I dont do FlashPoints

They look awesome, and im sure they're lots of fun. But you know what's NOT fun? Having to sit in the Imperial Fleet spamming for a group. I can't even spam while im questing.

Solution? LFG and/or Dual Specs.

Why isnt this in the game??

/rage!!!!!!!!! !! !

I've had no trouble finding groups for Flashpoints. None at all. While I'm sure some people have, if you're suggesting a WoW-like dungeon finder, I suppose you're the casualty that gets to take one for the team so we don't need that kind of monstrosity.

Yes it's almost to the point for me too. I get home from work and I just don't have the time to stand around and spam a lfg message and wait for a response that has a good chance of never coming. So I'm starting to face that either I just quit, or I continue on and miss experiencing very large parts of the story and game play. Edited by Umbral

I've had no trouble finding groups for Flashpoints. None at all. While I'm sure some people have, if you're suggesting a WoW-like dungeon finder, I suppose you're the casualty that gets to take one for the team so we don't need that kind of monstrosity.

Well said.

While I wouldn't mind seeing some improvements to the current LFG system, and I would personally love to see dual specs -- or at least reduced cost for respeccing, I have to say that I haven't had any trouble finding groups. I am not in a guild, and I don't even spam in General.

What's my secret, you ask? It must be magic. Try some magic, and if that doesn't work for you, try to figure out how to talk to people one-on-one. It can be tricky....even a little scary.....but it's worth it in the long run, and it doesn't even hurt. Not usually.

Edited by belialle

There is no reason for dual-spec nor is there a reason for a LFG easy button tool. I do agree on putting in a LFG channel that goes cross-galaxy and can be turned on-off at will, but no easy button that warps you straight to your flashpoint as this will straight up destroy all the hard work that went into this game.

As for the dual-spec, seeing as it is your advanced class that determines what you can do for groups and not your talent tree decision, it is not needed. I am a Jedi Sage (level 35) specced in the Balance tree and have had zero problems healing for flashpoints. I was also previously specced in the Seer tree and had no trouble doing DPS for flashpoints. You are also fully able to do PvP in the same spec you do PvE things.

Edited by Kemosobe

They look awesome, and im sure they're lots of fun. But you know what's NOT fun? Having to sit in the Imperial Fleet spamming for a group. I can't even spam while im questing.

/rage!!!!!!!!! !! !

I never do FPs unless one of the few people on my friend's list asks me too. I do not sit on the fleet for hours and hours spamming for a group.

/rage!!!!!!!!! !! !

try it in the repubilic fleet....if you get a group before the monthly sub runs out let me know :)

I've had some good success just looking for a group for flashpoints on level appropriate planets while questing... there are generally enough like-minded people in the same boat as you to get a group going. Worse comes to worse, you outlevel it a little and use a companion to fill a 4th slot (except for collocoid hive, that instance might actually require 4 people(

I have lots of friends that play, and I have never had to wait more than 5-10 seconds to get a group for a flashpoint.

Bioware, please do not add an LFG tool. I do not want to see everyone running around with the same gear I have.

The problems with FPs right now, is that they are poorly implemented to the storyline flow. When a FPs become available at our current level, we should get a quest (or something) to inform us of that situation.

Problem solved.

There is no reason for dual-spec nor is there a reason for a LFG easy button tool. I do agree on putting in a LFG channel that goes cross-galaxy and can be turned on-off at will, but no easy button that warps you straight to your flashpoint as this will straight up destroy all the hard work that went into this game.

As for the dual-spec, seeing as it is your advanced class that determines what you can do for groups and not your talent tree decision, it is not needed. I am a Jedi Sage (level 35) specced in the Balance tree and have had zero problems healing for flashpoints. I was also previously specced in the Seer tree and had no trouble doing DPS for flashpoints. You are also fully able to do PvP in the same spec you do PvE things.

Lmao. You must really hate Quicktravel then.

Wow.. How imature are you? WoW is a great game, with great mechanics. The LFG system in WoW works.. It almost always has. Cross server instances is a great idea for quicker instances. You'll say (I had to wait 20 mins as a dps.. How is that good?) Doesn't mean you still can't spam in general for your group. That's your own fault..

You only flame WoW because you've moved on to a different game, so now all of a sudden WoW is terrible. But to tell you the truth, it isn't. It's been around for 7 years with 15 million subscribers. It's taken aspects of every other game out there and adapted it into their own. Their doing something right. You only ***** and complain about it because you've moved on, and everyone else is ************ and complaining about it. WoW is doing things right, and it wouldn't be the end of the world if SOME aspects of WoW made their way into this game.. Having a LFG system doesn't by any means make SWtor like WoW. It just means that they took one good working aspect of the game and adopted it as their own.

I for one agree with the OP. I don't nessessarily think we need a dual spec though. I think maybe for a charge (quite a large one) we should have the option to change our advanced class (and have it open up around L20-30 after we've experienced the one, and then we can decide if we actually like it or not) But not a dual spec. But we do need some sort of a LFG system. Some nights are bad, and others are great. Some nights I post once, or jump into the fleet, and bam, group made. Some nights I'm there for 30 mins with no responses. It doesn't mean that everyone has to use it, but it would be helpful for those nights that nobody seems to be doing it, or in the area you're asking at the time you're asking.

Edited by Saimeren

You are the reason for DPS meters

Lmao. You must really hate Quicktravel then.

Quick Travel does not take you to the exact location you need to go no matter where in the galaxy. It takes you back to a point only on the planet you are already on.

You are the reason for DPS meters

If you want to keep believing that your talent tree decision means EVERYTHING for what you can do, by all means, go ahead. I will still know that a player's skill and advanced class decision is what really matters.

Edited by Kemosobe

How does this destroy the hard work that went into the game? Simply dont get how something that helps group players would destroy it... Does not make sense... Queue for flashpoint, find group, do flashpoint then back in the world questing where you left off....

I dont see why people think dual spec = AC change. As an Assassin I can spec for DPS or Tank without changing my AC. This is why I want dual spec. I Prefer to quest/pvp as dps and I want to run Flashpoints as tank.. but im not gonna waste a **** ton of credits respeccing EVERY time (and re-doing all my bars/keybindings.. are you serious?)

LFG Doesnt even have to teleport you to the instance, just get the damn group together so I can continue questing while looking for a group. I spent an hour spamming general looking for a tank for Boarding Party.. then our healer decided to call it quits and the group fell apart.

Edited by Razzax

I love this argument!

1. I personally find it easy to find groups

2. ?????????

3. Everyone else should find it easy too.

Seriously, BW if you're reading this. Please don't listen to these people. A lot of people are haivng a hard time finding groups with this current system. If you want to have more people experiencing the content you worked so hard to produce, listen to people when they say the process of finding a group is frustrating!!!

There is no reason for dual-spec

Yes there is, I get to level 23 and decide this advanced class stinks I want to use the other but the only way I can is to re-roll? Ick, I don't want to go through the same quests again (which is why I haven't rolled another toon past 15)

Yes there is, I get to level 23 and decide this advanced class stinks I want to use the other but the only way I can is to re-roll? Ick, I don't want to go through the same quests again (which is why I haven't rolled another toon past 15)

Tough luck, I dont agree in dual specs for advanced classes.. thats just silly. Think of it this way; Could you change CLASS in any other MMO? Change my Warrior to a Paladin in WoW? no.

Dual specs for the Class you picked - Yes please.

Instead using spams like

LFG and LFM simple messages..

T

ry adding a more personality to your message by just asking

Is there any group or anyone willing to join for XXXX

Usually i just have to do this once and group usually is formed within few minutes :)

Also using /say on people standing in front of Entrance to Heroic mission or Flashpoint usually gives results.

Proper communication is the way to success.

As an end note dual spec has nothing real to do with finding groups or able to do missions. In this game you are able to do missions in any spec and you ccan also find groups while being DPS. Its those dungeon finders where dps have to wait for longer than 10 min and sometimes even hours.

I'm pretty sure 90% of the players of this game don't do flashpoints for that exact reason. Bioware is essentially forcing a lot of players to miss a lot of content by bowing down to the vocal minority and refusing to add any sort of LFD tool.

We can't all spend our entire lives on the internet and get a consistent group of 10 internet friends to play with. A lot of us have real life friends that take precedence, as well as a job.

Edited by kingsab