$40 for a single lightsaber

Hexxim

If you want the Dark Honor Guard's Lightsaber, it's 5500 coins or $40, then add on top the unlock cost account wide and you get the idea.

Whoever came up with the pricing, do you honestly believe that $40 for a SINGLE weapon is ok?

Yes, i was very incredibly excited for the ability to purchase individual items on the CM, and i do believe this was a step in the right direction, but that does not offset the price tag you're slapping on things.I usually try to give the benefit of a doubt or even just see things from the other side and while i agree that this is a business and it's about making money, FFS, this is outright greed.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want the Dark Honor Guard's Lightsaber, it's 5500 coins or $40, then add on top the unlock cost account wide and you get the idea.

Whoever came up with the pricing, do you honestly believe that $40 for a SINGLE weapon is ok?

Yes, i was very incredibly excited for the ability to purchase individual items on the CM, and i do believe this was a step in the right direction, but that does not offset the price tag you're slapping on things.I usually try to give the benefit of a doubt or even just see things from the other side and while i agree that this is a business and it's about making money, FFS, this is outright greed.

Welcome to the FTP/Microtransaction revenue model.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Don't like it - don't buy it. If enough people pay 5500cc for it, BW will assume that's a reasonable price and keep selling things at that price point. First direct-sale saber was some 7600cc IIRC. People apparently weren't willing to pay that, and the price went down.

If, however, more people do agree that 5500cc is reasonable, and BW makes a decent amount of cash at that price point, you may be S O L :rak_03:

So don't buy it.

BW and the greedy GTN speculators will continue to inflate prices until people stop buying the things for ridiculous prices.

There are still, as far as I know, zero advantages to buying CM items, it is just vanity.. That lightsaber no better than the free lightsabers you get playing the story/game.

That pricing is actually a bit better then normal for the highly desired sabers in the past. Would I spend 50-70M in credits to buy one off the GTN? Maybe..... I certainly can afford to if I want to... but it will ultimately depend on my need and want.

Nothing says you have to buy direct using CCs. People can and will be buying these and listing them on the GTNs for credits as they will be a popular CC-2-Credits conversion item for people looking to build in game credit pools for other uses. This price point of 5500 means they will list on the GTNs for 50-70M... sure some will list higher.. but buyers are savvy and know the fair market exchange rates for CCs-2-Credits and will hold fairly close to that and wait out the market as players fall over themselves to undercut each other.

Would I spend those kinds of CCs on any item.. ANY item? No. Then again.. I don't have to either.

Edited by Andryah

What's with everyone saying "then don't buy it". Did i mention i'm buying it anyways? Did you think that not buying it would never occur to me? When someone says "i'm hungry, do you say "eat food"? What if you're into OPS and OPS sucked at that time, if you made a post about it would you want to get "then don't play OPS"? I know i'm being a pain here but let's just stop with the "Then don't buy it" answer.

To other responses, i believe i was taking a break around the time of the first vented saber hitting the CM so i'm in the cold on what the reaction was. I can only assume by what you folks said, that it was not great.

I just want my Star Wars fix :(

What's with everyone saying "then don't buy it". Did i mention i'm buying it anyways? Did you think that not buying it would never occur to me? When someone says "i'm hungry, do you say "eat food"? What if you're into OPS and OPS sucked at that time, if you made a post about it would you want to get "then don't play OPS"? I know i'm being a pain here but let's just stop with the "Then don't buy it" answer.

To other responses, i believe i was taking a break around the time of the first vented saber hitting the CM so i'm in the cold on what the reaction was. I can only assume by what you folks said, that it was not great.

I just want my Star Wars fix :(

They're very fond of the CM. It's the same as when you say you dislike A aspect of game, out of B, C, D, and E aspects, they tell you, "why are you playing the game if you don't like it." But I agree with them sometimes. Don't buy it then.

Edited by ThomasStarWars

Meh...it's ridiculous, but someone will buy it. If that's what someone want's to spend their money on, great...I think it's stupid, but I also know I'd prefer to pay real money for something I want vs gambling for it eternally.

You're ignorant, so let me help you.

The argument is NOT about if i should buy the items or not, it's about the pricing they are putting on items. Even if you have no interest taking part in something doesn't mean you can't see and understand how messed up something is.

I never said i wanted to buy that lightsaber, not at all. You ASSUMED that i did and made hostile replies aimed at me instead of seeing the issue that was being discussed.

Next time, approach things with a bit more rationality.

Is it better to spend $40 on the lightsaber you want, or $40 on packs for a chance to get it? I really don't see the problem with direct sales at all.

They wouldn't sell it for that price if no one was buying it. And if people feel a lightsaber in a game is worth that much, hey, who am I to judge. It's their money and if that's what makes them happy, let them go for it.

I personally won't be buying a weapon that expensive. I'm just hoping that the direct sales mean I get to buy a cavern varactyl, hopefully for a little more reasonable price.

Is it better to spend $40 on the lightsaber you want, or $40 on packs for a chance to get it? I really don't see the problem with direct sales at all.

Check my replies above, i agree with the direct sale. It's the pricing on individual items i have an issue with.

I'm probably going to pass on the platinum rarity sabers at this price point, but they've put other sabers up at this cost before....

Yeah same. I'm not convinced of the longevity of the game to invest this kind of cash anymore.

You're ignorant, so let me help you.

The argument is NOT about if i should buy the items or not, it's about the pricing they are putting on items. Even if you have no interest taking part in something doesn't mean you can't see and understand how messed up something is.

I never said i wanted to buy that lightsaber, not at all. You ASSUMED that i did and made hostile replies aimed at me instead of seeing the issue that was being discussed.

Next time, approach things with a bit more rationality.

Right, you're not talking about how you want to spend your money, you just created a thread for the purpose of criticizing / being judgmental about how other people are spending their money.

Yeah, clearly Porsa is the ignorant one here. :rolleyes:

Edited by DarthDymond

I told you guys when you were all demanding that everything go to direct sale that you would pay increased prices. Because with the RNG of crates some people get an item quickly, other don't ever see the item.. So it works out and they make more money.. Direct sale means they have to compensate for the loss of RNG.. I was told I was wrong, but I'm not.

I'm always refer direct sale rather than gambling with RNG box but I agreed with other that the price is out of whack, at this point I'm just farming credit and buy the item I wanted from GTN. Also, nowadays major players are in middle age and older, so money is not an issue to those players. BW aim to milk money out of those players base rather aim to sale to whole game community. If they are lower the price of direct sale to 500~1000 cc then they would sell more, and will kill the inflation price of cartel market item on GTN same time (1 shot 2 targets).