Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


TACeMossie's Avatar


TACeMossie
10.08.2014 , 09:54 PM | #5081
Quote: Originally Posted by Tungstenses View Post
My mid ranged I think lvl: 39 sorc healer, now DPS.
Well, thing is I as a healer, stacked power and surge with indestructible crystals. Around 15% crit, was not fun.
Foundry SM:
Phase in, see the tank, lvl 34 fresh off the press, 8k health, DPS stance, Shii-cho or what ever. Sees my amazing 12k health sorc and says "do you want to tank? You look like the tanking type." DPS sniper phases in, sees my 12k health,
"Oh **** yea finally a geared tank!" "Wait, (insert character name here) you have 12k health and your a sorc?"
Oh*****bouttogodown.jpeg
Sniper loses **** about how he can't get anything in flashpoints. I told him I'm heals I just prefer having high health.
Then the jugg dps zones in, of course he sees my health and again says I should tank. The tank chimes up and says its a good idea, I waited for this que so what did I do? Heal tanked that *****. Worst experience ever, group was tunnel visioned, and no kill order. Now I'm just fretting that I should have gone assassin.
On the bright side, it would have been easy to hold aggro against a group of bads :P
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

Ryuku-sama's Avatar


Ryuku-sama
10.08.2014 , 09:56 PM | #5082
Quote: Originally Posted by Tungstenses View Post
My mid ranged I think lvl: 39 sorc healer, now DPS.
Well, thing is I as a healer, stacked power and surge with indestructible crystals. Around 15% crit, was not fun.
Foundry SM:
Phase in, see the tank, lvl 34 fresh off the press, 8k health, DPS stance, Shii-cho or what ever. Sees my amazing 12k health sorc and says "do you want to tank? You look like the tanking type." DPS sniper phases in, sees my 12k health,
"Oh **** yea finally a geared tank!" "Wait, (insert character name here) you have 12k health and your a sorc?"
Oh*****bouttogodown.jpeg
Sniper loses **** about how he can't get anything in flashpoints. I told him I'm heals I just prefer having high health.
Then the jugg dps zones in, of course he sees my health and again says I should tank. The tank chimes up and says its a good idea, I waited for this que so what did I do? Heal tanked that *****. Worst experience ever, group was tunnel visioned, and no kill order. Now I'm just fretting that I should have gone assassin.
Welcome to lvl 55 PuGing in HM Healtank FTW
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

Tungstenses's Avatar


Tungstenses
10.08.2014 , 09:58 PM | #5083
I wasn't a lvl 55 my new alt has to DPS because of this, yay, death field ftw.
Mainly A Sniper, Occasionally a Jugg

nerf sins and make PTs viable

BigBreakfast's Avatar


BigBreakfast
10.09.2014 , 09:01 AM | #5084
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
I'm also coming to learn that seeing someone proudly displaying the "Imperial Forward Commander" (Imp-side KDY max-rep) title should probably be vote-kicked and /ignored out of hand. I am sorely tempted to start a vote-kick the net time I see that just to see what would happen.
Sounds just a bit harsh/elitist.

That being said, I would save that kick experiment for someone with the Drive Yards Demolisher title. At least Imperial Forward Commander has some kind of RP feel to it. As for starting vote-kicks against them, I wager the majority of people would kick them too, but for no other reason than they were given the option to do so.

EranofArcadia's Avatar


EranofArcadia
10.09.2014 , 09:21 AM | #5085
I have alts with both "Drive Yards Demolisher" and "Imperial Forward Commander" displayed (merc and sin, respectively.) My reason for doing so is purely RP, I swear. I actually have no idea how good I am, but after 200+ Kuats I'm sure I learned at least SOMETHING.
The Nera Legacy - BC

Ryuku-sama's Avatar


Ryuku-sama
10.09.2014 , 10:34 AM | #5086
Quote: Originally Posted by EranofArcadia View Post
I have alts with both "Drive Yards Demolisher" and "Imperial Forward Commander" displayed (merc and sin, respectively.) My reason for doing so is purely RP, I swear. I actually have no idea how good I am, but after 200+ Kuats I'm sure I learned at least SOMETHING.
Only thing I've ever learned out of KDY is new ways to curse at bads....
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

BobFredJohn's Avatar


BobFredJohn
10.09.2014 , 10:38 AM | #5087
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
Only thing I've ever learned out of KDY is new ways to curse at bads....
Lucky you, only thing I learnt at kdy is the curses bads use when picked up on their bad habbits
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

Ryuku-sama's Avatar


Ryuku-sama
10.09.2014 , 10:45 AM | #5088
Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post
Lucky you, only thing I learnt at kdy is the curses bads use when picked up on their bad habbits
Well how to curse and pick bad on their bad play without them knowing Like this sent poping GbtF on CD being a 'suicidal with a HP pool challenged liking to overload his healer with out even DPSing well enough to keep add off said healer.' Sent even asked what I meant by that!!!!! lol
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

midianlord's Avatar


midianlord
10.09.2014 , 11:42 AM | #5089
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
Well how to curse and pick bad on their bad play without them knowing Like this sent poping GbtF on CD being a 'suicidal with a HP pool challenged liking to overload his healer with out even DPSing well enough to keep add off said healer.' Sent even asked what I meant by that!!!!! lol
I find that keeping the message short and concise as possible helps in that.

"Adds"

"Guys? Adds?"

"ADDS FFS!!!!"

(Splat!)

"/facepalm -- told you so."

This usually does the trick, except when it doesn't
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

Ryuku-sama's Avatar


Ryuku-sama
10.09.2014 , 12:13 PM | #5090
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
I find that keeping the message short and concise as possible helps in that.

"Adds"

"Guys? Adds?"

"ADDS FFS!!!!"

(Splat!)

"/facepalm -- told you so."

This usually does the trick, except when it doesn't
lol... I tried that way too.. Neither really works... Hell even using my cleanse on CD on the idiots doesn't work!!!! BW should buff cleanse so it cleanse stupidity better!!!!!!!!
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015