Legacy Names no longer unique

mrpayday

"Legacy names are no longer unique. New Legacies that are created are now able to use a name that is already in use on the server. All players will be able to rename their Legacies once, at no cost, in a future update."

That should make someone happy.

The new character select screen seems to suggest more slots coming too.

Edited by mrpayday

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes zero sense to me.

Transfers are already done (or at least close enough to it). If anyone has a legacy name conflict, it's already been resolved one way or another.

By having a unique legacy name, people can recognize my toons. I even thought that, some day, we might be able to friend/message legacies... so if I whisper a certain legacy, whatever toon is logged on from that legacy would see it. From a social point of view, that would make a TON of sense.

I really wish BIoware would come in here and explain the logic behind this move.

Edited by heechJunzi

Transfers are already done (or at least close enough to it). If anyone has a legacy name conflict, it's already been resolved one way or another.

By having a unique legacy name, people can recognize my toons. I even thought that, some day, we might be able to friend/message legacies... so if I whisper a certain legacy, whatever toon is logged on from that legacy would see it. From a social point of view, that would make a TON of sense.

I really wish BIoware would come in here and explain the logic behind this move.

Since BW went this route, the next step would be to implement a "real ID" like battlenet. Add SWTOR "real ID" friends and can send msgs that way. *shrug*

its a good idea and I believe it was because of forced transfers

It was NOT a good idea. It was a very BAD idea. My Legacy names ties all my characters together, no matter what character I am on, people know that it is me...

Now any Tom, Dick or Harry can use my Legacy name, act like a total fool and really hurt my reputation.

We have asked many times for first names to be unlocked for all players, and lock down legacy names

Why in the hell did Bioware do just the opposite!?!?

That was the most retarded thing Bioware has done to date. I stand by that.

I and a lot of other people were hoping for the same thing. It made perfect sense until today.

The obvious answer is there is none. This is a major part of Legacy, and they changed it without warning or soliciting feedback.

Very bad move! What are they thinking?

I agree with many posters out there. Making legacy name non unique anymore is going to cause a lot of issues with mistaken identities.

What's the purpose of legacy at this point? They should just allow each char to have their own surname. Would make more sense.

I and a lot of other people were hoping for the same thing. It made perfect sense until today.

The obvious answer is there is none. This is a major part of Legacy, and they changed it without warning or soliciting feedback.

That's because they obviously, and this move PROVES it....don't give a flying rat's ars what we think as a community. It feels like a power move if you ask me. It feels like they are trying to say, "It's our game and we will do whatever the hell we feel like. If you don't like it, then scram!"

This is how it feels to me.

This is a terrible idea, i would hate someone to copy my legacy name because that is a point of uniqueness on that server, everyone knows that a certain legacy belongs to a certain person, making them no longer unique just defeats the entire point of having them. I don't like this change at all.

I swear some days it seems like bioware is trying to spike this game into the ground. It seems like in this instance they may have once again gone for a quick band-aid instead of truly fixing a problem. I used legacy names to keep track of folks in the game. If some jerk pulled in while i was fighting to clear a path and he stole my treasure i could watch for that legacy now that's all messed up. i agree with the folks that say we should have unlocked first names and locked legacy ......... it makes sense

I swear some days it seems like bioware is trying to spike this game into the ground. It seems like in this instance they may have once again gone for a quick band-aid instead of truly fixing a problem. I used legacy names to keep track of folks in the game. If some jerk pulled in while i was fighting to clear a path and he stole my treasure i could watch for that legacy now that's all messed up. i agree with the folks that say we should have unlocked first names and locked legacy ......... it makes sense

It was what people had been asking for since Legacy was created. So instead of doing what the masses asked for...they did just the opposite...W...T...F.

Edited by Wraiven