5 hours of one class and I need another

BindoDidIt

I, like many others out there, cannot play one class all day every day each day of the week. I NEED VARIETY. Recently, I have been playing my Jedi Knight. I just finished Act 2 but would like to start another class with the same epic feeling. I have played a Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent, Sith Inquisitor, and Trooper all the way into Act 1 but none have the epic story that captivated me like my Knight. Are any of the other classes that I haven't tried that captivate like the Jedi Knight?

NO SPOILERS! DON'T EVEN /SPOILER THEM, I AM WEAK AND WILL CLICK ON THEM!

Updated: Post #54

Edited by BindoDidIt
Updated

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, like many others out there, cannot play one class all day every day each day of the week. I NEED VARIETY. Recently, I have been playing my Jedi Knight. I just finished Act 2 but would like to start another class with the same epic feeling. I have played a Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent, Sith Inquisitor, and Trooper all the way into Act 1 but none have the epic story that captivated me like my Knight. Are any of the other classes that I haven't tried that captivate like the Jedi Knight?

Knight - 41

Trooper - 22

Inquisitor - 21

Agent - 18

Bounty Hunter - 18

After asking in my Empire and Republic guilds and in Fleet, the most popular recommendation was for Agent then Inquisitor. I was also told Warrior and Consular and Trooper had good stories, but there was not much disagreement that Smuggler intrigue diminishes quickly once you get your ship.

Well, if you want whiz-bang story from the get-go, the agent is full of twists and turns.

Mm.. consular. God, I *love* the game play - but the story starts kinda weak, though it gets better.

Smuggler is highly enjoyable, but the number of times this world-weary struggler lets himself get ambushed is disgraceful.

Trooper story is okay, but it's a bit constrained by the military feel - it honestly feels bad to try and be a bad boy rule breaker in that role.

Inquisitor story, at least as far as I've done it, captures the whole 'dark sorcery' vibe pretty well.

The others I haven't gotten far into, yet :)

No, the knight has the most 'epic' storyline, as it's basically KOTOR3. You should probably keep playing it if that is what you enjoy.

+1, I will keep playing him as my main. I just want to break it up some.

Thank you everyone for your help, I will probably start playing my Agent after I get to 50 on my Knight.

Any recommendations about the Sith Warrior?

Agent > Warrior=Knight >> Bounty Hunter >>>>> Inquisitor

My 2 cents; haven't played the other 3 far enough to judge. Warrior and agent are both great choices as far as the story goes, but warrior gameplay, even if you don't pick your mirror AC, will be very similiar to your knight, so agent is my recommendation.

Agent > Warrior=Knight >> Bounty Hunter >>>>> Inquisitor

My 2 cents; haven't played the other 3 far enough to judge. Warrior and agent are both great choices as far as the story goes, but warrior gameplay, even if you don't pick your mirror AC, will be very similiar to your knight, so agent is my recommendation.

I see you have a fair number of level 50s, including a Warrior. In comparision to the Knight, how is the story? The Knight is the ultimate defender and hero of the Republic. Is the Warrior the opposite of that? A war monger that is waiting for the perfect chance to dismantle the Republic and herald a new age of Sith domination?

Yeah, the Knight's story is pretty much what KotOR 3 would have been. It's the most traditional and epic "save the galaxy" type of story...which to me makes it a bit dull because it doesn't really bring anything new to the table, but it's decent.

The rest of the stories are really just a matter of what you're looking for. I personally think the IA is the best, but there are several who would disagree. The Consular is alright, but it's a slower-paced story more about building alliances than saving the galaxy. The SW story is pretty good, but I thought the SI story was dull until Act 3. The Smuggler and BH stories are enjoyable, but they're much more character-dependent than the others. You're basically looking out for your character rather than saving others, but they have some of the best companions and dialog so to me they're worth playing. And the Trooper is probably the best look at the regular, day-to-day operations of the Republic.

Yeah, the Knight's story is pretty much what KotOR 3 would have been. It's the most traditional and epic "save the galaxy" type of story...which to me makes it a bit dull because it doesn't really bring anything new to the table, but it's decent.

The rest of the stories are really just a matter of what you're looking for. I personally think the IA is the best, but there are several who would disagree. The Consular is alright, but it's a slower-paced story more about building alliances than saving the galaxy. The SW story is pretty good, but I thought the SI story was dull until Act 3. The Smuggler and BH stories are enjoyable, but they're much more character-dependent than the others. You're basically looking out for your character rather than saving others, but they have some of the best companions and dialog so to me they're worth playing. And the Trooper is probably the best look at the regular, day-to-day operations of the Republic.

Thank you very much. Before I start my Agent I would just like one person to give a decent response about the Warrior.

I've played every class to Act 1 or beyond except the IA, SI, and Trooper. Of those stories, the Sith Warrior was the most epic (finished Act 1 in beta), followed closely by the Jedi Knight (finished the entire storyline). The Bounty Hunter had a good Act 1, slow Act 2, and good ending for Act 3, but otherwise it was just above average. Smuggler Act 1 had a good pay off but it was still very slow and despite wanting to make this class my Pub main I haven't been enticed to go start its Act 2 storyline yet.

If you really want to have fun with the SW story, though, I suggest you go Light Side. I can't give spoilers out of principle but also because you don't want to hear them, but trust me that you will be pooping bricks because you chose to be a Light Sided as opposed to Dark Sided Sith Warrior; it is THAT good.

Without spoiling it, since someone did mention how the JK is your "KotOR 1" story all over again (it is basically the same exact story even written by the same exact person, thanks for the epic stories Drew!), I can say that the SW story is sort of like the evil version of the same thing. However, it's more than that; there's a lot of soul searching to see where you fit in and the need to prove yourself to the galaxy whereas with the JK it's an understood that you are "Master Jedi," the wise sage who can do no wrong.

With the JK, the missions between planets and Acts focus on stopping Dark-Sided individuals, period. With the SW, interplanetary missions focus on your own morality, what you are bringing to this universe, and so the LS and DS decisions differ much more greatly and have a more profound effect on your entire storyline.

Edited by Mapex

Thank you very much. Before I start my Agent I would just like one person to give a decent response about the Warrior.

If you mean 'positive' response by decent, I found it more enjoyable than the inquisitor and bounty hunter, but less so than the agent. With the exception of the knight, in general all the sith stories are better than the republic ones (IMO).

I've played every class to Act 1 or beyond except the IA, SI, and Trooper. Of those stories, the Sith Warrior was the most epic (finished Act 1 in beta), followed closely by the Jedi Knight (finished the entire storyline). The Bounty Hunter had a good Act 1, slow Act 2, and good ending for Act 3, but otherwise it was just above average. Smuggler Act 1 had a good pay off but it was still very slow and despite wanting to make this class my Pub main I haven't been enticed to go start its Act 2 storyline yet.

If you really want to have fun with the SW story, though, I suggest you go Light Side. I can't give spoilers out of principle but also because you don't want to hear them, but trust me that you will be pooping bricks because you chose to be a Light Sided as opposed to Dark Sided Sith Warrior; it is THAT good.

Without spoiling it, since someone did mention how the JK is your "KotOR 1" story all over again (it is basically the same exact story even written by the same exact person, thanks for the epic stories Drew!), I can say that the SW story is sort of like the evil version of the same thing. However, it's more than that; there's a lot of soul searching to see where you fit in and the need to prove yourself to the galaxy whereas with the JK it's an understood that you are "Master Jedi," the wise sage who can do no wrong.

With the JK, the missions between planets and Acts focus on stopping Dark-Sided individuals, period. With the SW, interplanetary missions focus on your own morality, what you are bringing to this universe, and so the LS and DS decisions differ much more greatly and have a more profound effect on your entire storyline.

Thank you very much. I carefully choose, or try, what I say. I'm not mindless like some people that go straight dark or light. I will definitely try out a Warrior.

Another vote for Sith Warrior. I haven't finished the storyline yet, but your LS/DS decisions seem to make the most difference, and you have a pretty good set of companions. Vette is a great character foil, and I haven't wanted to strangle her like Mako. You know, after Mako shouts "You're going to get it now!" in her 13-year old voice every 2 seconds in combat.

I liked the BH story but I wanted to kill off most of my companions except Blizz. They are all mind-bogglingly annoying and even the recruitment process for most of them are like "yeah, I don't want you in my team. I'll be watching you" yet there's no choice to kill them off, especially for Gault. Torian's been nicknamed "Bieber Fett" for his utter lack of depth, believability, and usefulness for anything other than

being kidnapped and being a pretty-boy for a female BH romance

Blizz was the only one I brought around anyway, and he kicks *** with that hidden rocket launcher, so he makes up for all the others in sheer awesomeness. Skadge is hilarious and is probably the only companion that you'll get positive affection on DS actions, but I prefer Blizz.

Consular story made me fall asleep before the finish of Act 1 but I've heard it gets better later. The male voice actor is atrocious, and you sound bipolar rather than malicious if you choose any dark side options. And I don't think they even intended for a DS Consular to exist since the only line he ever uses is "Death is a part of the Force." So you're basically a bipolar, insane, sleep-inducing broken record. Also, the facial animations are much less well-done than the BH or SW for example. So pick a Miraluka unless you want to be stuck in the Uncanny Valley for your entire storyline.

Trooper story is great, there are quite a few tough decisions where you have to juggle your own morality versus following orders and/or the "greater good" of the Republic. I don't recall any of the decisions actually making that big a difference though.

Edited by Jenzali

Agent is far and away the best story, although its less "epic" and more "OMG WAT". It doesn't really pick up till the end of chapter 1 though.... but chapter 2 is the best chapter of any class in the game, imo. Best played Grey leaning light (my opinion of coarse, and yes i have played through it three times, dark/light/grey). Starting out as a super idealistic dude, and slipping farther and farther into a hate/rage works too.

The sith war is pretty epic, in the same way a Hulk movie is epic. Many things go smash.

Consular story is awesome. Oh wait, i meant bland. While I liked playing it as a lightsider (as a jedi should be >_>), it sort of lead me to resent the jedi council by the end of chapter 1.

Trooper story is fairly epic, in a Mass Effect sort of way. The tag for it could be "Build a squad; Kill some dudes.....and then kill some more dudes."

I forgot the SI, which is a pretty ballar story. Mainly because Talos is a bro. The broest of bros. I actually miss him when I play other characters, not something I do for other companions.

Edited by Verg

I play a 50 jugg and I honestly love the story. I played as DS and i thought it went great with the story. (Heard good things for LS too tho). But Your pretty much your this new up n comer apprentice. You use whatever you can to climb the ranks, which actually let you feel like a Sith because you get to deceive people. But your guy is also super strong and people kinda treat you all nice. The way your dealings with your Masters is done pretty well. The first Ch. set a good tone for me, cuz it was pretty ******. 2-3 build up to a good ending.

I really enjoyed the Warrior story and I also heard really good things from Agent story, so I'd say give both a quick try n pick from there.

• 3 months later...

Knight > Bounty Hunter > Smuggler

Knight: FUULLLLL OFF EPICNESS AND FUN.

Bounty Hunter: I had good moments with that. If you want to feel hardcore. Also I like the last part then the knight, but other wise knight had better overall epicness.

Smuggler: Seemed unpolished.... other then that you'll laugh a couple of times playing it.

I got kinda bored of the Smuggler storyline after Chapter 2. Same with the Bounty Hunter, really.

So far, Inquisitor has been my favorite... it really had the best hooks to drive the action through all three chapters.