Grade 6 samples need to be redone!

Sonaria

Alright, I'm having issues with grade 6 samples. I keep needing Mutagenic Paste (grade 6 sample), but when I send out by companions they like to bring back Neurochemical Extract. So why is it that level 48 and 50 stims need mutagenic paste, when companions don't like to come back with them. I literally have 400+ Neurochemical Extracts sitting in my bank, and I can't keep up using them because I don't have enough Mutagenic paste to make more stims.

Also, why is it that bioanalysis is the only gathering skill that has 2 types of samples?? I have archaeology on another toon, and there is only 1 grade 6 artifact fragment, and 1 grade 6 power crystal. Same for scavenging- 1 grade 6 metal, and 1 grade 6 compound.

Can't we just have 1 grade 6 sample, and 1 grade 6 compound?? That would make a lot more sense to me.

As a side note, I think these were redone recently... but they made it worse. I *think* the level 48 stims used to require grade 5 mats, and now they require grade 6 instead.

Make more implants? Or sell your extract to those that do? I tend to concentrate almost entirely on the implants, and IIRC am constantly in need of extract, and have an overabundance of paste. (I'm assuming the extract is the vial, and paste is the green blob)

edit: and to be fair, biochem has 3 of each at most levels, but only 2 at grade 6, whereas the other two have 1 or 2 of each at every level, and only 1 at 6. So if the trend is 1 less at 6, then biochem is consistent with all the others, it just has 1 or so extra one all along.

Edited by GnatB

Sadly, everything that I can craft you need both Neurochemical Extract and Mutagenic Paste. And almost always, you need more Mutagenic Paste. And yes- the Mut. Paste is the green blob, the Neuro. Extract is the vial.

ex. purple level 49 implant needs 4 Mut. Paste, 2 Neuro. Extract + other mats. don't have level 50 implants, so those mats might be different.

or level 50 Exotech might stim needs 10 Mut. Paste, 8 Immunity cell culture (grade 6 compound) + other mats, but no Neuro. Extract is needed.

or level 48 prototype ultimate medpacks you need 4 Mut. Paste, 4 Immunity cell culture + other mats

In theory I could make some adrenals, that only require Neuro. Extract and Immunity Cell Culture. But since they've been removed from pvp, the price of adrenals on the GTN is pretty low/not enough trouble to make them for what they're worth.

So this is why I have an overabundance of Neuro. Extract, and not enough Mutagenic Paste. I just checked our GTN to made sure I had the correct numbers... in theory I could sell my extra stacks of Neuro. Extract but a stack of 99 is going for 75k or less. Whereas the Mutagenic Paste is going for 150k+ for a stack of 99. This is on The Ebon Hawk server.

Oh well, maybe I'm the only one who has issues with Mutagenic Paste. /sigh

Edited by Sonaria

I agree, I make implants & consumables & while I have extract coming out of my ears lots of the compounds I am always out of paste.

Balance of items gained from crew skills vs what is used up in crafts is far out of balance.

Other crafts have similar problems but this craft has it worst at the moment.

ex. purple level 49 implant needs 4 Mut. Paste, 2 Neuro. Extract + other mats. don't have level 50 implants, so those mats might be different.

I'm not at the computer to check, but I'm fairly sure most of the purple lvl 49 implants I make to sell use more Neuro. Extract than Mut. paste. (or at least, i'd assume so, as I typically have excess Mut. Paste to dump on the GTN).

'Course, IIRC the schematics did change slightly with 1.3 (I believe) as the lvl 45 implants used to use some of the grade 6 mats, (Neuro-extract and the non red-goo compound, I believe) and I don't think they do anymore, which could be where I was using up the Neuro-extract.

I'm not at the computer to check, but I'm fairly sure most of the purple lvl 49 implants I make to sell use more Neuro. Extract than Mut. paste. (or at least, i'd assume so, as I typically have excess Mut. Paste to dump on the GTN)..

lol can you be on my server? I'd gladly take your extra mutagenic paste.. and you must be making different implants, the ones I've learned require more Mut. Paste and less Neuro. Extract.

going off the memory, the tanking implants/stims/adrenals tend to use a different mix of materials than the dps/heal ones. But there are more variety of dps/heal items and they tend to be in higher demand. I feel for you OP as I usually have that same issue once I start in on crafting anything.

If you look over the materials you get from salvaging or artificing, levels 1-3 & 5 have 4 different materials for those level. Levels 4 & 6 have 2 materials each. Bioanalysis has at least 4 on every level and I know it has 5 on level 3.

A bit of balance and repurposing would go a long way in my book.

lol can you be on my server? I'd gladly take your extra mutagenic paste.. and you must be making different implants, the ones I've learned require more Mut. Paste and less Neuro. Extract.

LOL, visit my shops on Harbinger. We offer a full supply of paste and have it coming out of our ears.