Republic Trooper / Hardened Plastifold gear?

Blackavaar

Why do these two gear sets look exactly alike? What is the point of that? Why doesn't the Republic Trooper schematic gear look like the Republic Trooper gear we get at low levels instead?

It just seems pointless to have two crafted gear sets where the only thing that is different is the level you have to be to use them. Please fix the Republic Trooper gear so that it looks like the Republic Trooper gear found at the Heavy Armor vendor on Ord Mantell. This change should be retroactive so that anyone who has already learned the schematic should be able to make the new version and anyone wearing the old version can be updated.

Thank you. :cool:

Makes no sense, no.

Heck, I think that they chose some odd patterns for the BH side of things, too.

The vagabond and hydraulic press sets are very, very close to each other, and the neutral lacquerous mesh set follows that same pattern.

That is three sets that are all going to the same place.

If you do not like that look, then you will like none of those sets. The lacquerous mesh set is a little different in terms of colors, and has a different helmet, so maybe you can use the helmet somewhere else or mix the pants with other stuff, but as a whole, three sets that all have the same style.

If they are going to copy styles, at least make them with very different colors, and copy each style only a single time.

Don't make three variations on a theme when there are multiple sets that are standing alone. Why not eliminate one of those and do a variation of the mercenary, tempered laminoid, or chanlon set?

For the troopers, there are some color schemes/patterns available on dropped gear that can't be matched by orange crafted gear.

I would get rid of the current Republic trooper model, move commando into that slot, then move outcast into the commando slot. I would then replace the outcast armor with a new look using a pattern not currently found on any orange crafted gear.

... I would get rid of the current Republic trooper model, move commando into that slot, then move outcast into the commando slot. I would then replace the outcast armor with a new look using a pattern not currently found on any orange crafted gear.

I would prefer they made the Republic Trooper set look like the Republic Trooper set that Commander Hawkins and his men wear in Esseles, which is exactly the same green quality outfit you get from Trooper missions and can buy from the Heavy Armor vendor (where it's labeled the Garrick Trooper uniform) on Ord Mantell. It's very nice looking set, but as it is green it is not viable past level 10.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

So any ideas where we take it from here? Ill add my name to the list of people that would like to see this changed.

We could all post a /bug about it in-game as well. The more reports they get, the more likely it will get fixed sooner rather than later. I /bugged it. How about you?

Edited by Blackavaar

These are obviously coding errors, very sloppy and irritating coding errors.

For instance, the rugged smuggling armor you get while leveling looks fantastic, but the moddable 'Rugged Smuggling" set you get later, looks completely different and very plain.

These are obviously coding errors, very sloppy and irritating coding errors.

For instance, the rugged smuggling armor you get while leveling looks fantastic, but the moddable 'Rugged Smuggling" set you get later, looks completely different and very plain.

Well, in the case of the Rugged Smuggling gear, I think that they purposely went with the Spice gear you get for heroics and the blue chest piece you get from the Ord Mantell commendations vendor. A lot of people do like the way that set looks. They did the same thing with the Aspiring Knight's gear.

Not that the actual Rugged Smuggling gear doesn't deserve to be represented in crafting as well. It would be nice.