Taun Faun Givaway

xeparu

hey kiddies. I have two extra Taun Faun Pax East Codes. As they expire in a day, I have decided to offer them to the community here for anyone who wants them. They are NOT for sale and you really dont need to do anything to get them, just make a good arguement for why I should pick you.

Ideally, I would like them to go to someone who supports the game and is committed to playing. I will pm the codes to the two people Ive picked.

All that I ask in return aside from a compelling arguement as to why you deserve the Taun Faun, is that if in the future, you find yourself in a similar situation, that you pay it forward.

Thanks.

PS, if you see me online with my main, say Hi - Xeparu - The Bastion

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey kiddies. I have two extra Taun Faun Pax East Codes. As they expire in a day, I have decided to offer them to the community here for anyone who wants them. They are NOT for sale and you really dont need to do anything to get them, just make a good arguement for why I should pick you.

Ideally, I would like them to go to someone who supports the game and is committed to playing. I will pm the codes to the two people Ive picked.

All that I ask in return aside from a compelling arguement as to why you deserve the Taun Faun, is that if in the future, you find yourself in a similar situation, that you pay it forward.

Thanks.

First, on behalf of the community let me say "Thank You!" At first blush it seems pretty rare these days that people are still willing to be so generous, but I've been surprised by quite a few various players in the game. It is people like you who still give me hope for this game and its future!

It's always very rewarding to do something selfless for others, so kudos to you in your efforts. Let's all pay it forward regardless!

Holocron

Edited by Holocron

Greetings!

I first heard about the game in 2008, but didn't get around to registering on the forums for a few months (Jan. 2009, I believe). I was a daily visitor to the forums, which may or may not have contributed to the years of torture to wait for the release date.

When the Guild Pre-Launch Program was implemented, my guild , <Wizard>, (of which I was the GM) was created within the first day, and therefore was one of the first guilds active on Belgoth's Beacon. I was accepted into the Beta testing in August of 2011, and was a full-time tester until the servers were shut down before Early Access began.

The minute that the Collector's Edition went on pre-sale, I was mashing my F5 key repeatedly and secured my copy in the first wave. I have played on a daily basis since the first day of Early Access, and have carried a subscription from the start.

Due to server merges and players leaving over time, I find myself in a new guild, but I am still having as much fun as ever. I can say confidently that I have seen nearly all of the content within the game, and I am currently about to finish my sixth class story out of eight, with plans to complete them all.

Most recently, I have pre-ordered Rise of the Hutt Cartel the day it became available.

As one can see, I have been a huge supporter and fanatic of this game (and Star Wars, in general). I have no plans to end my subscription or stop playing, and I am looking forward to the future of the game.

I'm an avid pet collector and the Taun Fawn is the only one missing from my grand collection, need I say more? :D You can't leave a collection unfinished, you just can't! ;) His brothers have been searching for their long lost brother for almost a year now and they'd greatly appreciate him being found.

I promise to treat the sweet little Taun Faun right and feed it twice a day as well. <3 (Unless I get lazy)

If you want to know how committed I am to the game, my main has an ungodly number of hours put into it that I'm too embarrassed to share here. I bought the CE recently solely for the CE vendor because I can't get enough of vanity items. I like helping people get the secret pets from the planets as well.

Edited by SharpG

I am a diehard supporter of SWTOR and an avid pet collector. I have thought about ebaying that pet but went against it and spent that money on xmas presents. I would luv the pet but not a big deal if someone else is selected. I appreciate the giveaway on the forums, it's always good to see positive stories about swtor when I check by. Thanks for making this place abit brighter. Happy holidays and happy new year everyone

I would love to have a Taun Faun, and I too am a CE owner, have been subscribed since release, and have RotC preordered since it was announced... but I don't want it for myself actually. You see, about a month ago I finally conned my dad into joining me in the game (you know, to rule the galaxy as father and son ;) ), and he's been avidly playing SWTOR ever since. He even subscribed himself by the time his smuggler left Ord Mantell. This is probably the first game he's really taken an interest in since I was a little kid playing my original Nintendo, and needless to say it's been quite a learning curve for him. Nevertheless, he has made remarkable progress with his smuggler, to the point that we've managed to 2-man Heroic 4's and even a couple of the early flashpoints. It's probably the most time we've spent together since I moved out of my parent's house a decade ago!

My characters have plenty of pets, but he doesn't have any. He's seen my characters being chased by bats, mini-robots, and other critters including the Taun Taun ram, which he liked but alas cannot get since it was a giveaway at the launch of the legacy system. I've told him we'll be able to get him an Orokeet on Alderaan (assuming we can actually get the egg) but won't be able to hatch it until Tattooine. The Taun Faun, a much rarer pet, would certainly be a cooler starting pet for him, and better since I'm sure he'd like the Faun more.

He doesn't browse the forums as far as I know, but if you choose me, just message me and I can send you his account name so you can send the code directly to him if you'd like. Regardless of who you pick, thanks for running this awesome little contest for the community! :)

Honestly, I don't think I have a compelling argument, but I've been trying to get the Taun Fawn through the Twitter thing without much luck, and I'm a subscriber.

Maybe worth mentioning that I've spent the last week handing out Steam game keys for free on Facebook. Which is harder than it sounds, as no one seems to want Machinarium, Avadon: The Black Fortress, or Swords & Soldiers HD. BAH at people being disinterested in awesome free indie games, I say!

Oh, and my game is a pre-ordered Collector's Edition, since people seem to be mentioning that.

Edited by JediMB

I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

To catch them is my real test

To train them is my cause

I will travel across the land

Searching far and wide

Each Taun fawn to understand

The power that's inside

Taun fawn, its you and me

I know it's my destiny

Taun fawn, oh, you're my best friend

In a world we must defend

Taun fawn, a heart so true

Our courage will pull us through

You teach me and I'll teach you

Taun fawn, gotta catch 'em all

Every challenge along the way

With courage I will face

I will battle every day

To claim my rightful place

Come with me, the time is right

There's no better team

Arm in arm we'll win the fight

It's always been our dream

:) Im CE owner if that matters.

Edited by Reckser

Really nice thing you are doing with this - fair play to you!

Anyhoo - I would really like if you would select me as I am a huge fan of the game - been following it since early 2009 - ordered the CE version on the first day - got to test out the game during some of the Beta weekends - then been here since the beginning of Early Access - have been constantly subbed since then and have pre-ordered RotHC expansion - I have 7 lvl 50s and am working on my 8th - I play all classes on both sides - but my main is Gunslinger Smuggler (most fun class to play imo)!

I would really like the Taun Faun as I have most of the other pets on my main - from the events and vendors and the ones obtainable in-game - I would like to have the complete list as I love doing all Codex entries and completing all quests etc.

So thanks again for this and if I don't get chosen I just hope whoever gets them is as big a fan as me of the game!

I don't really have any argument asides from being a vehicle and pet hoarder. So with that my collection of vanity pets would gladly welcome the Taun Faun as an addition to their pack :).

In general though, great to see you decide to bring them into the community rather than letting them go to waste.

I'm a CE owner since launch and been in love with this game since beta. I've always been bit of a collector as I own all the speeders and all but one little tawn fawn pet. Even though a year has passed I still see myself playing this game for years to come, probably until they pull the plug and make me stop playing. Lolz Just one little bugger left. :D

Happy New Year!!!

Thanks.

I'm actually more jealous you were able to attend Pax East, you lucky dog! I wanted to go so much but couldn't afford it. We were in the middle of moving, again, and thank you, Army, for the chance to make a new home somewhere else, yay! Regardless, I hope you find someone pretty cool to give the fauns to. They deserve the sweetest owner, ever!

I recently got a Monkey-Lizard for my new bounty hunter. Since, in my personal RP, she bumped into Malavai Quinn at Balmorra, where she obtained the pet, she named it after him. Ever since, the thing tags along with her, and she sings its name every chance she gets, hehe.

Trust me, she's way more cool than this dude:

Not Cool Dude

Thanks.

As others have said, your generosity is to be admired. For myself, I can only state that I am also an avid pet collector and subscriber(CE preorder) myself who has farmed and given out unusual eggs and helped people obtain the tauntaun pet on Hoth.

Edited by Ratajack

Luckily I already have my Taun Faun, so I am not here for that. I want to wish everybody good luck and say that I like it that OP has opened this thread to shine between all the negative threads here on the forums.

Anyway, didn't knew the code can expire, but if it really does, better don't wait to the last minute, the winner should have time to actually know s/he has won and enter the code. Would be very sad for a winner to find out too late.

Luckily I already have my Taun Faun, so I am not here for that. I want to wish everybody good luck and say that I like it that OP has opened this thread to shine between all the negative threads here on the forums.

Anyway, didn't knew the code can expire, but if it really does, better don't wait to the last minute, the winner should have time to actually know s/he has won and enter the code. Would be very sad for a winner to find out too late.

I know, i had intended on posting for this last week but with getting married on the 21st and watching my baby girl, i havnt had a whole lot of computer time in the last week.

Just as a reminder to you guys, the key needs to be entered on the website much like registering a copy of the retail game, game time codes, etc.

also. for the record. i wasnt able to make it to pax east either, but someone i knew got me 3 codes. mine worked so i "ASSUME" the other two work to, however, if they do not, i apologize in advance. They havnt been used by me, and my friend doesnt play swtor, and i trust them completely in regards to their assurance the codes are not used.

ill try and pick two people within the next few hours though so you have time to enter the codes still.

thanks!

Well been at this game since beta, been following it since way before then. Bought CE, was the Tauntaun king in SWG...I am NOT a hater of TOR because of SWG and I always try to look at things in a positive light. I enjoy this game very much, and have leveled every class(well am working on an SI now...but hes almost there at lvl 38)

Did I mention I was the Tauntaun King in SWG on the sever Bria, and had a lair for Tauntauns where they could all hang out with Tauntaun related items and such? I have every Tauntaun pet, and all I am missing is the Faun!

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Both codes have been given away. Thanks to all who replied, hopefully both codes work, and here's hoping others might have codes, see this and do something similar. Or some other nice gesture so we can keep a great game friendly and all that jazz.

Now back to watching Sesame Street with the daughter.

aww damn.. missed the chance..

was gonna post

I can't really call myself a big collector, kinda joined this game a bit late and missed a lot of early benefits I kinda wanted. I dedicate myself to games and groups I like to play with. And do what I can to support them, and kinda end up giving a lot of things away myself to people I like.

But wouldn't say "no" to the chance to get something rare and special.

Edited by ClaudiusDK

• 3 months later...

Im one of the many who shall never get this pet or the achiev that goes with it as im not american, disabled and cannot afford togo america. Seems such an odd thing for bioware to include within an achiev when only americans specificaly are targeted for it.

Thats not me begging for a code from anyone btw. just wishing they would come to a uk show and give codes to little old us too.

Edited by Shingara