Optimization needs to happen asap

hyuplee

lol funny. Just played gw 2 and the spawn area had more than 30 people spamming all kinds of skills. No lag whatsoever. When I tried open world on Black Hole? 10 people use lightning and the frame rate drop to 8 fps. Really, BW I think it's time to optimize your engine. 26 fps with nVidia 670 and i7 processors? I wonder why swtor is bleeding subs.:rolleyes: Edited by hyuplee

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.. I don't have a good pc at all, but soon I will.. I can guarantee if I still lag at all after I get it I'll be unsubbing. This game's lag problems are just a joke.

A mate of mine has a $4000 computer.. until I showed him something he lagged quite badly. HOW can this game lag with computer of that quality? Might I add he wasn't ripped off.. hell he ripped the computer shop off.

Why in the umpaluma hell do we need to buy super computers to run this thing!??? Especially taking into account the graphics, compared to other 2011 games, are crud. Hardly anything on there could be considered an HD texture.. half of the character customisation things look like play-doh on someone's face.. I just don't get it.

Might I suggest downloading this?

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

It helped me a lot & I'm sure it's the only reason why my pc hasn't melted from this game yet. ;)

Edited by Aedey

I agree.. I don't have a good pc at all, but soon I will.. I can guarantee if I still lag at all after I get it I'll be unsubbing. This game's lag problems are just a joke.

A mate of mine has a $4000 computer.. until I showed him something he lagged quite badly. HOW can this game lag with computer of that quality? Might I add he wasn't ripped off.. hell he ripped the computer shop off.

Why in the umpaluma hell do we need to buy super computers to run this thing!??? Especially taking into account the graphics, compared to other 2011 games, are crud. Hardly anything on there could be considered an HD texture.. half of the character customisation things look like play-doh on someone's face.. I just don't get it.

Might I suggest downloading this?

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

It helped me a lot & I'm sure it's the only reason why my pc hasn't melted from this game yet. ;)

It's the optimization of the heroic engine. Everything in this game could've been great if they would just spend their time on fixing the damn engine instead of making content like HK 47.

lol funny. Just played gw 2 and the spawn area had more than 30 people spamming all kinds of skills. No lag whatsoever. When I tried open world on Black Hole? 10 people use lightning and the frame rate drop to 8 fps. Really, BW I think it's time to optimize your engine. 26 fps with nVidia 670 and i7 processors? I wonder why swtor is bleeding subs.:rolleyes:

It's the hero engine. They made a terrible choice to use it.

If you, like me learn to play with crappy fps, then it doesn't seem as bad. For me 16 seems fluid (but I still need to go down to 800X600 to get 16 of BF3)

Man, I feel sorry for you, hope you get your computer upgraded sooner rather than later

i5 with a 570 running at 45-80 fps in operation, not too sure what you guys are doing..

It's the optimization of the heroic engine. Everything in this game could've been great if they would just spend their time on fixing the damn engine instead of making content like HK 47.

yes because engine programmers = modelers, animators and gameplay designers.

P.s. Cant deny they need to upgrade to 64 bit, multicore and the latest version of Directx.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

On the thoughts of the community, I'll be getting a nice pc built up shortly with an HD 7770. From what I have read it seems to be a nice card for the price.

any guesses of what my fps will steadily hold at, thoughts anyone?

This is a common complaint from many and so I am sure there is a problem. But I am kind of baffled why this is...because for myself , with a not top of the line computer, I7 2600, Radeon 6850, Vsync on , monitor refresh set to 60 hz..all settings maxed..I was getting 60 fps everywhere..runs, on Fleet...etc. So my reasons for unsubbing had nothing to do with the optimizations.

Most of us have read the article about the whole thing about the hero engine. I forgot the names involved offhand, but it wasn't ready. However it could create cut scenes quickly and easily. apparently it was good for some things, but completely horrid for other things. If they could switch to the unreal engine then that would change the game for the better completely. When building a home you want to use a very strong reliable foundation for it to sit on. The same goes for MMO's. Using the hero engine was only helpful to speed up the development process. But now that our game is sitting on it, the whole thing might sink into the ground. We're stuck with it unless we can take the whole house and move it to a new location with a stronger foundation. Mission Impossible...

I pulled every trick in the book on my framerate and got it to like 14 fps on fleet... Average everywhere else is like 24-34. This is the only game I have problems with. What frustrates me is my system isn't even being taxed running the game and most of the fps tricks I have tried don't do anything. GW2 isn't even officially open yet and it seems like people on fleet is halved what it was 24 hours ago. The review from a friend of mine was "this craps on Wow, eq,eq2,AO,guildwars1"..... etc etc...

This is a multiplayer game where you can't find a group to do anything. It's getting really discouraging for me. I like the game but it performs poorly and even with the server tweaks they're doing, all it seems to be doing is isolating players more and more.

lol funny. Just played gw 2 and the spawn area had more than 30 people spamming all kinds of skills. No lag whatsoever. When I tried open world on Black Hole? 10 people use lightning and the frame rate drop to 8 fps. Really, BW I think it's time to optimize your engine. 26 fps with nVidia 670 and i7 processors? I wonder why swtor is bleeding subs.:rolleyes:

Pretty much same here. I was actually going to spend $1200 for a new rig components next weekend on the US Labor Day sales since mine is a bit dated ( considered mid-range). In this game, I can barely keep up at lowest settings and its still very choppy.

Started GW2 yesterday, have everything on mid-high settings, and its FINE !!! Beautiful game, very good framerates, so far I have been in zerg chained events with multiple hordes of centaurs and around 40-50 players and havent had a single hiccup. Not even once. Literally. Smaller groups for pvp but also very smooth. And to boot I play a thief, so lots of insta and positional closers etc.

It really made me realize that its not my computer, but SWTOR, and not just that but by HOW MUCH this game is screwed up.

I should also add that I experiened 2 bugs in GW2 so far.

1. Trader (GTN Equivalent) doesnt work yet to full functionality.

2. One of the skillpoint events was bugged and encounter would not actually trigger, but it is already fixed and I just did it.

Nice to have minor bugs fixed in less then 24 hours. I bet they will get the trader situation squared away before game goes store retail too. Try that BW !!!

So, that, coupled with all the bugs, pvp class imbalances, lack of current content etc, I hit the unsub button today and joined that crowd. Not to mention since I am not playing SWTOR, my comp can easily last me another year before major upgrades. Mo money in mah pocket.

BW I think it's time to optimize your engine. 26 fps with nVidia 670 and i7 processors? I wonder why swtor is bleeding subs.:rolleyes:

Odd... I7 2600, Nvidia GTX 660 TI, 16 megs ram.. Over 80 FPS at all times.. Most times I am over 100 fps..

1920X1080p in case you are wondering on the res..

I doubt it is the game engine that needs optimized.. Just saying.. :rolleyes:

I should also add that I experiened 2 bugs in GW2 so far.

1. Trader (GTN Equivalent) doesnt work yet to full functionality.

2. One of the skillpoint events was bugged and encounter would not actually trigger, but it is already fixed and I just did it.

Nice to have minor bugs fixed in less then 24 hours. I bet they will get the trader situation squared away before game goes store retail too. Try that BW !!!

Yeah, try that! Despite the fact half of it hasn't actually been done yet..

And despite the fact that there were a total of 6 bug fixing patches in early-release in TOR as well.

Really, are you so daft to not even realise how rose tinted your glasses are at this time because of the shiny new game?

I hope you enjoy the next few months of GW2 before you tire of that game as well and start ranting on forums about how much GW2 sucked and even TOR was better.

i5 with a 570 running at 45-80 fps in operation, not too sure what you guys are doing..

yes because engine programmers = modelers, animators and gameplay designers.

P.s. Cant deny they need to upgrade to 64 bit, multicore and the latest version of Directx.

Ok, mate, please tell me how you can achieve 45-80 fps in 16 man ops (there's a big difference between 8 and 16 man, the engine is terrible when it comes to bigger numbers) ... I have i5 2500k and gtx 560Ti, I run everything on High, except Shadows and AA are set to Low. During AoE spamfests in EC my fps drops to 25 (during clearing trash packs). The worst performance is during the NiM Pilgrim fight where it's most intensive, my fps can drop to 20 fps. Horrible, just horrible.

The game runs okay otherwise, i5 or i7 make all the difference in the world, but in 16 man ops where it's most intensive it's bad.

Better yet, would like some videos and pics, some proof people can get 60-80 fps during fights like NiM Pilgrim and AoE spam-fests in 16 man.

Yeah the engine doens't hand anything over a a few spamming abilities, that's for sure. :(