Gree In-Game Event Returns

No you can't get to Legend in 5 days. You can only get 12000 (13410 if you use items correctly) rep points a week. So if you are just starting you can't even get to Friend in the first week. It takes 6 weeks of the event to get to Legend no matter how many characters you use to get there.

This is why it's lame to only have the event for 1 week this time. Make it 2.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how high reputation level can you achieve in one week? Passed on this the last time it was out so this will be my first go round with it. Friend status? Champion? I assume Legend will be out of the question do to the weekly cap.

I'd like to see a more positive vibe on the part of players and forum responses in general. It's the player's responsibility to maintain the overall feel of this game. Content developers can't implement changes that impact the way, say, folks on the fleet respond to basic questions from new players. Sarcasm and pointed insults have become the norm. Complaining about revisiting Gree yields no bounty. Some of us really do want to level up our Gree reputation. Thank you for making that possible. When this game started, the community was friendly. Gen chat had more to offer than mom jokes. What have you given to the game, lately?

And having a short term event,that repeats will help keep players subbed, and not all of us are "POWER" gamers,that live on the servers, I will be playing my 55 a few times during the week ,but I am NOT rushing to get to the top of the rep.

With the weekly maintenance happening on Wednesday of next week due to the holiday, has there been any indication when the Gree event will end? Will it end Tuesday morning when weeklies usually reset? Or with the maintenance patch on Wednesday morning?

Indeed it appears to only be a week long event this time.

Worry not however. When it returns again in a couple of weeks then you'll be all able to reach Legend and get all of the "cool rewards".

Don't see the point in this being an "event" BW. Either make it something special - so let it run twice maybe a year or leave it up constantly.

Anyone know what time this event is starting... their is a bunch of people on ilum that have no idea and so their just waiting. i looked in the forums and read a bunch of stuff and i didn't see an actual time:confused: :csw_jabba:

2 hours from when my reply has been published. :)

Complainers will always complain!

Personally, I'm thankful that the event has returned since I missed it last time due to work. I just wish that it were longer. I'm a casual player and just don't have the time to dump lots of hours into the game every day, unlike a lot of other folks apparently. So, I'll take whatever I can get.

Why only 1 week? Those of us who are new to the event won't even be able to buy any Gree items.

I agree heartily -- please keep this in place till 2.2 launches, that way those of us who missed it earlier can get some nice toys too.

If I go all-out this week with my 4 characters at 50+, I can probably "store up" enough reputation to have enough reputation saved up to hit Champion in 3 weeks, but bleh, it really shouldn't be necessary.

As to why this event returns while the Chevin scavenger hunt and the Rakghoul event haven't, this one actually has an in-game reason for returning but the others don't. The Cheving thing in particular was supposed to be a prelude to the Return of the Gree anyway, and they are now here -- as per the Terror from Beyond operation. (IMO, It probably wouldn't hurt to see a Gree-themed Flashpoint in addition to that).

I know these events must take a lot of planning and implementation work, so that one-off events will probably not be part of the business model from now on, but please don't abandon them! :)

Edited by Ancaglon

Why only 1 week? Those of us who are new to the event won't even be able to buy any Gree items.

Yeh this :(

I wasn't able to join the first gree event and was so bummed about it, as I loved the look of the new armors. When I saw that the event was returning I was so exited, only to log in and find out I wouldn't be able to get friend standing in 7 days.

Meh.

I understand the disapointment of some with recycling a former event. I, however, am VERY glad the GREE event has returned. I started shortly before the Gree event started & wasnt able to take part in it. Now I'm lvl 45 (bottom tier I know) & will be able to actually do some of these event missions. :D

Already got every item from every event in the game.

Now you're bringing it back again.

Why not bring back all the rewards from the other events that everybody missed?

Nobody is going to feel unique now. Same thing with the white colour crystal...

It doesnt mean anything to have anything in game anymore.

Awww. Is this little snowflaking feeling a bit too similar to the other little snowflakes?

I'd like to see a more positive vibe on the part of players and forum responses in general. It's the player's responsibility to maintain the overall feel of this game. Content developers can't implement changes that impact the way, say, folks on the fleet respond to basic questions from new players. Sarcasm and pointed insults have become the norm. Complaining about revisiting Gree yields no bounty. Some of us really do want to level up our Gree reputation. Thank you for making that possible. When this game started, the community was friendly. Gen chat had more to offer than mom jokes. What have you given to the game, lately?

My money...and expect better return.

Unless this event is being presented /INSTEAD/ of a content update, you all need to stop complaining.

We just had the 2.1 update, and 2.2. is billed for early June, and people are ************ that this is happening instead of new content. It isn't. It's happening (yes, again) in addition to new content, following the usual new content schedule.

The sense of entitlement people have for paying $15 a month (presuming all of the whiners are subs- which I doubt) is quite astounding.

It's perfectly acceptable to complain, but try to use an iota of reason when you do so. Grossly unrealistic expectations don't help anyone.

$15 doesn't buy lunch where I live. Get real.

$15 x 1 Million + buys new content where I live (realistic).