Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vengeance/Vigilance Simple PVE Guide 5.10 (COMPLETELY REVISED) By Azray'ell

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Vengeance/Vigilance Simple PVE Guide 5.10 (COMPLETELY REVISED) By Azray'ell

Assassinarian
07.27.2019 , 02:11 AM | #1
DISCLAIMER: This is just a simple breakdown of stats, a rotation, utility suggestions, and some general tips that I think are helpful; they are only suggestions, and in NO WAY something I'm forcing you to do!
Phew, with the disclaimer out of the way let's get to it!

NOTE: Please ignore my damn username it's dumb. Just call me Azray'ell.
SECOND NOTE: Of course, it's hard to read this guide on the forum, for that reason, there's a PDF of the rotations and stats on the way! However I still recommend you read the guide here for an in-detail explanation.

STATS:
Spoiler

VENGEANCE SECTION:

Rotation:
Spoiler

Utility Build:
Spoiler

VIGILANCE SECTION:

Rotation:
Spoiler

Utility Build:
Spoiler

CLOSING REMARKS:
Spoiler
<Nightmare Squad> Darth Malgus - Darth Azray'ell
"When all the options are wrong, what does it matter which one I choose?"

"My Referral Link, You Get Free Goodies"

ChoppedSuey
07.30.2019 , 10:55 AM | #2
Just a question, not a critique per say. Doesn't Plasma Brand reset the cool down on Blade Barrage? (It's been a long time since I looked at the utilities, so maybe I'm just spec'd for that). If that is the case, would it be better to open with Blade Barrage since it will be available again as soon as you use Plasma Brand? Or at least anytime before you use the first Plasma Brand.
chopped suˇey

Equeliber
08.05.2019 , 12:24 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ChoppedSuey View Post
Just a question, not a critique per say. Doesn't Plasma Brand reset the cool down on Blade Barrage? (It's been a long time since I looked at the utilities, so maybe I'm just spec'd for that). If that is the case, would it be better to open with Blade Barrage since it will be available again as soon as you use Plasma Brand? Or at least anytime before you use the first Plasma Brand.
It is not worth it, Blade Barrage is just a low priority filler. If in a real fight for whatever reason you don't get to use it at all before the next Plasma Brand, it's ok.

Equeliber
08.05.2019 , 12:25 AM | #4
Rotation seems correct. Personally, I don't llike calling those skills fillers... But overall, it's a decent way to organize it.

RACATW
08.05.2019 , 04:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
It is not worth it, Blade Barrage is just a low priority filler. If in a real fight for whatever reason you don't get to use it at all before the next Plasma Brand, it's ok.
I'm not going to comment on a PVE rotation aside from saying I agree. Blade barrage was heavily nerfed into a filler attack at best.

It's not worth using it to reset anymore, BD & ravage used to be a much harder hitting attack before damage was split off into hew for vigilance / vengeance & gore for carnage marauders / combat sentinels.