Crew Skills - Are they worth it?

Legassi

I've recently chosen on Armormech, Scavenging and Underworld trading as my Crew skills and have been leveling them up appropriately using my companions when I need them least, eg. Warzones.

As a Bountyhunter, credits are always on my mind and I was wondering whether paying the credits for my companions to do these jobs was worth it while still leveling.

So far I have not made any profit from any of my Crew Skills, as i'm sure that will change further along the line, I want to make sure I have enough credits stored for necessities such a s a speeder and training abilities etc.

Could anyone offer any advice on this, whether to do Crew Skills while leveling or not, or to only pay for the cheapest option of the skills etc.

Thank you!

I am currently going down the artifice route with my Guardian, and it has been very useful to keep my Lightsaber up to date with my level.

However, one of my gathering skills, Treasure hunting, is only partially useful for me.

In this respect, I am considering take up slicing (a pure profit making mission skill), and dropping treasure hunting until level 25. This way I can buy my speeder training, and I'll then be able to send 3 companions out on the field at once to level my treasure hunting back up faster than I could before anyway.

Slicing makes the most money especially once you have leveled it up. I am personally making a decent amount of income from treasure hunting. Once you get it around the 200 level and you send your companion out on quests for bountiful or rich yield lockboxes you can get some good loot back. I made 10k from the GTN last night alone from selling 3 blue mid 20's items. You still wont make as much as slicing but slicing is a little over the top right now.

I am currently going down the artifice route with my Guardian, and it has been very useful to keep my Lightsaber up to date with my level.

However, one of my gathering skills, Treasure hunting, is only partially useful for me.

In this respect, I am considering take up slicing (a pure profit making mission skill), and dropping treasure hunting until level 25. This way I can buy my speeder training, and I'll then be able to send 3 companions out on the field at once to level my treasure hunting back up faster than I could before anyway.

I found artificing to fall to 'useless' status after it became so time and money intensive to reverse engineer my way to my level appropriate blues and/or purples at around level 25 or so. Also I could get more appropriate and similiar quality gear in way less time by doing flashpoints while earning xp, darkside and social.

I would imagine that it won't again be useful until i'm level 50 and trying to gear up for operations.

My 2 credits.

Edited by parnell

As the game currently stands it depends what you wana do. Basicly Orange gear armor and weapons can just be upgraded with Mods to make it better. SO everything from your very first orange armor or weapon from lvl 1 can still be a nasty item at lvl 50.

The mods that come from Arty and cybertech is what make the gear from synth/arms and armor good. SO do you want to make the gear people are putting upgrades into or the upgrades people are putting into gear?

Alot of people thing that Arms amor and synth are a waste but from what I understand end game these become very nice with alot of BoP gear for the makers.