Revan vs Vitiate(possible spoilers)

DARTHOSIRUS

Recently finished SOR... I was surprised to see how powerful Revan actually was. I was expecting a 1 on 1 fight, but obviously the player character, no matter what class would be utterly destroyed as would the very powerful Darth Marr and Satele Shan or anybody else who participated in the battle. It's clear Revan was in a different league then all the rest, but had his plan succeeded would be have been good enough to destroy Vitiate? I believe Revan was at full power this time, but was his power about the same since the Vitiate battle 300 years ago or had he reached new levels of power since? After his resurrection perhaps he became more powerful then ever and possibly could have ended Vitiate once and for all?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tenebrous/Vitiate beat Revan over 300 years ago.

He would have done the same again. And then? Ritual of the Void time! Nathema for the whole Galaxy!

*OM NOM NOM*

Remind me never to say "Eat me!" to the Emperor, as that is what he intends to do.

That is one thing I don't like about this game being in MMO format, it leads to them having to make at least some bosses require more then one person to beat. And a lot of the time said bosses just shouldn't be anywhere near as powerful in universe as some of the people you take on solo in your story mode but apparently you have to bring 4-8 people to take them on.

EX: Karagga (and his garbage droid in waste management) apparently take multiple PCs working together to beat while Toborro/Szajin and all of those super special Isotope-5 droids that should be better then that are solo mode.

EX: Karagga (and his garbage droid in waste management) apparently take multiple PCs working together to beat while Toborro/Szajin and all of those super special Isotope-5 droids that should be better then that are solo mode.

I've always viewed operations as really taking 8/16-man strike teams, but with a difference from an actual gameplay.

The strike team is required to go through and clear a zone, which is always has armies of bosses' minions. But I doubt it always takes whole strike team to beat every single boss. For example, Dread Fortress. Corruptor Zero, obviously, could be beaten by one player character canon wise, but could the whole Fortress be solo-invaded? Doubt it. It's not like legions of Dread Guards will split in packs and won't attack until u pull them anywhere except from game mechanics.

Revan is a different case. He was confronted by player characters + 7 canon NPC from the game. They even had a dialog before the battle. But It's wierd indeed, since he was already beaten in Foundry by 4 characters who probably couldn't even beat one Darth Marr( or could they? ).

*raises a banner saying "Gameplay and Story Segregation"*

I mean, you could excuse it by saying that he was in his element, center of his power, drawing on the ambient dark side power and all that...

...but yeah, even then, I figure just Satele and Marr could have duo'd his *** into oblivion. *shrug*

Karagga (and his garbage droid in waste management) apparently take multiple PCs working together to beat while Toborro/Szajin and all of those super special Isotope-5 droids that should be better then that are solo mode.

Yeah, that's bothered me for a while.

I've thought that many Operations (KP, Ravagers) would be better as Flashpoint since I can't really understand why it takes 16 of the most powerful beings in the Galaxy to kill a fat Hutt or a over the hill pirate.

Yeah, that's bothered me for a while.

I've thought that many Operations (KP, Ravagers) would be better as Flashpoint since I can't really understand why it takes 16 of the most powerful beings in the Galaxy to kill a fat Hutt or a over the hill pirate.

Considering only 1 killed the emperor (or his voice) yet it takes either 16 or 7 people to kill Revan, the big question is why couldn't revan destroy the emperor?

in the case of Revan his being an ops boss is in response to the rabid revan fanboys complaining that he was "taken down by ONLY 4 'nobodies"

Pretty much this, they even gave him retarded stunlocks on solo, so fans could be at awe and constantly discuss how powerful and awesome he is, and that gray jedi are pretty kewl.

Also, Theron just feels really out of place in that fight. Dude got trashed by Revanite grunts and I'm supposed to believe he can hang with people like Marr and Satele? I know he helped kill a Dark Council member in his book but his contributions to that fight were minimal and mostly consisted of taking advantage of her being stupid (and her personal power was pretty weaksauce anyway, she only got on the Council because she was the only one who could use the super weapon of the week). Edited by dcaleb

Also, Theron just feels really out of place in that fight. Dude got trashed by Revanite grunts and I'm supposed to believe he can hang with people like Marr and Satele? I know he helped kill a Dark Council member in his book but his contributions to that fight were minimal and mostly consisted of taking advantage of her being stupid (and her personal power was pretty weaksauce anyway, she only got on the Council because she was the only one who could use the super weapon of the week).

Well, we didn't actually end up rescuing him from the Revanites, when we'd got there he'd already broken free remember?

Also, Theron just feels really out of place in that fight. Dude got trashed by Revanite grunts and I'm supposed to believe he can hang with people like Marr and Satele? I know he helped kill a Dark Council member in his book but his contributions to that fight were minimal and mostly consisted of taking advantage of her being stupid (and her personal power was pretty weaksauce anyway, she only got on the Council because she was the only one who could use the super weapon of the week).

Truth be told, he was caught unaware; besides, he was able to free himself on his own.

You gotta give him credit for that.

Also, Theron actually killed one Dark Council member ( Darth Mekhis ) in addition to have aided Gnost-Dural killing another ( Darth Karrid ). As a matter of fact, depending on your PoV, you can even claim he killed both of them, seeing I remember he threw something to the inside of the pod Karrid was taking refuge, and it exploded, literally killing her.

EDIT:

Come to think of it, I don't think Marr should stand beside him, close-like. Or the Inquisitor for that matter.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Recently finished SOR... I was surprised to see how powerful Revan actually was. I was expecting a 1 on 1 fight, but obviously the player character, no matter what class would be utterly destroyed as would the very powerful Darth Marr and Satele Shan or anybody else who participated in the battle. It's clear Revan was in a different league then all the rest, but had his plan succeeded would be have been good enough to destroy Vitiate? I believe Revan was at full power this time, but was his power about the same since the Vitiate battle 300 years ago or had he reached new levels of power since? After his resurrection perhaps he became more powerful then ever and possibly could have ended Vitiate once and for all?

Checkout knowledge on Revan by looking at my Revan Respect Thread: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revan-respect-thread/95278/

Truth be told, he was caught unaware; besides, he was able to free himself on his own.

You gotta give him credit for that.

Also, Theron actually killed one Dark Council member ( Darth Mekhis ) in addition to have aided Gnost-Dural killing another ( Darth Karrid ). As a matter of fact, depending on your PoV, you can even claim he killed both of them, seeing I remember he threw something to the inside of the pod Karrid was taking refuge, and it exploded, literally killing her.

EDIT:

Come to think of it, I don't think Marr should stand beside him, close-like. Or the Inquisitor for that matter.

No, I really don't have to give him credit for eventually managing to kill a few mooks after getting captured and tortured by mooks. If he wasn't of personal interest to Revan he wouldn't have lived long enough to get the chance to bust out.

And, I'm not really familiar with how he killed Mekhis. Didn't read that comic and Wookiepedia just says he killed her with poison without mentioning the method of delivery, so for all I know he pumped some poison into the air vents and ran.

And, her allowing him to toss a thermal detonator into her vader style meditation pod just as it was closing it up so she couldn't toss it back out is what I meant by 'taking advantage of her being stupid'. Gnost-Dural did all of the leg work.

No, I really don't have to give him credit for eventually managing to kill a few mooks after getting captured and tortured by mooks. If he wasn't of personal interest to Revan he wouldn't have lived long enough to get the chance to bust out.

And, I'm not really familiar with how he killed Mekhis. Didn't read that comic and Wookiepedia just says he killed her with poison without mentioning the method of delivery, so for all I know he pumped some poison into the air vents and ran.

And, her allowing him to toss a thermal detonator into her vader style meditation pod just as it was closing it up so she couldn't toss it back out is what I meant by 'taking advantage of her being stupid'. Gnost-Dural did all of the leg work.

Damn! You really don't like Theron. :D

Revan image was totally spoiled for me when one little ewok female tank him the whole fight. Treek never lost aggro and never went down.

Seriously though, Revan is just such a tragic figure now. So much failure. His whole story is now him screwing up and cleaning up the messes he got himself into.

Revan image was totally spoiled for me when one little ewok female tank him the whole fight. Treek never lost aggro and never went down.

Seriously though, Revan is just such a tragic figure now. So much failure. His whole story is now him screwing up and cleaning up the messes he got himself into.

I believe he was always meant to be a tragic figure of sorts. SoR took it too far IMO, and it proved detrimental to the character.

Damn! You really don't like Theron. :D

I really don't, and I'm not sure why exactly that is. I actually told him to stop ************ on my Republic play through after he got back and was all pissed about lana letting him get captured.

I really don't, and I'm not sure why exactly that is. I actually told him to stop ************ on my Republic play through after he got back and was all pissed about lana letting him get captured.

I can understand where you come from.

As I stated in an earlier thread, he rubs me the wrong way throughout SoR as well, unlike Lana and Jakarro who grew on me.

While Lana may or not admit she was in error by betraying a potential friend, she did what was necessary, in the heat of the moment. Theron, being a spy, should understand that BETTER than anyone. Instead of moving on however, he continues to -- not so subtly -- press the subject, regardless of what is at stake: survival, something even that grotesque alien beast by the name of Jakarro understands.

In other words, while Lana and Jakarro grow as characters, Theron remains in limbo, in addition to whatever mother issues he may still have. What a waste of a character.

Dude was set up, abducted by the enemy, tortured and came rather close to getting killed, because this Sith b- woman decided they needed to get a trojan horse into the enemy's midst so they could learn more intel without thinking to warn him about it, and she hides this from their other allies until he calls her on it.

I think he's entitled to blow off some steam at her. I get why she did it, and SO DOES THERON by the end of Rishi, and he doesn't seem to bear any ill will towards Lana once they hit Yavin, one way or another. He certainly doesn't bring it up again.

As for why he's in the Revan fight? Why not? Why keep a good shot whose had time to recover from the torture and is clever enough to look for potential problems on the bench?

Maybe its a litle cheesy, but he has as much a reason to be there as Jekarro does.

It does annoy me how little they do with him, but that's mostly because there was potential for a lot more. He and Satele hardly interact, him and Revan even less... there was opportunity for a lot of potential stuff to happen that was just ignored.

Still, I doubt Bioware's done with the quartet. It's a good mix of personalities that would serve well with future smaller scale, cross faction content.

I think he's entitled to blow off some steam at her. I get why she did it, and SO DOES THERON by the end of Rishi, and he doesn't seem to bear any ill will towards Lana once they hit Yavin, one way or another. He certainly doesn't bring it up again.

His later behavior on Yavin 4, both Empire- and Republic-side, is a result of what happened on Rishi however, as seen

and
. Edited by Darth_Wicked

His later behavior on Yavin 4, both Empire- and Republic-side, is a result of what happened on Rishi however, as seen
and

Firstly, both sides offer the whole "reprogram the devices to spy on the enemy" thing.

The only other time I recall distrust on Theron's part was when the Empire unilaterally said "Dealing with the Emperor's guard is an Imperial matter, we'll handle it, stay out of our way". YMMV on if that was a legit reaction or not, but it certainly wasn't a sign of trust on the Imperial's part.

As the PC can bring up later, if Marr and Beliko trusted the Shans/PC, they would've let it be a joint mission... and Marr's response is pretty much a growled threat.

Theron's attitude in those scenes isn't a direct result of what happened on Rishi. Its the same thing that caused Lana to want to spy on the Republic: Distrust and suspicion of the other side because of the last, oh, 50+ years of staring down a hated enemy.

It's to set up the solo option for the Revan fight: There's a lot of ugliness that both sides need to work past in order to work together here.

There should have been more development here, sure, but Theron doesn't seem to bear any animosity towards Lana after Rishi. He just distrusts the Empire, just as much as she distrusts the Republic.

* snip *

I disagree.

Satele even has to urge him to keep his cool in one of those cutscenes, as seen

In other words, Lana retains her composure throughout the ENTIRE exchange, while Theron, still bitter over what went down on Rishi, lashes out -- repeatedly.

EDIT:

BTW:

Firstly, both sides offer the whole "reprogram the devices to spy on the enemy" thing.

I don't understand. The links I provide don't even focus on this? :confused:

Edited by Darth_Wicked