Still no ETA on Server Transfers?

foxxycandy

It's been a good while now, since the merges, and the servers have all calmed down in population and hype.

Are transfers being held back for a reason? Perhaps the changes to currencies and such with patch 5.6?

A lot of people are getting very antsy about this.

Edit: Eric has announced, in this thread, that the current ETA is for them to be turned back on with update 5.6 onNov 28th.

Edited by foxxycandy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oblviously, several players want transfers back. As some have said, it will probably be 1000cc. I agree since name changes are 1000cc. However, why are they delaying the transfers?

Well, what I wonder is did they shoot themselves in the foot? Did getting rid of the west coast data center cause a little hiccup in transfers returning? So they saved money and lost a few APAC players, yet now they don't want to bring the transfers back because they're afraid many players will jump off SS? It does seem strange. So seriously, 6 months? Ha! Just seems there's one bad decision after another.

I see no reason to bring transfers back at all, with people wanting to jump from one server to another because it's the

"unofficial" PvP or PvE or RP server, etc., it's all nonsense. There are 2 servers left... all we are doing is causing a population imbalance and creating de facto standard servers for certain activities that didn't need to be there in the first place, given there is a healthy population of all activities on both servers as it stands now. If they bring it back I hope they keep some kind of population controls in places.

I am safely in my bunker now since I know this will not be a very popular position to take. :cool:

What matters is that a large percentage of the community wants them turned on, whether or not others have opinions or not. It's been a while now and we would like an ETA finally. The window for "shortly after merges" has well passed, as it's been what? Two or three weeks since it? The servers are plentiful more calm.

If they need to hold it until 5.6, I understand, due to the many currency changes and whatnot that we are going to see. But then tell us that so we know WHY.

I see no reason to bring transfers back at all, with people wanting to jump from one server to another because it's the

"unofficial" PvP or PvE or RP server, etc., it's all nonsense. There are 2 servers left... all we are doing is causing a population imbalance and creating de facto standard servers for certain activities that didn't need to be there in the first place, given there is a healthy population of all activities on both servers as it stands now. If they bring it back I hope they keep some kind of population controls in places.

I am safely in my bunker now since I know this will not be a very popular position to take. :cool:

Problem is - if I decide to go to another server because a friend as her chars there, I need to restart my legacy and all that came with it. If they made it so, that with making a char there I'd have my entire legacy active (strongholds, perks, unlocks, legacy level, you name it) then I'd happily live without the transfers. So I need to transfer a char, to get my legacy over there.

Problem is - if I decide to go to another server because a friend as her chars there, I need to restart my legacy and all that came with it. If they made it so, that with making a char there I'd have my entire legacy active (strongholds, perks, unlocks, legacy level, you name it) then I'd happily live without the transfers. So I need to transfer a char, to get my legacy over there.

Did you not have any legacies on other servers but the one you are on now? If you did, then if they merged with said server, you have a legacy over there.

Even if you removed your character from servers before merges, you still had the legacy there. Strange, but I discovered that a LONG time ago. For some reason the legacy stays even if you don't. lol

Hey folks,

My goal right now is to have a post out tomorrow with information on timing and pricing updates.

-eric

He's going to say they plan on it for mid December, then something's going to go whacko with the update on the 28th and cause them to delay it until mid-late January because they cbb to fix stuff over the holidays. They'll be too into their eggnog. :p

Hey folks,

My goal right now is to have a post out tomorrow with information on timing and pricing updates.

-eric

Please, dont gouge us on this, at least give us a week at old prices or very low to make a few adjustments.

consider it the anti loot box compensation for other recent mistakes

He's going to say they plan on it for mid December, then something's going to go whacko with the update on the 28th and cause them to delay it until mid-late January because they cbb to fix stuff over the holidays. They'll be too into their eggnog. :p

OMG no don't!!!

You're gonna jynx it Q_Q

Edited by foxxycandy

Hey folks,

-eric

Eric, please say you guys will offer us a one-day set of free transfers for those of us who are stuck on server or region that is seriously affecting our gameplay and have an entire legacy of toons to move.

This is seriously the only thing that has been stopping me from continuously playing and subscribing to swtor - as I can't play competitively with such high pings, and it's too much to transfer my toons effectively meaning I'm stuck - believe it or not, this is why I don't subscribe much to the game and don't play it much - and it's something you guys can easily help us with. You never gave cross region server discount transfers or did a like a one-day special.

With Black Friday coming up, guys please sort something out.

Great, now I'm triggered. [heads to store for eggnog]

Hey folks,

-eric

BioWare Dev #1: Well, the planning for the server merge is complete. But I have this nagging feeling that we've forgotten something.

BioWare Dev #2: Yes, me too. Wonder what it could be. Hope it's not something important.

BioWare Dev #1: No worries. If it's important then the players will let us know about it.

BioWare Dev #2: Yeah, that's how we handle everything else since we cut back the QA staff and reduced our testing regimen to only do some of the changes in a patch. Players do indeed make great testers. Look at how they caught the fact that the Makeb weekly doesn't give increased CXP? We never tested it and wouldn't have known unless they told us.

Edited by ChadCloman

BioWare Dev #1: Well, the planning for the server merge is complete. But I have this nagging feeling that we've forgotten something.

BioWare Dev #2: Yes, me too. Wonder what it could be. Hope it's not something important.

BioWare Dev #1: No worries. If it's important then the players will let us know about it.

BioWare Dev #2: Yeah, that's how we handle everything else since we cut back the QA staff and reduced our testing regimen to only do some of the changes in a patch. Players do indeed make great testers—we should have done this ages ago.

Not having transfer up immediately following a server merge is actually a really good idea. It gives plenty of time to make sure the new servers are running correctly, and makes sire that when transfers are available, that's what they can focus on

Not having transfer up immediately following a server merge is actually a really good idea. It gives plenty of time to make sure the new servers are running correctly, and makes sire that when transfers are available, that's what they can focus on

Sure. And if it was an intentional decision to delay, then they would have said something immediately after the merge, along the lines of "Server transfers will be restored on the following date: MM/DD/YYYY", or even "We are going to wait a bit before re-enabling server transfers, to ensure there are no lingering issues with the merge". Instead, they had to be reminded and the response was along the lines of "Oh, right. Let me get back to you on that."

I believe they simply forgot about it.

Edited by ChadCloman

Sure. And if it was an intentional decision to delay, then they would have said something immediately after the merge, along the lines of "Server transfers will be restored on the following date: MM/DD/YYYY", or even "We are going to wait a bit before re-enabling server transfers, to ensure there are no lingering issues with the merge". Instead, they had to be reminded and the response was along the lines of "Oh, right. Let me get back to you on that."

I believe they simply forgot about it.

That's laughable. They already know when they plan on reinstating it. They're just not telling Eric ahead of time (or they're telling him not to say at this time). People get impatient and start posting threads, basically pestering the devs. Then Eric will have to go pester the devs for them. And when he does give out the information everyone will be all "Thank you, Eric! You da man!" and he'll be a hero for 15 minutes. Or if it's bad news (that it's going to be delayed for 'tweaks') he'll be the one to catch hell about it.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

• Dev Post

Alright folks, here are the updates as I mentioned yesterday!

• Timing: We are in the final stages of testing and assuming that all goes well, we are going to bring transfers back online on Tuesday with Game Update 5.6.
  • Pricing: By popular request, we are going to bring transfers back at the pre-United Forces pricing (90 // 150CC) for a limited time. After that time they will go up to their new standard pricing of 1,000CC.

I will let you all know on Monday if we are still on track for transfers to go live again on Tuesday and the exact timing for the sale pricing.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Alright folks, here are the updates as I mentioned yesterday!

• Timing: We are in the final stages of testing and assuming that all goes well, we are going to bring transfers back online on Tuesday with Game Update 5.6.
  • Pricing: By popular request, we are going to bring transfers back at the pre-United Forces pricing (90 // 150CC) for a limited time. After that time they will go up to their new standard pricing of 1,000CC.

I will let you all know on Monday if we are still on track for transfers to go live again on Tuesday and the exact timing for the sale pricing.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

I'm going to faint. Thank you so much Eric. *faints*