guild able to do it.

Edited by Royox