nerf underlurker in story mode already

I know there are a lot of pro players who can kill him with eyes closed, so please go away.

It's a bane for pug groups and most of casual players who just want to complete weekly mission. I could only kill him with 1 of 10 groups on this week which was fully 192-198 geared. There is absolutely no reason for a 3rd boss to be much harder than all others including last boss from story mode. Maybe just let casuals to complete this operation without nightmares.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been nerfed.

Lets think for a minute what you state here, first you state that the Underlurker has been nerfed. He has not been nerfed (like lowered HP or that his cross finally works) his abilities has been adjusted to cast correctly and its adds has somewhat lower hp then before. There has been no adjustment to the underlurker when it comes to the balance issues a huge part of the community has asked to change for months. I highly recommend you read through the patchnotes what has actually been done with the boss Underlurker. It is not a nerf, it is a mediocre attempt of tuning him.

I'll be the one who says:

It's not UL fail You cant kill it. It's Yours/team fault.

Once again someone states that it is only up to the player that the boss can bug out and still deal damage eventhough it should not. There has been several reports of correct player placements with the cross and still huge damage attacks. There has been reports of stones dropping wrong and even moving "safe" places for the team to hide ending in a whipe. Lets go into for a little while about the mechanics about syncing where the players and the server actually thinks the player is standing somewhere else. That has been the bane of many deaths with this boss since players are forced to jump to update their client/server position.

I understand that you prefer a bit elitist view of the Underlurker and I respect that, but keep in mind there are lots and lots of more casual players that keeps this game running and we want our share of fun aswell. Balance the SM level to reason and triple the difficulty of HM Underlurker and make it ten times harder NiM mode. Then everybody should be happy and can brag like no others when they kill the current most bugged boss in the entire game, The Underlurker.

Edited by Icestar

You know Ice. Me and you are just never going to be on the same side for this discussion. Ever. UL isn't impossible, or even that difficult now after the add health was dropped. They also nerfed the damaged output pretty severely as I've seen with my healing parses.

It's an end game operations boss. End game. No matter what the "level" people want to say it is, it's end game content. People need to learn that growth in game is not a bad thing, or something to shy away from. It's not scary, and it's not horrible, and no one is selling their souls regarding getting better.

I've failed on UL a few the past two weeks. And I can tell ya a lot of people blame bugs when really they're not doing the mechanics properly. The cross phase works if people are in the right spots. The adds go down insanely fast even if you're doing bogus dps numbers if people focus the same adds and have a plan of attack (first wave of adds door to exit, second wave exit to door for instance). You really don't take damage while in the green safe zone, if you're taking damage you're running to the zone, or you're not in it. I've witnessed tons of players not even go for the rocks for cover and then go "well they didn't show up, I didnt know". They were tunneling the boss and too embarrassed to admit it which is fine they'll get over that through time. There's been palyers who are still running to the cross and are like well I didnt know. It comes down to players paying attention. Seriously.

Look. If DPS can't pull anything over what DPS reqs were in level 50 when we're at level 60 I don't know what to do to help them. If players can't pay attention to the encounter's mechanics even after I've told them about it, it's not the game's fault. When healers don't know their class enough to know to put kolto probes on the tanks. then I just don't know.

There is a serious issue with player skill, and it's not because UL is too hard. It's because they need to just do a little more. And, I dont think that's unfair of me to ask of them. What's horribly unfair is the fact that people such as me who start these pug groups have to literally 4-5 man these bosses just so someone else can have their fun. I mean I'm cool with it for the most part. But, that doesn't mean it's right.

TL DR UL is FINE in it's current form. Players pay more attention, and don't shy away from trying to grow and get better. Oh I forgot, story mean story yada yada yada.

He's been nerfed.

It should have like 20-30% health and damage nerf to be compared with other bosses in story mode. I know that feel when you are in good raiding guild and can kill him with eyes closed, but remember that 90% of community are casuals who can't even see the last content boss because of underlurker. I would like to see this game living as long as possible.

I've failed on UL a few the past two weeks. And I can tell ya a lot of people blame bugs when really they're not doing the mechanics properly. The cross phase works if people are in the right spots. The adds go down insanely fast even if you're doing bogus dps numbers if people focus the same adds and have a plan of attack (first wave of adds door to exit, second wave exit to door for instance). You really don't take damage while in the green safe zone, if you're taking damage you're running to the zone, or you're not in it. I've witnessed tons of players not even go for the rocks for cover and then go "well they didn't show up, I didnt know". They were tunneling the boss and too embarrassed to admit it which is fine they'll get over that through time. There's been palyers who are still running to the cross and are like well I didnt know. It comes down to players paying attention. Seriously.

I agree that bugs are not the reason why people fail on him. The mechanic, damage output, enrage timer is simply too HARD for story mode. I dropped WoW a month and half ago with 5/10 mythics closed, and there was no such bane like here on story mode on underlurker. Make it hard on hm, I don't care. But why story mode.

TL DR UL is FINE in it's current form. Players pay more attention, and don't shy away from trying to grow and get better. Oh I forgot, story mean story yada yada yada.

Players would just abandon the game. I followed a lot of mmos for ten years, and I can say unnecessary difficulty has NEVER make the game better. Look at the wildstar as good example of it. It was announced as hardcore game for hardcore players, but the player base has simply died much faster than in any mmo. Some players like you still write on forums that everything is fine, f*ck casuals, while the game is empty and dead

Edited by onegoldpls

but we 4 manned it already before they reduced the hp of adds, do you want them to make it a complete joke ?

oups and most of casual players who just want to complete weekly mission. I could only kill him with 1 of 10 groups on this week which was fully 192-198 geared..

you should transfer to a server that's not full of bads

Edited by invertioN

I agree that bugs are not the reason why people fail on him. The mechanic, damage output, enrage timer is simply too HARD for story mode. I dropped WoW a month and half ago with 5/10 mythics closed, and there was no such bane like here on story mode on underlurker. Make it hard on hm, I don't care. But why story mode.

Come on. kill adds don't stand in red circle; stand in left side or right side of green cross, get behind rock on a long duration cast from boss; move boss to corner away from adds after fourth wave dies are too hard for people in theory? Those are the types of mechanics that have been seen throughout this game. They're not new.

I also think people get so hooked on the title, I've said this before, of "storymode". It's end game content. End. Game. Content. If we want to get a horribly dumbed down version of things that reminds me of tactical flashpoints, which no thank you. No. No. No. No. No.

I'm on the same server as you. What side are you? I want to add you in friends, go with you, and want to see how you make a group next reset with pugs and, of course, kill it. Answer me, otherwise you are cocky trash poster. I have geared characters on two sides.

Come on. kill adds don't stand in red circle; stand in left side or right side of green cross, get behind rock on a long duration cast from boss; move boss to corner away from adds after fourth wave dies are too hard for people in theory? Those are the types of mechanics that have been seen throughout this game. They're not new.

I also think people get so hooked on the title, I've said this before, of "storymode". It's end game content. End. Game. Content. If we want to get a horribly dumbed down version of things that reminds me of tactical flashpoints, which no thank you. No. No. No. No. No.

You don't even read what i posted. It can be super endest content of the end game or whatever. I really hope developers won't listen players like you and let this game go into oblivion with other mmos.

Edited by onegoldpls

I

Players would just abandon the game. I followed a lot of mmos for ten years, and I can say unnecessary difficulty has NEVER make the game better. Look at the wildstar as good example of it. It was announced as hardcore game for hardcore players, but the player base has simply died much faster than in any mmo. Some players like you still write on forums that everything is fine, f*ck casuals, while the game is empty and dead

This one hundred percent incorrect. There are plenty of players in this game who I consider casual. If I were against casuals I wouldn't be organizing pug runs on fleet. I wouldn't be trying to help people out when they don't know something. The fact is there is a sub set of players who hide behind this casual designation thinking that it's their get out of jail free card. They don't have to do anything because they're "casual". It's fine that they spew out 800 dps or 900 hps because they're casual, and games should be fun. They're spouting bumper sticker material so that they can justify being lazy in game. Being bad is one thing, that's quickly fixable. Being an ignoramus is completely another separate issue altogether. What a lot of these so called casuals, and they're not casuals in my book, fail to realize is that there's a chunk of players who like operations because it's more challenging than flashpoints, but they don't want to deal with the added mental focus required for hardmode to night mare mode content or the time commitments for that kind of progression raiding. Those are true casual players my friend. And by in large, they are clearing Underlurker more often than not. But, let's ruin what that sub set thinks is fun because the players who want to hide behind the casual label want more and more avenues for them to do nothing good for the game or it's community.

Also there are posters like you who say things just to say things. This game is FAR from empty and dead. Granted if you're on my server of POT5 the claim can be made that we're in a bad situation, but for the most part all servers outside of the pvp ones are doing just fine, and the game is making money.

Edit: If you're on POT5 PM me here and I'll legit take you through ToS, and I'll do everything I can to help you. You may not like hearing what tips I give you, but none the less I want better players in this game, and I have zero issue helping anyone.

Edited by Shwarzchild

I'm on the same server as you. What side are you? I want to add you in friends, go with you, and want to see how you make a group next reset with pugs and, of course, kill it. Answer me, otherwise you are cocky trash poster. I have geared characters on two sides.

I don't make groups and rarely do SM, but if u want I can make a group and carry u for a few million.

I don't make groups and rarely do SM, but if u want I can make a group and carry u for a few million.

I don't need to be carried, I'm sure I'm much better than you and I simply don't want to raid with guilds now. You don't raid with pugs and have no clue what it is, so please go away.

Also there are posters like you who say things just to say things. This game is FAR from empty and dead. Granted if you're on my server of POT5 the claim can be made that we're in a bad situation, but for the most part all servers outside of the pvp ones are doing just fine, and the game is making money.

i didn't say anything about this game is dead, I was talking about wildstar. Swtor was always easy and fun(atleast story modes) in all patches except this one. It's not dead yet, but it's never late to be. I saw already plenty of people that are raging on underlurker and using alt+f4. If you think this players would play this game for a long time, you are simply wrong.

Edited by onegoldpls

I don't need to be carried, I'm sure I'm much better than you and I simply don't want to raid with guilds now. You don't raid with pugs and have no clue what it is, so please go away.

I don't know what else I expected from someone who wants underlurker to be nerfed further :rolleyes:

I'll be the one who says:

It's not UL fail You cant kill it. It's Yours/team fault.

Your comment is really tired.

That's not frankly true always. We don't get a choice of our team quality make up in the GF, and ToS is in GF every 6 days. And there should be NO logical reason why a team needs to be of higher quality just for ONE boss. So, this DOES need to be nerfed to match up with all the other bosses in ToS and Rav, which are all frankly easy compared to UL in 8 man. See, UL keeps the ToS GF nearly dead on that day. It is about consistency, and there is NO logical reason why UL should be this "hard" but the end boss REVAN is a joke. On the day of ToS being in GF all you see on fleet is "LFM for ToS 8m GF at UL". Again and again and again, all because this boss is too "hard" for a SM boss and kills 90% of all pug groups. Period.

So yes, it DOES need to be "nerfed" to match up with the entire rest of the raid. HM is where the challenge should be, not just one boss in SM. It is also tiring to read peoples obvious elitist ego complex about this boss, people who are lucky enough to have a consistent quality raid group and have zero understanding as to what we are even talking about and just come on here to gloat.

Edited by DarthVengeant

fight requires like 2.5k dps from each dd, pre adds hp nerf.

a commando does like 1.6k with his basic attack alone.

only 1 of 10 groups you were OP had decent dps.

it's l2p or kick those players who cannot bring 2.5k dps..

fight requires like 2.5k dps from each dd, pre adds hp nerf.

a commando does like 1.6k with his basic attack alone.

only 1 of 10 groups you were OP had decent dps.

it's l2p or kick those players who cannot bring 2.5k dps..

it's not easy to find people who won't fail on cross and do good dps.

This game is not that big, you can kick and kick people, but soon you won't find anyone to kick again.

Bring 5 DPS just have 1 with taunt.

Or better yet. Roll 5 AP PTs with Reflective Shield and Pyro Shield and Sonic Rebound every cross.

Muhahaahahaha murder

Why would you need a second taunt?... It's story mode.

Why would you need a second taunt?... It's story mode.

Should Clarify. 5 DPS for all of Storymode. Just to taunt Kurse in Commanders final phase so he isn't jumping around to much.

The damage output on walkers is low enough a DPS can tank walker 2

Edited by FerkWork

You don't raid with pugs and have no clue what it is, so please go away.

Here I did a pug run just for you.

pug (+ 1 guildmate pls dont kill me)

underlurker

And btw the guy who is dead in the picture was a sentinel who was completely clueless about what he is doing in the ops and about sentinel rotation, he died before and during first cross. We wiped once because of him pretty much.

1/1 this week :rak_03:

Here I did a pug run just for you.

pug (+ 1 guildmate pls dont kill me)

underlurker

And btw the guy who is dead in the picture was a sentinel who was completely clueless about what he is doing in the ops and about sentinel rotation, he died before and during first cross. We wiped once because of him pretty much.

1/1 this week :rak_03:

Why is your Keybind 2 and 3 the same?

Edited by FerkWork