Warzone Commendation Grants in 4.7.3

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you a heads up on a change included with Game Update 4.7.3 on Tuesday. As we discussed last week, we are making changes to how gearing works in our upcoming expansion, Knights of the Eternal Throne. In support of our new Galactic Command system, we will be removing Warzone Commendations from the game on November 29th when Knights of the Eternal Throne Early Access opens. As a result, any new Warzone Commendation Grants will become bound and will Bind on Pickup starting on Tuesday, with Game Update 4.7.3.

If you have a desire to move Warzone Commendations around or have a stockpile of Warzone Commendation Grants, please ensure they are on the character you want them to be on before Tuesday’s maintenance. Please note, Customer Service will not be able to assist with any Warzone Commendation grants after Tuesday.

It is our intent that Warzone Commendations will convert to credits (as will Crystals) with Eternal Throne’s launch. We are still working out the conversion rates and I am hopeful that I will have that information for you later next week. To reiterate, in preparation for Knights of the Eternal Throne all Warzone Commendation Grants will become bind on pickup as of Game Update 4.7.3 on Tuesday.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be awesome if we could get a ballpark on conversion rate before the patch goes through. Cause how high it is could affect how people want to shift commendations around and whether they want to use a lot now on certain characters, or save for the conversion.

I admit I may not be understanding the wording quite right, but I'm not sure I understand why they are being made BoP so soon, if they are being removed eventually anyway.

This was already asked before, but what will happen to Ranked PvP tokens? Season 6 tokens will obviously be merged with Warzone Comms, but can players still use their Season 7 tokens to purchase the rewards with 5.0? Edited by Jerba

• Dev Post
What about ranked season 6 comms? Weren't those supposed to be converted to Warzone Comms at the start of Season 8?

Season 6 Commendations will also convert to credits as they would have become WZ Comms, which are also becoming credits.

Are the crystal vendors, like those on the fleet that take commons for mods, going to remain and accept credits now?

Correct, they are going to remain in place and accept credits.

-eric

You didn't exactly give us much notice to move these around now did you, what with the 100/500/1000 wz legacy containers taking 2 hours to unbind so you can transfer them to another toon or put them in your legacy bank!!

This needs WAY more than 24 hours notice.

Season 6 Commendations will also convert to credits as they would have become WZ Comms, which are also becoming credits.

Correct, they are going to remain in place and accept credits.

-eric

How about the non-gear vendors?

Will grade 5 and 6 companion gifts become purchasable for credits? Will Alliance Crates? Will "rare" mats? (The Smuggled Good vendor on Odessen)?

Will the various mounts and decos still be available?

Will the TEC vendor even exist? What will they sell?

Will the "empty shell" PvP equipment still be purchasable?

Will the current Common/Radiant/Glowing vendors sell their gear? With or without mods?

I will be OK, today with "wait a bit." But these questions ought to be answered before 28 November.

You didn't exactly give us much notice to move these around now did you, what with the 100/500/1000 wz legacy containers taking 2 hours to unbind so you can transfer them to another toon or put them in your legacy bank!!

This needs WAY more than 24 hours notice.

U can send via ingame mail to avoid 2h time its instant then

U can send via ingame mail to avoid 2h time its instant then

Thank you! You sir (or madam), are a star. I had no idea the mail workaround was also valid for the wz comms crates. Still doens't excuse them giving so little notice, but at least I don't have to sit around waiitng for timers to come off.

Why in the blood hell of everything sacred are you converting my Warzone commendations into CREDITS? ***.

I have earned these commendations and now you're telling me they are being turned to a currency that is so *********** easily obtainable in the game. Are you even for real?

It is our intent that Warzone Commendations will convert to credits (as will Crystals) with Eternal Throne’s launch. We are still working out the conversion rates and I am hopeful that I will have that information for you later next week.

Honestly Eric, I think the studio needs to rethink this conversion to credits approach.

I get that the WZ coms and Crystals become obsolete. That part is fine in my view. Games evolve over time.

HOWEVER.... converting them to the games most generic and devalued of in game currency (credits) is going to leave a lot of people with a really sour taste. Why? Because WZ coms and Crystals are earned for effort and have traditionally provided access to items that could not be purchased with credits. Moving to 5.0.... everyones attention will be on earning CXP to follow the path to items that cannot be purchased for credits or other currencies.

Suggestion for consideration: Run your internal balance and analytics data and determine an appropriate conversion rate from WZ coms and crystals -----> CXP. It will create good will with players in conjunction with the changes in 5.0 as previously earned coms and crystals were in fact earned and used for item acquisitions.... which is a methodology now being replaced with a new earned currency.....CXP.

ALSO.... you really need to give players more then 24 hours notice of this sudden shift to binding coms. Not everyone plays every day, much less reads the forum. This jumping out from behind a rock with such short notice is not going to go over well.

Edited by Andryah

Thank you! You sir (or madam), are a star. I had no idea the mail workaround was also valid for the wz comms crates. Still doens't excuse them giving so little notice, but at least I don't have to sit around waiitng for timers to come off.

Nah its not excuse for them its just workaround for ppl that manage to see this post today for rest well.

Edited by micmitja

Honestly Eric, I think the studio needs to rethink this conversion to credits approach.

I get that the WZ coms and Crystals become obsolete. That part is fine in my view. Games evolve over time.

HOWEVER.... converting them to the games most generic and devalued of in game currency (credits) is going to leave a lot of people with a really sour taste. Why? Because WZ coms and Crystals are earned for effort and have traditionally provided access to items that could not be purchased with credits. Moving to 5.0.... everyones attention will be on earning CXP to follow the path to items that cannot be purchased for credits or other currencies.

Suggestion for consideration: Run you internal balance and analytics data and determine an appropriate conversion rate from WZ coms and crystals -----> CXP. It will create good will with players in conjunction with the changes in 5.0 as previously earned coms and crystals were in fact earned and used for item acquisitions.... which is a methodology now being replaced with a new earned currency.....CXP.

This is Allison and this is my favourite suggestion on the SWTOR forums. Credits are easy and comms and crystals require more effort and generally provided better rewards, at least let us funnel them towards our new gear and shinies.

Indeed, the conversion rate better be damned impressive - it will feel like spitting in the face of PvPers if they come out with some nonsense like 1 wz comm = 10 credits... There had better be multiple zeroes on the end of things like radiant crystals.

But as others have said, I *strongly* urge you to reconsider making comms/crystals into credits and make them into CXP or something players might actually find useful!

What will happen to my Warzone grants that are in my legacy bank?

It's probably the safest place for them at the moment as long as they're split up. You can leave them in there and simply take them out over the next month with whichever character you want to use them with. The worst that can happen is they'll go missing, you submit a ticket and at least get them replaced.

I think we were all hoping the comms would get converted to galactic command xp - to reward us for our efforts; the crystals and wz comms are far harder to get than credits.

If not, I hope they're at least a good chunk of credits

Let us choose how to use them.... because... choices matter.

Let us buy legacy WZ comm grants now and in 5.0 after we hit 70, they can be traded for CXP.

Simplicity for those that don't mind but freedom for those that have already invested so much in this currency. Personally, I don't think there is a credit/comm conversion rate that I could appreciate.

When a new toon hit 65... I could instantly equip them with BiS PvP gear and that doubled as SM/story gear.

Quite invaluable IMO.

Suggestion for consideration: Run your internal balance and analytics data and determine an appropriate conversion rate from WZ coms and crystals -----> CXP. It will create good will with players in conjunction with the changes in 5.0 as previously earned coms and crystals were in fact earned and used for item acquisitions.... which is a methodology now being replaced with a new earned currency.....CXP.

ALSO.... you really need to give players more then 24 hours notice of this sudden shift to binding coms. Not everyone plays every day, much less reads the forum. This jumping out from behind a rock with such short notice is not going to go over well.

This.

Are you devs aware how worthless credits are. Here is a hint, a legendary companion gift (costs 30 basic coms) are listed on the GTN for 300k. Now I wouldn't spend 300k on a companion gift but it gives some understanding of the worth of credits in this horribly inflated market.

It really feels like you want to make the game a joke at this point, either insultingly low credits or further credit inflation.

Do the development team hate this game that much that they really want to drive every player away?

I think that's a great idea, but unlikely. I have a character I mostly PvP with who has 30K+ war zone commendations and capped PvE commendations. I suspect anything that would be fair to people with many less commendations would lead to much higher levels than they want for folks like me.