Just spent 80 bucks on coins....

LordArtemis

I am sure many people spend much more, but in my case this is significant to me because I don't usually do this.

I wanted to put it out that even someone as frugal as I am has done this to point out that, in my case, you add items to the market that are appealing and you may entice players to spend cash that otherwise would not.

Cartel packs do not appeal to me other than to perhaps generate in game EC. I buy coins for the occasional armor set (one on sale right now, 280 coins that has a good universal use across many of my toons), legacy unlocks is a big one and the XP boosts.

For me, customization and ease of gameplay are the most appealing features for sale in the market. Having the ability to add inventory slots, extra bays, reduce comp junk sale time to 5 seconds, adding a GTN and Mailbox to every ship I have or will have in the future, rocket boots, speeders for all, etc, are the items that entice me to buy coins.

I'm not even thinking of the unlocks for FTP if I choose to go that route...I'll buy more coins if I decide to let my sub lapse.

I would like to point out some of the things that have less value to me in the market however, and might be altered to be more valuable. This is only from my perspective, I do not speak for others.

First, the armor. The idea that you have mods installed in some sets that give players a higher set of mods than they would normally be able to use at that level is good, certainly....and a person can keep those mods if the remove them.

But what I would suggest is that you offer two things....empty level one versions of your current armor with no mods installed AND mod packs that one could buy...a complete set of mods, level 15, 30 and 45 for each class. So thats...

2 Barrels

2 Crystals

7 Armor pieces

9 Mods

7 Enhancements

I might be a bit off, but I believe that's a full equipment set. Obviously you could leave out the weapon and secondary mods, and just make it 7/7/5. I bet this would be a big seller on the market.

Next, the Legacy unlocks.

Turning your droid into a vendor and target dummies are good items, but not as appealing as the mail and GTN terminals IMO. Now, if the droid could be a terminal no matter where you go if you pull him to you as a companion, and if the dummy could instead be a droid that could fight back....well, that would be much more enticing.

Especially if the droid had the ability to give me access to my cargo bay and the mail when I am out and about.

So I would offer the following upgrades to the droid and target dummies....

Field vendor - turns your ship droid into a field vendor that works the same way it does on the ship. Only works out of combat. All group members can use.

Field cargo - Your droid provides access to your cargo bay. Only works outside of combat. All group members can use.

Field mail - Your droid provides access to your mailbox. Only works outside of combat. All group members can use.

Field respec - Your droid provides the ability to respec in the field. Only works outside of combat. All group members can use.

So it would be a more expensive add on unlock compared to the current mail, respec and field repair bots.

Then a final enhancement to your ship droid...turn him into a battle bot for use as a target dummy that can fight back.

Ship combat droid - unlock the ability to summon your droid to your cargo bay and engage in one on one combat. Droid will fight you as equipped until either he is defeated or you are. There is no damage inflicted on gear as a result of this kind of duel. Has a cost of 2000 EC per battle.

Ship combat droid mark 2 - reduces cost to 200 EC per battle and allows Strong and Elite modes.

Ship combat droid mark 3 - removes EC cost and allows Champion mode.

And eventually.....

Companion duel - unlock the ability to summon one of your companions to your cargo bay to engage in a friendly duel. Companion will fight until one of you is defeated. There is no damage inflicted on gear as a result of this kind of duel.

I would also suggest two further items that would be valuable I think to players, especially casual ones.

Reinforcement - Unlock legacy ability to summon an additional companion for 30 seconds to fight by your side. 4 hour cooldown.

Backup - Unlock legacy ability to call in temporary backup from one of your other same faction characters in your legacy as family or allies, controlled by the AI for 30 seconds. AI assigns normal comp abilities the are the closest match to your characters class. 12 hour cooldown.

The latter works as a companion with your characters level, appearance and equipment. Reinforcement and Backup would not work in instances of any kind or PVP.

Now on to legacy crafting.

I would like to see a legacy unlock perk that allows you to add yourself to the list of available crew that can craft when using the crafting window. The perk would unlock a crafting station on your ship that allows you to que 5 items to craft just like your companions. There are some perks, however, to you doing the crafting directly with your companions...

Ship crafting station - This perk unlocks a ship crafting console on your vessel that allows you to personally craft items as an available crew member in the crafting window list. You must be near the crafting station for this to work. As a personal crafter you get a bonus to both crafting time (10 percent reduction) and chance for exceptional results (10 percent increase) for the items that you personally craft. This station has an EC cost of 2000 EC per crafting session.

Ship crafting station level 2 - reduces cost to 200 EC per session, increases percentage reduction and boosts to 25 percent.

Ship crafting station level 3 - removes EC cost, increases percentage reduction and boosts to 50 percent.

Thanks for your time. I may add more items later.

Edited by LordArtemis

But what I would suggest is that you offer two things....empty level one versions of your current armor with no mods installed AND mod packs that one could buy...a complete set of mods, level 15, 30 and 45 for each class. So thats...

2 Barrels

2 Crystals

7 Armor pieces

9 Mods

7 Enhancements

I might be a bit off, but I believe that's a full equipment set. Obviously you could leave out the weapon and secondary mods, and just make it 7/7/5. I bet this would be a big seller on the market.

yeah, no

this would get ppl screaming "OMGZ GAIS BW GOING FULL PAY TO WIN!!! QQQQQNERDRAGEQQQQUNSUBBINGBUTNOTREALLYGONNAUNSUB"

as for everything else, i dont have any problem with it

Edited by astrobearx

yeah, no

this would get ppl screaming "OMGZ GAIS BW GOING FULL PAY TO WIN!!! QQQQQNERDRAGEQQQQUNSUBBINGBUTNOTREALLYGONNAUNSUB"

as for everything else, i dont have any problem with it

I would have to disagree, considering that you can buy full sets of armor with the mods already installed and remove them. So it's the same thing...it just separates them to add convenience and increase profitability.

Besides, people scream that already based on the crystals.

I would have to disagree, considering that you can buy full sets of armor with the mods already installed and remove them. So it's the same thing...it just separates them to add convenience and increase profitability.

i get that, and if bw does do this, i wont say anything against it, buuut

remember the starship parts pay to win threads? apparently the ship parts were superior to anything that a crafter could make, so ppl cry and moan and scream and shouted and threaten to unsub and such (so many and's)

my point here is that BW isnt gonna go thru that again.

hell there are ppl on this forum is just waiting to incite a OMG ITS P2W roit at anything that even look like it.

Edited by astrobearx

They haven't added any pieces of armor with mods in them since they launched the CM, and for good reason. You're not supposed to buy them for the mods, you are supposed to buy them for the look. And crystals are a different beast. You can't separate the look of a crystal from the stats it gives in the current version of the game, but you can with items. They can't give low stat crystals because then no one would pay for them, since they would need to be replaced. But they couldn't also give crystals that you can only use at 50, because then you can't use the color you want at lower levels.

I do not think anything that can boost "stats" should be available in the CM, including the "modded" Armor and Crystals... I am on the opinion, that the CM should only be for unlocks and cosmetic stuff, like Armor, but with NO MODS in them. Some things really should only be obtained through game play, not through the use of real money. Edited by Themanthatisi

Ok, well how about for the early game, say the level 15 set, but remove the current mods from the gear and make it all level one empty gear.

Not only should that satiate those that complain about "P2W" since it is a downgrade from what's available, it makes the game more approachable at lower levels.

Crafted mods, armorings, barrels and enhancements are virtually worthless in this game. Even if you can't afford the (paltry) sum of credits to buy these things on the GTN, you can literally trade any planet's commendations for any level of these items (in 2 level increments from 13 to 50). Honestly how much of the game are you willing to pay not to play?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the planetary comm items aren't even bound. You can buy them on a max level character and mail them over to an alt without even using legacy gear.

Edited by Covaltage

I am sure many people spend much more, but in my case this is significant to me because I don't usually do this.

Wow. I haven't spent one thin dime on CC (beyond what I pay for the ones included as part of my sub). I don't think I ever will (but you never know).

2 Barrels

2 Crystals

7 Armor pieces

9 Mods

7 Enhancements

This would kill crafters. Most of their income comes from people leveling toons.

Field vendor - turns your ship droid into a field vendor that works the same way it does on the ship. Only works out of combat. All group members can use. In game already

Field cargo - Your droid provides access to your cargo bay. Only works outside of combat. All group members can use. Would be great

Field mail - Your droid provides access to your mailbox. Only works outside of combat. All group members can use. In game already

Field respec - Your droid provides the ability to respec in the field. Only works outside of combat. All group members can use. In game already

Ship combat droid - unlock the ability to summon your droid to your cargo bay and engage in one on one combat. Droid will fight you as equipped until either he is defeated or you are. There is no damage inflicted on gear as a result of this kind of duel. Has a cost of 2000 EC per battle. Why?

Ship combat droid mark 2 - reduces cost to 200 EC per battle and allows Strong and Elite modes.

Ship combat droid mark 3 - removes EC cost and allows Champion mode.

And eventually.....

Companion duel - unlock the ability to summon one of your companions to your cargo bay to engage in a friendly duel. Companion will fight until one of you is defeated. There is no damage inflicted on gear as a result of this kind of duel. Meh. Would require a bunch of changes to the companion combat system.

I would also suggest two further items that would be valuable I think to players, especially casual ones.

Reinforcement - Unlock legacy ability to summon an additional companion for 30 seconds to fight by your side. 4 hour cooldown.

Backup - Unlock legacy ability to call in temporary backup from one of your other same faction characters in your legacy as family or allies, controlled by the AI for 30 seconds. AI assigns normal comp abilities the are the closest match to your characters class. 12 hour cooldown.

Meh.

The latter works as a companion with your characters level, appearance and equipment. Reinforcement and Backup would not work in instances of any kind or PVP.

Now on to legacy crafting.

I would like to see a legacy unlock perk that allows you to add yourself to the list of available crew that can craft when using the crafting window. The perk would unlock a crafting station on your ship that allows you to que 5 items to craft just like your companions. There are some perks, however, to you doing the crafting directly with your companions...

Ship crafting station - This perk unlocks a ship crafting console on your vessel that allows you to personally craft items as an available crew member in the crafting window list. You must be near the crafting station for this to work. As a personal crafter you get a bonus to both crafting time (10 percent reduction) and chance for exceptional results (10 percent increase) for the items that you personally craft. This station has an EC cost of 2000 EC per crafting session.

Ship crafting station level 2 - reduces cost to 200 EC per session, increases percentage reduction and boosts to 25 percent.

Ship crafting station level 3 - removes EC cost, increases percentage reduction and boosts to 50 percent.

An increase in crafting crits that much would ruin the economy. And having some sort of reward for something that could be so easily botted while AFK seems like a bad plan.

Thanks for your time. I may add more items later.

Responses in bold

Edited by Capt_Beers

We already have field vendor, mail, and respec. Your group can already use your field droids.

Yes, but there are limitations. They are only temporary with a cooldown if I remember right. Your ship droid is a summoned companion that can come instantly and remain as long as you would like. It also gives you these options on your ship from one source...not to mention the droid can also be a companion if you want, so you carry your access to these features everywhere you go.

The idea is that the unlocks for the individual field droids would be cheaper than the all in one, never despawn option. It also makes the ship droid a much more appealing companion.

The companion reinforcement thing sounds cool. Or if you could do a super one that summons all your companions into battle at once on 24 hour cooldown. For 30 seconds. I would get that.

All I can think of when I read this is the supers in Marvel vs. Capcom where your whole team would jump in.

The companion reinforcement thing sounds cool. Or if you could do a super one that summons all your companions into battle at once on 24 hour cooldown. For 30 seconds. I would get that.

While it is completely unnecessary, I thought the Reinforcement / Backup ideas were pretty cool. I especially like the Backup idea in that it adds an element of interconnectedness between the characters if you can interact with more than one at the same time. That just seems really cool to me. I would like to see something like this available with a longer increment, but perhaps with a longer cool down as well. Like, an hour every 24 hours, or something. For questing out in the world, that would just be seriously cool. :cool:

I also like the idea of the all-in-one service droid. Yes, most of those features are available elsewhere, but give me a reason to use my ship droid! ;)

In general, I vote for more global unlocks and fewer character perks. For example, put all of the XP bonuses and companion/skill perks within the character section, but put the ship terminals, fast travel, field droids, etc., in the global section (or both global and character to increase player choice).

Edited by -Wes-

Yeah the problem here is the player community, not what you are asking for. Some of the community is just looking for any opportunity to start P2W wars in the forum. It happened when the gear with mods went in the market... it happened with the crystals went into the market....heck it even happened when they introduced cartel rep for buyers of cartel packs.

Besides, mods for weapons and armor are the easiest thing in the world to get in game. It has no unique appearance value or anything else of note. As for your other suggestions.. no.. again.. it incites the P2W wars crowd as well.

All your suggestion does is get the natives worked up.

Edited by Andryah

Yes, but there are limitations. They are only temporary with a cooldown if I remember right. Your ship droid is a summoned companion that can come instantly and remain as long as you would like. It also gives you these options on your ship from one source...not to mention the droid can also be a companion if you want, so you carry your access to these features everywhere you go.

The idea is that the unlocks for the individual field droids would be cheaper than the all in one, never despawn option. It also makes the ship droid a much more appealing companion.

You can buy the CD down to 15 minutes, and there's no reason you'd need the repair vendor/mail more often than that. You can use them everywhere you go. And it's better than putting that function on the ship droid. As it is, each op member can use their droids on demand. Changing it to the companion would cause problems for full ops/fp groups, it would actually be less convenient than the status quo.

Edited by SamuraBob_Fl

You can buy the CD down to 15 minutes, and there's no reason you'd need the repair vendor/mail more often than that. You can use them everywhere you go. And it's better than putting that function on the ship droid. As it is, each op member can use their droids on demand. Changing it to the companion would cause problems for full ops/fp groups, it would actually be less convenient than the status quo.

I wasnt actually speaking of changing it. You still have access to the prior droids you unlocked if you wish. This just adds more function to your ship droid.