huttball idea : different/random ball buff/debuffs

Thaladan

the umpteenth topic about the operative roll in huttball gave me the idea to propose different debuff (or buff why not) for the ball each game.

so each start of a huttball we'll see the ability of the ball for the game.

1- the classic ball like we know

and for example :

2- a ball with no possibilities to roll/sprint/leap/gain speed

3- a ball with no possibility to pass but that doesn't explode

4- a ball giving a DOT to the carrier

etc etc ...

this would give diversity to huttball maps if the ball can be different (at least 3 different balls)

thoughts? suggestions?

Adding RNG events that have huge potential outcomes on the game is pretty much always a bad idea.

See odessen for example.

The only reason RNG has huge potential on the outcome of Odessen is the clueless people playing it. The RNG aspect of Odessen provides the longest lifespan of all warzones owing to its unpredictable nature. The key momentum is how to counter it the best you can. It is not the developers' fault players are too lazy/stupid to understand mechanics and focus objectives. Odessen is the best content this game has ever seen since vanilla Hutball.

And since we have been in the same team in Odessen and I have seen you focusing objectives, I know that you know exactly what I am talking about.

But as for HB, I don't think that is a good idea for that warzone already has its necessary tactical depths that players currently ignore/yet unaware of - no point adding more.

Edited by varietasplus

The only reason RNG has huge potential on the outcome of Odessen is the clueless people playing it. The RNG aspect of Odessen provides the longest lifespan of all warzones owing to its unpredictable nature. The key momentum is how to counter it the best you can. It is not the developers' fault players are too lazy/stupid to understand mechanics and focus objectives. Odessen is the best content this game has ever seen since vanilla Hutball.

And since we have been in the same team in Odessen and I have seen you focusing objectives, I know that you know exactly what I am talking about.

But as for HB, I don't think that is a good idea for that warzone already has its necessary tactical depths that players currently ignore/yet unaware of - no point adding more.

Problem is those same clueless people also play Hutt Ball. We already have enough people who don’t try or can’t work out the basics of Hutt Ball (it’s not rocket science, but you’d think it was).

Even the current exploding ball is hard for some people to grasp. I don’t know how many times the same person will grab the ball and explode before the line because they refuse to pass and we are all calling for them to pass.

Problem is those same clueless people also play Hutt Ball. We already have enough people who don’t try or can’t work out the basics of Hutt Ball (it’s not rocket science, but you’d think it was).

Even the current exploding ball is hard for some people to grasp. I don’t know how many times the same person will grab the ball and explode before the line because they refuse to pass and we are all calling for them to pass.

Ha, actually you are talking about average players, who are at least capable of carrying the ball. Most zombies don't even realize they have the ball and keep on hitting closest enemy or start running in panic and pass the ball to the enemy a few seconds later.

Ha, actually you are talking about average players, who are at least capable of carrying the ball. Most zombies don't even realize they have the ball and keep on hitting closest enemy or start running in panic and pass the ball to the enemy a few seconds later.

Exactly. - But it's also common for the ball carrier to make progress and be focussed by the enemy only to find their team-mates haven't moved with them, and there's now no one to pass to. :rolleyes:

If it's the average game you then get yelled at for not passing.... while you roll your eyes at your clue-less tem-mates.

Back on topic though, fixing some of the problems with HB IMHO is better than making the ball type change.

- And this is from someone who really likes HB, but gets frustrated with some of the technical glitches of it that are never addressed.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

so just make the huttball a kill zone for scoring, and the ball a grenade causing 20k+ aoe damage ...

problem solved, thx everyone :)

AOE damage to your team or the other team?

Because if it’s the other team, people will just get the ball and death match in the middle of everyone to make it explode to get better dps.

If the AOE damage is on your team, then NO one would ever pick up the ball.

Problem not solved.