New Player - PVE levelling with PT Pyro

SolUmber

Looking for comments on a list of builds I found on another forum. Are these still good? Will following a plan like this really maximize my dps? I do not always have to have the optimal setup, but would like to be killing as quickly as possible.

I am a new player (1st Character) and I decided to go with a BH to learn the game. I am pretty casual player and although I love to group, will probably do most of my playing either in pick up groups or alone.

Also I like the survivability of a tank, but I would like to kill thinks quick while leveling and the pyro seemed like it was for me.

I found the below builds referenced on the Noxxic forums that I am going to attempt to follow as I level, at least until I learn from experience. The post was a little dated, but if anyone has some tips a the new guys (on Red Eclipse) then your advice would be much appreciated.

Levels 10-12:

Levels 13-14:

Level 15-17:

Level 18-19:

Level 20:

Level 21-22:

Level 23-24:

Level 25:

Level 26-28

Level 29-30

Level 31-34

Level 35-37

Level 38-39

Level 40

Level 41-42

Level 43-44

Level 45

Level 46-48

Level 49-50

Level 51

Level 52-54

Edited by SolUmber
Grammar

I'd actually recommend levels 10-24 be done in tactics, and after that respec to assault and just keep with it.

Use the following level order:

10-19

20-21

22-24

26-32

35-45

46-55

Oh and stay away from noxxic for DPS guides for anything. If PvPing, use Koozie's guide found here (skill tree wise, move volatile ignitor to sweltering heat, use sweltering heat instead of Gyroscopic Alignment Jets to get to Prototype Particle Accelerator), and if PvEing, use my guide (found in my sig, Translation to Pyro coming Soon™. Its the Assault guide.)

Edited by TACeMossie

• 1 month later...

Not to necro a month+ old thread (IMO it's better than making ANOTHER of these, and it was still on the front page), but I'm about to start leveling a PT. I already have leveled a Vanguard to 55, and a Jugg/Assassin to 50+. In all these cases, I leveled my char as a tank, with a healer companion (usually treek, though for the PT I'll probably stick with Mako to avoid Treek's babbling and BEEEESSSS).

From what I've been reading, a lot of people claim the tank/healer combo a waste and I should either do it as DPS with a healer companion, or even double dps. And with the 2.8 changes and how old some of these threads are, I'm not sure what's still relevant. I know Pyro got buffed, but is stronger single-target with high build-up. AP doesn't really come into it's own until later.

Does anyone see a real problem with leveling as shield? I have a free field respec so I can freely respec to tank for FPs while leveling.

Edited by xyrmagus

Not to necro a month+ old thread (IMO it's better than making ANOTHER of these, and it was still on the front page), but I'm about to start leveling a PT. I already have leveled a Vanguard to 55, and a Jugg/Assassin to 50+. In all these cases, I leveled my char as a tank, with a healer companion (usually treek, though for the PT I'll probably stick with Mako to avoid Treek's babbling and BEEEESSSS).

From what I've been reading, a lot of people claim the tank/healer combo a waste and I should either do it as DPS with a healer companion, or even double dps. And with the 2.8 changes and how old some of these threads are, I'm not sure what's still relevant. I know Pyro got buffed, but is stronger single-target with high build-up. AP doesn't really come into it's own until later.

Does anyone see a real problem with leveling as shield? I have a free field respec so I can freely respec to tank for FPs while leveling.

I've always found that leveling as the spec you wish to play allows for the easiest learning curve for the class. Shieldtech is how I leveled, and it made it so when I didn't feel like fighting mobs and just wanted to run past I could due to my mitigation and Mako throwing heals every now and then. Turn companion on/off passive while running to evade and keep them from you and from her dying. You'll get the timing down. Also, nobody expects guard swaps in lowbie pvp. Nobody.

That being said, leveling pyro is faster and it starts to shine in its twenties. AP needs immolate or you'll overheat a lot and not do enough damage to be satisfied. Ultimately my advice is to play what you like, just so long as you don't level as AP. :rak_tongue:

Edited by AxeDragoneth

Thanks for the advice! What I think I'll do is level/gear as pyro, and just spec swap to shield if I want to do FPs. The way I see it, tank gearing doesn't really matter for lowbie FPs, and overleveling the FP is far superior to proper gearing. Once I get to Makeb I can swap over and make a decision.

Ultimately my advice is to play what you like, just so long as you don't level as AP. :rak_tongue:

Bah! Some days I feel like the only one who levels with AP post level 31

Just level with what you like or what you want to learn for end game.

• 2 weeks later...