Guard needs to be on a CD

Raansu

Otherwise, what does a dps have to worry about that a tank does not? It's a simple question, really.

The answer is absolutely nothing. The only difference is priority of what they should be doing in general. No dps that can guard have the option to cleanse or off-heal a teammate which are the only 2 things that tanks do not do either.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tank guard is mostly fine.

Dps guards can be a bit absurd when there are more than one and they are used well.

(A good heals/dps team in solos with multiple offguards almost always wins vs a team without, for example.)

I don't want dps guard removed, but lessening the amount transferred from a dps guard from like 50% to 25% or 30% seems reasonable.

Dps guards can be a bit absurd when there are more than one and they are used well.

(A good heals/dps team in solos with multiple offguards almost always wins vs a team without, for example.)

I don't want dps guard removed, but lessening the amount transferred from a dps guard from like 50% to 25% or 30% seems reasonable.

That's pretty much my opinion exactly on this topic.

from my experience teams with guarding dps who cross-guard each other also won teams with no guard..especially in games with healers

from my experience teams with guarding dps who cross-guard each other also won teams with no guard..especially in games with healers

Wait what? Are you saying teams with dps who can guard and have a healer beat an all dps with no guard team?

If that's the case, no duh.

Doesn't guard break if they are not within 15 meters or something? Should not be too hard to split this unstoppable tank/healer combo apart.

guard does not "break", you must be within 10m of the person you are guarding to take the 50% damage from them. If you are at 10.01m , it does nothing but prevent another teammate from guarding that same person.

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT:

I actually typed out a thoughtful lengthy reply...but then I made the mistake of going back and reading the prior several pages to this thread.

There is a lot of nonsense and hate in this thread, jesus. I'm just going to edit this and walk away.

Edited by SOULCASTER

I finally got to group with a competent player who on a tank jugg topped the dps charts as well as protection. His gameplay also enabled me to regularly pump out 8k or higher HPS, and this was in regs WZs.

I guess I can see how some people would find this unfair, where a role played well can actually improve the gameplay of their teammates significantly but this type of player is a rarity especially in regs.

Anyway, I don't think it's fair to want class roles gimped just because some players are capable of getting everything out of the class.

I mean if you dumb down the game, and make it so the ceiling of performance is so low everyone does equally well, then you have nothing to offer the highly skilled players and the game becomes a boring snoozefest with no dynamic gameplay.

Long story short, bads need to get good if they don't like certain roles being capable of dynamic gameplay. The way tanks operate in PVP right now hardly constitutes a need to be nerfed in anyway.

I finally got to group with a competent player who on a tank jugg topped the dps charts as well as protection. His gameplay also enabled me to regularly pump out 8k or higher HPS, and this was in regs WZs.

The only times I have ever done this are in reg WZs, usually prolonged matches, usually with dps who are busy running objectives or are just bad, and guaranteed it was back when I ran a skank before the crit/shield changes.

I guess I can see how some people would find this unfair, where a role played well can actually improve the gameplay of their teammates significantly but this type of player is a rarity especially in regs.

Isn't that kind if the point of running a tank or healer? If your dps weren't better off because we there to heal or protect them, why would we exist at all? Just like you live longer with a healer to heal you, you should live longer with a tank to protect you. That's the fundamental principle of the trilogy.

Edited by KendraP