Where is star wars MMO on timelline.

leafyjustice

If this is has already been asked I apologize. I'd like to know where in the star wars timeline does the events of this MMO take place? Most specifically in relation to the whole Jedi and Miraluka being hunted to extinction/ near-extinction. It just makes it less worth while to me to play my Jedi sentinel, do all this stuff to both bring peace to the galaxy as well as make him grow in power if the Sith/empire will undo it all and kill him, and there is nothing I can do because "the lore said so".

Thank you in advance for any answers.

If this is has already been asked I apologize. I'd like to know where in the star wars timeline does the events of this MMO take place? Most specifically in relation to the whole Jedi and Miraluka being hunted to extinction/ near-extinction. It just makes it less worth while to me to play my Jedi sentinel, do all this stuff to both bring peace to the galaxy as well as make him grow in power if the Sith/empire will undo it all and kill him, and there is nothing I can do because "the lore said so".

Thank you in advance for any answers.

The game starts 3,643 years before Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, so it is 3,624 years before the near-extinction of the Jedi seen in Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (aka the Second Jedi Purge)

In terms of when the Jedi were hunted to near extinction, if you're talking about when that happened during the KotOR II video game (aka the Dark Wars and the First Jedi Purge), then it takes place around 310 years after that - since Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords takes place 3,951 years before Episode IV.

Edited by DarthDymond

Well, this game takes place about 2000-3000 years before the movies, So I think your Jedi will be good.

hope I helped :)

I don't know.... seems like jedi/sith can live as long as the feel like if they know enough about the force. Though putting up with people to lazy to do the jobs they're paid to do (aka quests) for 2000 years would probably be a fate worse then death.

In terms of when the Jedi were hunted to near extinction, if you're talking about when that happened during the KotOR II video game (aka the Dark Wars and the First Jedi Purge), then it takes place around 310 years after that - since Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords takes place 3,951 years before Episode IV.

I was thinking of both the movie series for the jedi and the game for miraluka. If I remember right in the game the Miraluka were hunted to extinction. Does that mean they were able to bounce back or were the Sith not as thorough as they thought they were?

Also, Love the Soul Reaver quote. A shame the guy who did Kain's voice died. I wonder how the gaming would would look if that series kept going.

Edited by leafyjustice

Also, Love the Soul Reaver quote. A shame the guy who did Kain's voice died. I wonder how the gaming would would look if that series kept going.

Jesus, don't scare me like that - Simon Templeman, who voices Kain, is still alive - you might be thinking of Tony Jay, who voiced the Elder God (and Mortanius in the very first LoK game) who sadly passed away back in '06.

I was thinking of both the movie series for the jedi and the game for miraluka. If I remember right in the game the Miraluka were hunted to extinction. Does that mean they were able to bounce back or were the Sith not as thorough as they thought they were?

I think the Miraluka homeworld (or maybe just one of their major worlds) was wiped out, but not the species - regardless, they did bounce back since this game takes place three centuries after Nihilus' attack on them.

EDIT: did some Wookieepedia-checking - in the background for KotOR II, Nihilus wiped out a Miraluka colony world: Katarr, where the Jedi were holding a conclave. This attack was a big part of the Triumvirate wiping out most of the Jedi Order, but while it also killed all if the Miraluka on that planet (except for Visas Marr), it didn't really bring the species close to extinction.

Edited by DarthDymond

I think the Miraluka homeworld (or maybe just one of their major worlds) was wiped out, but not the species - regardless, they did bounce back since this game takes place three centuries after Nihilus' attack on them.

Katarr was just a Miraluka colony, as Master Kavar points out

I love Tom Kane.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Jesus, don't scare me like that - Simon Templeman, who voices Kain, is still alive - you might be thinking of Tony Jay, who voiced the Elder God (and Mortanius in the very first LoK game) who sadly passed away back in '06.

EDIT: did some Wookieepedia-checking - in the background for KotOR II, Nihilus wiped out a Miraluka colony world: Katarr, where the Jedi were holding a conclave. This attack was a big part of the Triumvirate wiping out most of the Jedi Order, but while it also killed all if the Miraluka on that planet (except for Visas Marr), it didn't really bring the species close to extinction.

Sorry for the scare. I'll admit I heard that "from a friend who's friend said that" back before wiki's were a thing.

Katarr was just a Miraluka colony, as Master Kavar points out

I love Tom Kane.

For some reason I remember Kria or whatever her name was saying something about the Miraluka you get in the game being "the last of her kind". then again 90% of what she said tended to be Sith dribble so I usually zone out when she starts talking.

I don't know.... seems like jedi/sith can live as long as the feel like if they know enough about the force.

One would certainly think that due to certain stories like the one Bioware whipped up about Revan..

On the other hand there are characters like Yoda who died to old age onscreen.

One would certainly think that due to certain stories like the one Bioware whipped up about Revan..

On the other hand there are characters like Yoda who died to old age onscreen.

True but couldn't it be said that Yoda let himself slip away or "disappear" because his destiny was fulfilled? That destiny being training Luke to ensure he was powerful enough to both beat his father and resist the dark side. If I read right after the events of the movie he go on to rebuild the Jedi schools and whatnot.

True but couldn't it be said that Yoda let himself slip away or "disappear" because his destiny was fulfilled? That destiny being training Luke to ensure he was powerful enough to both beat his father and resist the dark side. If I read right after the events of the movie he go on to rebuild the Jedi schools and whatnot.

I do think Yoda chose to let go of life around that time because he had fulfilled his destiny, but I don't think he would have been able to hang on to life indefinitely either - doesn't he have a line like "Strong am I with the force... but not that strong"? (Come to think of it, he probably would have stuck around if he could so that if Luke failed he could take another crack at things with "another Sky...walk...errrr...")

There are one or two Jedi I can think of off-hand who are 'alive' during this game (and were both alive before the KotOR games in fact) who live past the movies though - but one of them is frozen in a Sith Stasis Chamber and the other... well, turned himself into a tree.

Edited by DarthDymond

There are one or two Jedi I can think of off-hand who are 'alive' during this game (and were both alive before the KotOR games in fact) who live past the movies though - but one of them is frozen in a Sith Stasis Chamber

Following contains no SWTOR story spoilers but I put the tag in just in case:

Celeste is certainly one of those stories that I cringe at, even though I absolutely love the character and the story otherwise. After she came out of the oubliette, there were cases of her remaining alive when she should not have and apparently not aging. She remained on the asteroid where Vader let her out of the oubliette for quite some time without support, alive and 'well'. (20 years according to wookiepedia). Also how did she stay alive from Vader's time to SW:legacy period (about 127 years) where she was discovered by Cade Skywalker's gang in a derelict star destroyer in an abandoned hyperspace lane?

We must assume Muur talisman kept her alive 'somehow' but it is bit too much handwaving for my taste.

I can sort of accept her not aging while in the oubliette since it is sort of stasis chamber, but not aging when she is out and about? Not to mention 127 years without food, water, or anything really.

SW stories seem to have plot wholes the size of death stars sometimes.

Edited by Karkais

Following contains no SWTOR story spoilers but I put the tag in just in case:

Celeste is certainly one of those stories that I cringe at, even though I absolutely love the character and the story otherwise. After she came out of the oubliette, there were cases of her remaining alive when she should not have and apparently not aging. She remained on the asteroid where Vader let her out of the oubliette for quite some time without support, alive and 'well'. (20 years according to wookiepedia). Also how did she stay alive from Vader's time to SW:legacy period (about 127 years) where she was discovered by Cade Skywalker's gang in a derelict star destroyer in an abandoned hyperspace lane?

We must assume Muur talisman kept her alive 'somehow' but it is bit too much handwaving for my taste.

I can sort of accept her not aging while in the oubliette since it is sort of stasis chamber, but not aging when she is out and about? Not to mention 127 years without food, water, or anything really.

SW stories seem to have plot wholes the size of death stars sometimes.

No argument here

I have no problem with the Oubliette keeping her alive indefinitely, since that was its purpose - and consistent with how Dreypa's own Oubliette on Kesh was treated (plus it's not really that unusual a sci-fi trope in general).

And I would have been okay with the Talisman extending Morne's life for 130+ years if they had done more than give a single line of dialogue (if that) to handwave it, although ideally I think they could have come up with something a bit more interesting like her traveling at relativistic speeds to get off of all hyperspace lanes in an effort to contain Murr (change the ship she was on to an Imperial Star Destroyer instead of a Paelleon-class and say its been 10 years for her but 130 for the rest of the galaxy or something like that). But as it was, the reveal that Morne was just... there, alive and well, wasn't handled that great.

Rest of the story was good though, and I enjoyed the character - so on balance I just considered it a misstep in an otherwise solid arc.