@People who say Operative Healers are OP.

Shibbstah

Play better.

I bet you don't complain when you have an Operative healing you.

You casuals are the reason games are ruined.

"I can't kill anything"

"There's no autoattack in this game. wut2do."

PvP is pretty balanced. Learn to adapt. Operative Healers were a pain even before 2.0, so nothing is different, except for the fact that they can now do a fancy roll.

I thought this was going to.be like a montage of you dropping OP healers to the floor, but sadly it was just a random video of arnold saying "stop.whining".

Oh well, I have wrecked my fair share of operatives in pvp. Not many can be solod, but any actual 2 good dps focus them down they don't usually last very long.

You are partly right by the fact that most of the nerf comments come from complete idiots, but in many souations like rateds they are pulling 2mil+ heals. Its a very fine line between breaking the class and fixing it, take a little too much and anyone could solo them, not take enough and they will still be op.

Honestly though, if a healer is easily soloable that is just pathetic.

I thought this was going to.be like a montage of you dropping OP healers to the floor, but sadly it was just a random video of arnold saying "stop.whining".

Oh well, I have wrecked my fair share of operatives in pvp. Not many can be solod, but any actual 2 good dps focus them down they don't usually last very long.

You are partly right by the fact that most of the nerf comments come from complete idiots, but in many souations like rateds they are pulling 2mil+ heals. Its a very fine line between breaking the class and fixing it, take a little too much and anyone could solo them, not take enough and they will still be op.

Honestly though, if a healer is easily soloable that is just pathetic.

How to beat kill operative healers (any any class for that matter)

Step 1: Stun them (to prevent use of CD's like evasion and vanish)

Step 2: Coordinate burst DPS. Most classes can burst 40-60% of am opposing player's health in less than 2 seconds if played properly. Therefore you need about 2-3 DPS to pull off a successful hard switch. RWZ teams run 4 dps, so this is definitely possible.

Step 3: Profit

It is amazing how so few players/teams can do this.

Good players will survive by reacting quickly and popping defensive CD's, but if you switch off and then switch back they will die.

It is amazing how bad PVP DPS is at assisting targets in this game. Ranked teams: make your most vocal DPS player the main assist, and have all other players attack the same target as him. Things will die.

I consider myself casual and i don't think that but there are idiots who call op or nerf before actually playing the class. Just a thought for anybody with a brain and enjoyment of the game

I play the class and I'm fully aware of how strong scoundrel heals are atm. It's brain dead easy and I rarely play heal spec.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I annoy healers.

I only have 1 DPS toon (Jeffray the Destructive Sniper) and will sit and pew pew til they notice their health going down, then hit em with Shatter Shot, interrupt blah blah blah.

On my Guardian Tank, Leap interrupt> interrupt> Hilt Bash> interrupt> Force Stasis> interrupt> Force Push> Jump interrupt> interrupt. It's just meant to annoy them, because if your team is too dumb to attack the marked healer, I feel sorry for you. Healers aren't meant to be solo'd.

I'll be sad when the nerf happens, but for the moment I'm enjoying my Operatives time in the sun. For the record, my Operative is an alt, and only 51, so he just picked up the roll, not that I've really had much chance to abuse it or really even put much use into it. I think people have become so convinced that it's not worth it to focus on Operatives healing that they just ignore me and hope that their combined DPS can beat out my heals on whoever they're targetting. I mostly PUG WZs, so I'm not going in with a dedicated guard bot, or someone for me to pocket heal, so it's hit or miss when I have support. Without it, I still feel like I'm making a large contribution to the success of my team, and that's something I hope I still feel whenever the nerf eventually comes. Hopefully we get to keep it as long as Sorcs kept their team stun bubble.

... Hopefully we get to keep it as long as Sorcs kept their team stun bubble.

Stun bubble was one style. Scouperative healers have roll, uninterruptable instants, cover, stealth, 8 sec aoe mezz, insta HP refill below 30%, endless energy etc. etc. etc. You can't seriously compare both in terms of OPness.

I've played a Sage healer since release and recently Smugglers have been out-healing me by quite a lot. I very rarely got out-healed by smugglers. EVER. Until recently.

Also on the note of sorc/sage healers and their team stun bubble.

The stun bubble is halfway up the Telekinetic tree you lose half your healing ability if you go for it...

Not to mention your Force resource Mangement becomes the hardest part of healing and using Noble Sacrifice destroys your HP and Force Regen even when specd into it (which is partly at the top of the Healing tree and you can't get it if you get the stun bubble).

Smugglers/Ops have none of these problems and all the advantages. Also Sages have 1 instant heal. ONE. UNO! (Except the one that only effects themselves, which is a nice bonus, but doesn't really contribute to the group.)

Don't get me wrong Sage Healers are still good, but Smugglers completely outclass them now, they aren't even comparable as far as healing goes.

Edited by Monkfishysnow

I cant stand to play op it bores me ive never played past lvl 13 on agent or smuggler

It's definitely slow to start. The class doesn't really get gong until level 36, especially if you play scrapper.

Smugglers/Ops have none of these problems and all the advantages. Also Sages have 1 instant heal. ONE. UNO! (Except the one that only effects themselves, which is a nice bonus, but doesn't really contribute to the group.)

The bubble counts as an instant heal, so we have two. Actually we have 3 if you charge up the AOE heal enough to be instant, and that's one killer good heal.

Edited by Caelrie

the only issue i have with ops is how stupid their energy management is. ops will ALWAYS outheal a sorc and merc(lol) of the same skill level under the same conditions because their energy is always near full, and if it isn't takes like 3 globals to get back to a manageable level. other than that theyre fine

The bubble counts as an instant heal, so we have two. Actually we have 3 if you charge up the AOE heal enough to be instant, and that's one killer good heal.

It's not instant if it needs to proc, but I see where you're coming from. Also the stun bubble I was referring too is Force Armour which doesn't heal allies, only yourself and it only causes stuns halfway up the Telekinetic tree. Force Shield also heals you for 10% heal I suppose you could class that as an instant heal. An instant heal with a 3 minute CD, but that ability is still useful.

Edited by Monkfishysnow

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I annoy healers.

I only have 1 DPS toon (Jeffray the Destructive Sniper) and will sit and pew pew til they notice their health going down, then hit em with Shatter Shot, interrupt blah blah blah.

On my Guardian Tank, Leap interrupt> interrupt> Hilt Bash> interrupt> Force Stasis> interrupt> Force Push> Jump interrupt> interrupt. It's just meant to annoy them, because if your team is too dumb to attack the marked healer, I feel sorry for you. Healers aren't meant to be solo'd.

This guy hit the nail on the head, sadly healers are only truly OP when you are playing with people that have no clue what to do. However, this creates a problem who / what do you balance towards? The majority of players that pvp, that have no clue how to work as a team, or do you balance around the minority of players that know how to work as a group?

We all the know the answer, majority will win, I expect a nerf to healers across the board in 2.4 not because they need it, but because the majority of the player base is having issues because they do not understand the basic notion of teamwork.

Because let us face it, at the end of the day good players will adapt. So I am sorry when you guys get nerfed, just the sorry state of SWTOR I guess. :( Majority rules, and sadly the majority is not very good.

Edited by MahneWarrior

Tank sins/shadows and VG/PT's can deal with Op/Scoundrel healers as long as their marked and you have at least 2 DPS on your team with half a brain. Pull said healer to your location and spike/NS/carbonize etc. Hope the two DPS jump the pretty little marked healer and make them panic (Which most do only great healers will sit through the small stun) they break said stun then hit them with 4 sec hard stun and they should drop. Should being the Operative word (no pun intended :p) This obviously depends on a lot of variables but also helps in preventing the tank trying to peel