Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get rid of normal mode

Beergogglez
02.19.2012 , 07:11 AM | #1
get rid of this joke of a mode. Raids are not supposed to be normal..it just drops too much gear. Considering you can skip HM 4 mans and jump right into the normal is foolish. Keep hardmode and nightmare mode . why am i telling you common sense?

ademnus
02.19.2012 , 09:35 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Beergogglez View Post
get rid of this joke of a mode. Raids are not supposed to be normal..it just drops too much gear. Considering you can skip HM 4 mans and jump right into the normal is foolish. Keep hardmode and nightmare mode . why am i telling you common sense?
common sense? You mean nonsense.

This is just hapless elitism at its worst, devs.
translation
Will the owner of a gray Death Star please move your non-moon planet-killing spacestation? You're blocking a fire hydrant.

Menisong
02.19.2012 , 09:38 AM | #3
Nope, we want normal mode to stay...in fact they could make it easier and just call it story mode. By putting in an easy easy mode it allows the "casual" to see the content and at the same time allows the devs 2 more modes to raise the difficulty level. Anyone who raids knows that normal mode doesnt even count as raiding....its jjust seeing the content.

Aestel
02.19.2012 , 10:23 AM | #4
I think renaming the difficulty settings story, normal and hard would make it a bit clearer what their intended level of difficulty is meant to be and ecourage the non-raiders to try the basic difficulty setting. It might also make it clearer that raiders really should be looking at the middle setting as the entry level difficulty.

silverprovidence
02.19.2012 , 10:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Menisong View Post
Nope, we want normal mode to stay...in fact they could make it easier and just call it story mode. By putting in an easy easy mode it allows the "casual" to see the content and at the same time allows the devs 2 more modes to raise the difficulty level. Anyone who raids knows that normal mode doesnt even count as raiding....its jjust seeing the content.
Yea. Normal as a base level is fine. The point of the original post is geared towards loot rewards mostly, which I agree with pretty much because bioware have made a pretty poor choice in mixing up the tionese/columi/rakata stuff between difficulties in my view. I would rather not have difficulties, mostly because I like my MMOs to be a continuous 'world'. Some stuff easy some stuff hard.

But if your going to do difficulties... do it right. WOW when it implemented difficulties dithered over how it was supposed to be. Either normal was faceroll easy or it was genuinely difficult. Either way it either shut out either the middle tier of people skill wise or the people who are genuinely uncommital and couldnt hack the more tightly tuned normal modes. Having a normal mode thats literally laugh out loud faceroll sorts that.

Problem with it at the moment is the shuffled rewards are a bit silly and difficulty on the higher end is too low rather than normal mode itself.
'Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. The heated mind resents the chill touch and relentless scrutiny of logic' - William Ewart Gladstone.

Menisong
02.19.2012 , 10:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by silverprovidence View Post
Problem with it at the moment is the shuffled rewards are a bit silly and difficulty on the higher end is too low rather than normal mode itself.
Yeah, I do not understand why they designed the loot system the way they did between normal, hard, and nightmare. However, I think it just speaks to how undesigned and undertested end game is in this game. I expect complete overhauls in the game systems department, from operation loot, companions, crew skills, gear item mods, class balance...etc. Get ready for patch xx "holy crap" they changed everything patch.

silverprovidence
02.19.2012 , 10:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Menisong View Post
Yeah, I do not understand why they designed the loot system the way they did between normal, hard, and nightmare. However, I think it just speaks to how undesigned and undertested end game is in this game. I expect complete overhauls in the game systems department, from operation loot, companions, crew skills, gear item mods, class balance...etc. Get ready for patch xx "holy crap" they changed everything patch.
Hope they do it when they rewire all the gear so its fully moddable. If your going to address imbalances in the reward systems makes sense to do it then when your making such a sweeping change to the items. At the moment the system is really out of whack.
'Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. The heated mind resents the chill touch and relentless scrutiny of logic' - William Ewart Gladstone.

Karkais
02.19.2012 , 10:42 AM | #8
Normal mode operations are fine. Their automatic loot assignment is not.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

ademnus
02.19.2012 , 11:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Normal mode operations are fine. Their automatic loot assignment is not.
actually, i like it. No loot council, no rolls you find out later were mistakes and need GM help to fix, no jealpousy, arguments, elitism or favoritism.

This works fine. Dont change it.
translation
Will the owner of a gray Death Star please move your non-moon planet-killing spacestation? You're blocking a fire hydrant.

NotSevv
02.19.2012 , 11:56 AM | #10
The whole point of normal mode is for it to be pugged, I wish we could master loot it tho as we run them to gear out our new 50s.