Bioware why the ninja nerf to death from above?

Galvatron

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's having fun throwing a tantrum, next he will tell us he unsubbed and expect us to care.

Not going anywhere as of yet. Paid for a full 6 months. But alot of people are talking about how damage is reduced more than the 10% that was on the PTS..

So instead of being azzhats maybe listen.

I'll log in and check. I'm betting it's because it now works the same as Mortar Volley for damage, which was definitely inferior to DFA.

MMMmm just had 3 other Bh's in full BM gear do a warzone and only do around 60k damage.

But you guys keep saying what your saying.

Did they forget to respec when all their points were refunded or something? I could take out my PT and never use DFA once and stomp all over 60k damage.

I AM going to unsuscribe. I'm just leveling to get my thermal detonator and I'm going to shelve this game for a year or so. I'm guessing the best stuff this game will have to offer won't even be playable until a few years anyway. KoTOR3 meets SW:Battlefront 3

I'm also guessing because of this nerf that you won't hardly see merc.'s at the top of damage anymore. Leave that to the lightning fingers and pebble throwers.

Radius reduction hurt bad, -30-40% damage is real bad, but not giving us the talent tree options to get some of it back is worst of all. The decent thing for them to have done was at least add DFA to the +crit for Rail shot/Thermal det/IM/FM (forgot name).

I'm not encouraging any BH to quit/unsuscribe. By all means keep playing and providing the feedback Bio/EA aparently needs because they may or may not know what they are doing. I look forward to when things have settled down and/or expanded.

They couldn't find a way to smooth out the animations for both Troopers (mortar volley) so..in all fairness, they made it worthless...or VERY unattractive at least.

They're terrible coders, they couldn't get it to work for troopers, so they ruined it for everyone.

Um no, arsenal wasnt nerfed. Pyro and heals were.

Maybe you didnt notice it, but the pyro typically uses their rapid shots A LOT and now its dmg is ninja nerfed. You arsenals having to adjust your rotations to get the same dps... who cares?

they should have removed the knockdown part of Death from above...the radius is so small now they get knocked out it...

i cast DfA on four npc's and all four took dmg the first hit and only two got the rest...badly broken IMO.

im sure someone will call me a whiner and tell me to deal with it...BH is no longer fun to me, i believe i paid for the right to be upset.

Um no, arsenal wasnt nerfed. Pyro and heals were.

Maybe you didnt notice it, but the pyro typically uses their rapid shots A LOT and now its dmg is ninja nerfed. You arsenals having to adjust your rotations to get the same dps... who cares?

3% Crit hit nerf

100% TM nerf (not 10%)

100% DFA damage nerf

-5% damage reduction nerf.

Jet Boost CD nerf.

Honestly people should stop posting before they read or play 1.2.

Edited by TheNinjaboy

3% Crit hit nerf

100% TM nerf (not 10%)

100% DFA damage nerf

-5% damage reduction nerf.

Jet Boost CD nerf.

Honestly people should stop posting before they read or play 1.2.

Just making up numbers to suite you huh? Well I got a 400% nerf to rapid shots and dfa on my pyro.

The radius change is not okay. This attack is now basically pointless.

My shieldtech feels otherwise basically unaffected but the death from above change is stupid.

The damage seemed pretty gross. It was like having four back to back railshots. Maybe use something else?

The attack also has 1 minute cooldown and needs to be activated from range.. Yea I will use something else since theres no reason to use death from above anymore...

Its better to just rocket charge and flame sweep..

Edited by Karkais

You reduced the radius of Death form Above which was fine but now you ninja nerfed the damage by 30-40%. PLEASE EXPLAIN YOURSELF.

How did you test this? NPCs or training dummies?

Testing in WZs doesn't make sense because you don't know how much expertise your target has. Many players who ran with 0 expertise, now have easy access to Recruit gear (for some credits) that has a lot of expertise. Thus your offensive abilities will hit for a lot less because you won't be fighting many people with 0 expertise anymore at lvl 50.

How is reduction in radius of DoA fine?!

5meter from 8.... that's HUGE difference, and reasoning behind 'to bring it in line with other BH AoE abilities...'.

Seriously.. what a bull.

DoA has big CD.

Now, when leveling my BH, DoA is really useless. It can hit 3, sometimes whole 3 normal mobs, but after 1st hit, they are all knocked back, and then I'm lucky in next hits hit 2 mobs.

Annoying like hell.

Honestly, I realise that I am totally biased as I am an arsenal merc, however I feel that the nerf was not necessary. DfA was completely situational, it did very little dmg to grps less than 3 people. Also the 1 min CD meant that rarely was it ever used. When it did do tons of dmg was when grp of 4-5 people randomly stacked in pvp. Which is good, that's a situation where it should be used and made my class abilities mean something.

My second point was that I do not think this change was noted anywhere. I may be wrong but I do not rmbr seeing this in the patch notes. All changes to the game should be addressed in the notes, if they aren't I feel rather cheated.

As a powertech I hardly used DFA in pvp anyway due to the cooldown and that players often aren't stupid enough to stand in it for the full duration. Basically it was only used every other pull in pve to help with aoe aggro. Now the attack aggro's less mobs and typically blasts mobs out of the radius after the first hit which means they only get hit for 400-500 damage once making it useless. Jet boost to the middle mob and flame sweep is now better than DFA and have minimal cooldowns. If they are going to keep the reduced radius then at least remove the knockback so we get more than one hit in.