Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

FlameYOL
01.04.2019 , 10:41 AM | #9581
Quote: Originally Posted by josephinec View Post
Logged into my DPS Sorc on Darth Malgus in hopes of getting a last boss run of SnV before work. Her item rating is 238. Saw a call for it, get invited, then all of a sudden I'm kicked. I figure the game bugged, so I ask to be invited back. Nope, I was intentionally kicked because my item rating was "too low, and we want a fast kill".

A GF raid. It's story mode. I have run with people as low as level 50, and without their full set bonus if they are level 70. I've run with people with old set bonuses(ie, the 3.x or 4.x sets).

I told them to not PUG if they're that picky and set them on ignore.
Wow, I've read of Elitist aholes who say they'll do that and boast about it in these forums. Names won't be mentioned of course. But to think of that actually happening, most raids, especially SnV can be done with a group of 230... you did good on adding them to ignore.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

josephinec
01.04.2019 , 04:33 PM | #9582
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Wow, I've read of Elitist aholes who say they'll do that and boast about it in these forums. Names won't be mentioned of course. But to think of that actually happening, most raids, especially SnV can be done with a group of 230... you did good on adding them to ignore.
See, here's the thing: if you're that picky about PUGs, you need to join a raiding guild, or you need to specify what you want when you're LFG. The other thing is it's one thing if you are doing VOTMG or maybe the Ossus bosses. Those aren't cakewalks.

"LF 1 Tank KP SM GF. Must have 248 set bonus with augments and link Brontes NIM cheeve."

Joke's on them, I still got my lockout done! 😀
Click here so we all get nice things: http://www.swtor.com/r/yLqcYJ
#ThanksBioware
Vaylin deserved better.

Spyderwraith
01.05.2019 , 10:30 PM | #9583
New one just now. DF Group Finder, I'm tanking. Straight PUG from the GF button. 5 of 8 say they haven't done it before. Fine it'd be rough but explanations will be handed out it's cool. First trash pull people get thrown everywhere and there's 4 big guys at once whacking people
DPS "Tanks you have to "taunt"
Me: "I am taunting"
Nefra
Explanations go out tanks gotta be in front adds get hit by range etc.
My Co-tank keeps taunting off me and dragging him into the middle of the room away from the wall. The DPS constantly gets smashed by the mega cleave he does. I keep taunting him to the wall, Co-tank keeps taunting him back and moving him to the middle where DPS get slaughtered since they don't go behind him even after i explain for them to get out away from his front.
One dps dc's
I bailed. Screw that
Quote: Originally Posted by Anarious View Post
I have a feeling you would ring Ford to complain that one of your Bridgestone tires got a puncture, irrelevant of the fact you drive a Toyota.

Kaldron_Fell
01.07.2019 , 04:47 PM | #9584
The other thing is it's one thing if you are doing VOTMG or maybe the Ossus bosses. Those aren't cakewalks.
Honestly, even the Ossus bosses are pretty easy. I mean, compare them to the DvL bosses and they're a joke. Sure the droidie hits pretty hard and can kill a few at a time, but the bug? Barely anyone ever dies there. The biggest difficulty is still bug avoidance, especially because noone really knows what actually triggers the bug

"LF 1 Tank KP SM GF. Must have 248 set bonus with augments and link Brontes NIM cheeve."
I see that a lot lately, people asking for very high ratings for super easy content. Makes me question peoples sanity, tbh. Why would I need 248 gear for spamming Hamster Station HM runs? Two DPS with mild companion management skills can do that
Cult of the Wailing Wookiee

PorsaLindahl
01.09.2019 , 09:53 AM | #9585
I was in a LFG doing Boarding Party last week. At the first cinematic, the group leader says "Obama...nooooooooo" and "pleeeease spacebar! " (that npc does kind of look like Obama)

This other guy (gonna call him player 2) in the group says "I'm not going to."

Group leader says "Well I know who to kick, then. " Obviously joking around.

On the way to the "hatch" player 2 just starts going off the deep end, cussing at the group leader and just giving him hell. Guess some people have no sense of humor. Anyway because of that, and not because of the dreaded spacebar that loser got kicked (it was the other member of the group that initiated the kick and not the leader.)

AllisonLightning
01.11.2019 , 06:46 AM | #9586
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
As long as someone has done the raid in HM and is in the basic 230s, I'll keep them in group for a HM, or if the group is balanced out as to not cause a complete early breakup, first timers- but there are people looking for carries. Me- the idea of a carry is alien, if I had more credits than what to do with- I'd pay for my own personal NiM progression team for the times I raid where I could be taught- the whole buying achievements/free mounts and titles doesn't make sense for me, since they wouldn't be real. I want the Wings as a 'I have cleared this in NiM and enough times on farm to have won them'.

For groupfinder story mode, it's stupid. I've removed one person one time during APAC prime time when groups collapse at times when it takes too long for a role we needed with someone lower level than they were. I've had people go on about the gear and I've put my foot down and said it's SM and I've told people to pass on gear they don't need when we have people in group who still need basic set gear. It's all 'derp derp... but their gear!' but then 'derp derp, my alts/different spec'... the amount of people who will whine about the under 70s/undergeared but need on every piece at full 248 is ridiculous.

Today, had someone whisper me asking to kick a sub 70 DPS when we got them as a replacement and my answer was no as it will always be. I've gotten so fed up that most of the time I refuse to do GF on my main healers unless it's a GF last boss run or something I want to do for crates or I really feel for the group (or someone was nice enough to switch roles in an earlier run and I want them to get to do their preferred character). I still will happily agree if a tank or healer feels uncomfortable with a solo tank to recruit another because it's GF and too many people are using the ability to cheese Ops with a fifth DPS to cover for the fact max level and gear can't get them to SM DPS numbers.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.

Rion_Starkiller
01.14.2019 , 12:01 PM | #9587
Logged into my DPS Sorc on Darth Malgus in hopes of getting a last boss run of SnV before work. Her item rating is 238. Saw a call for it, get invited, then all of a sudden I'm kicked. I figure the game bugged, so I ask to be invited back. Nope, I was intentionally kicked because my item rating was "too low, and we want a fast kill".

A GF raid. It's story mode. I have run with people as low as level 50, and without their full set bonus if they are level 70. I've run with people with old set bonuses(ie, the 3.x or 4.x sets).

I told them to not PUG if they're that picky and set them on ignore.
It's so bizarre to me that there are SM elitists.

On a related note, I was in a guild run of DF HM. Turns out we were 1 dps short that day. We decided to use the Allies channel to find a pug. We requested the usual "know fights, have discord" as well as "be 242+ geared." Long story short, 2 players in the Allies channel decided to complain about the 242+ requirement and we were baffled (the usual "akshually" type of nerds). I don't think our request was over the top... because you never know what quality of player you are getting when you pug even if they have the cheeve.

PS- Allies channel is trash now. Bring back Kephess channel!
-Beruhl (ง︡'-'︠)ง

8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want can i borrow a stim?
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

Elliraen
01.17.2019 , 04:51 AM | #9588
Queued up LFG last night, working on Socialite I for conquest, and Red Reaper popped. I loaded in just before the group leader and saw one groupie (a level 26) with just a sliver of health. I checked to see if anyone else had loaded. The group leader loaded, and apparently saw the same thing I did (the lowbie near death), and said "You don't run up the middle here by yourself" then the dude died. "Or that'll happen." The other person in the group (level 70) was over on the right side fighting and holding his own of course.

We finished up the mobs and this guy (the lowbie) starts giving us hell for "letting him die." Well some lessons are best learned the hard way. Both the group leader and I both told him that it was his own fault for running into combat before everyone was even loaded. Yet he persisted on blaming us and just being a total jerk about it. So instead of putting up with his crap for the rest of the flashpoint, we kicked him from the group.

A couple of minutes later the group leader tells me that that guy was spamming him in whispers, and calling him all kinds of derogatory names and hurling insults at him (stuff that would make DK chat seem like a church gathering). This goes on until we get to the bridge near the end of the FP (so a good 10-15 minutes) when the group leader finally decided to ignore the guy.

Just have to love those people that blame others for their own shortcomings and mistakes. And the guy claimed to have been around since launch. If that were true, then he would've had more sense than to initiate combat, on a squishy lowbie, without his group there to help.
Referral link - free goodies for new and current subscribers.

Spyderwraith
01.17.2019 , 08:22 PM | #9589
Here's a beauty
So our guild decides to do Ravagers as it is for conquest and it happened to be the Ops of the day yesterday. So we have a bit of issues with one of our dps as he lags and the game freezes so he drops so we go into GF for the spot now 5/8 (we grabbed a guy off fleet who had never done Ravagers before but he got into our discord and takes direction well which is awesome) are guild members a healer we picked up from fleet at the start, plus this new pug. We make it to master Blaster and we give it a go. The new pug Mara, decides to stand in everything imaginable and die horribly and rather quickly, things go pear shaped and we wipe. New Pug drops group immediately after. Well ok whatever he just stands in stupid. So we queue up for another replacement and get this Merc. He zones in trades a stim to someone randomly and goes quiet after. We ready check. he's not ready, we wait and ready check again not ready... message in ops chat (yes we know the bug so it's in officer chat or whatever) even whisper if he is good to go. no response but he starts walking and jumping... Well alright awesome. So we pull.
This Merc then proceeds to run to the far edge of the battle and jump off the edge to his death. did not even engage the boss... after he dies he quits group.
One of the pugs asked in discord if we remember the guild name which I tell him. He proceeds to tell us all that the leader of that guild of this Merc was in his guild previously and had proceeded to take a bunch of stuff out of their guild bank money mats items and then quit.
So.... I proceed to ignore the Merc and then look up his guild name and ignore every single player online with that Guild tag.
We queue up AGAIN wait a few minutes.... and we get.... THE SAME MERC that we just finished all ignoring.
***??? Not only was he able to go into GF immediately without lockout but even made it into our group AFTER we ignored him.
So he gets kicked ASAP.
We queue YET AGAIN and get a sniper. We kill Master Blaster. He Dc's after the fight before the trash and last boss. :/ We clear trash and wait, but he's still not back.
We kick him and grab a friend of mine to help. By that time it was stupid late and we only gave the last boss one shot, we could not finish it so we took the LBLO.
Quote: Originally Posted by Anarious View Post
I have a feeling you would ring Ford to complain that one of your Bridgestone tires got a puncture, irrelevant of the fact you drive a Toyota.

AlrikFassbauer
01.19.2019 , 06:25 AM | #9590
Quote: Originally Posted by Spyderwraith View Post
things go pear shaped and we wipe.
Is the Gree-Speak ?
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.