Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Strategies to avoid rushers in flashpoints?

JediQuaker
08.21.2019 , 10:19 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "rushers" and "rushing".
Generally speaking, "rushers" not only skip mobs and bonuses, but they also tend to constantly use their Rocket Boost to go even faster.
Personally, I'm almost never in a rush - I'm just as happy to do a total clear - but I'm good either way.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

TarisKnight
08.31.2019 , 03:55 AM | #12
Sorry for not responding earlier - I have been "afk" for some days.
Many thanks for these very helpful advices - I will definitely follow them. Asking really never hurts, and I also noticed in the past that many players do understand, and some even like it.

Just to clarify what I mean by rusher/skipper (maybe the words are poorly chosen): for me it is the opposite to completionist. For example, I am a completionist - that is I do everything, every quest, explore every corner - and specifically in relation to op or flashpoint it means that I like to do all the bonus, kill a big part (not all) of the adversaries, listen to the dialogues without skipping.
A Skipper or rusher for me is someone who obviously either doesn´t have much available time to play, or does not really enjoy the "way", but wants to get as quickly as possible to the "goal" - and thus skips content all the way (bonus, sidequests, dialogues etc.). I am not really critizicing this, it is just the opposite of what I like.

AlrikFassbauer
08.31.2019 , 09:52 AM | #13
I miss slow runs. Those with no "skip pls". Everyone's in such a hurry these days.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

KendraP
09.01.2019 , 09:41 AM | #14
My only problem, generally speaking, with having to do every little thing inside an op or FP is that I've done them all countless times already. Why do I want to say, watch all the cutscenes in esseles for the 50,000th time or whatever? Why would I want to say, take the time for a bonus boss thats not worth conquesr points in a max level group?

There are exceptions of course, should it be someones first time and they want to see it and they're otherwise cooperating, fine. But just so that one guy that's also seen it 50,000 times can see it all again for the 50,001th time? No thanks, I'll take my conquest points and move along.

Basically, the content dearth has deeply hit the motivation to repeat the same things over and over and over again. I've done every fp/op/whatever on every class, multiple times over.

But then, I've been told I go too slow for some people too, and I skip every cutscene and only pull necessary mobs. Some people just can't be appeased.

JediQuaker
09.01.2019 , 11:08 AM | #15
Although I don't mind doing a complete clear, bonus bosses, etc, on occasion, I have to agree with the above poster that watching a cutscene - especially a long one - for the 50th time, can be very tiresome.

It's still basically true that doing the FPs in solo mode or with a guild/friend group is the best way to do all the content and watch all cutscenes. Insisting on watching cutscenes is just as unfriendly as spamming "SPACEBAR!".

Ardrossan
09.01.2019 , 11:37 AM | #16
I'm fine with watching the cutscenes for all non-solo FPs, and they also tend not to be dialogue heavy. If I ever do the rakghoul FPs, for instance, I'd like to watch the dialogue for those.

I'm a little more baffled when people insist on watching for like, The Foundry. But aside from telling people to spacebar at the beginning - someone in another thread suggested 'free drinks at the spacebar after the mission' which I've happily appropriated - I don't make a thing of it. In one Foundry run recently, when we got to the first Revan cutscene, everyone claimed they were spacebarring but someone evidently wasn't. The sniper ended up esc the convo to force us to do it again faster, then ragequit when we didn't like that.

I skip mobs wherever I can, with the exception of Athiss. You know the part I mean, along the wall, someone [usually me] always gets /stuck on that sequence. It's easier just to kill the mobs. Also, on Battle of Rishi, there's apparently a way for stealthers to click the consoles without triggering the mobs, but I've never been able to figure it out. Again, just kill the mobs and move on.

Now otoh I had someone during Battle of Ilum who, when asked to skip mobs said 'then how will you level your character?' lol, guy was a 70 too.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

JediQuaker
09.01.2019 , 12:00 PM | #17
Saying something like "free drinks at the spacebar" or "spacebar is your friend" etc are too vague and some people may not even know they can "spacebar". I think that typing (or having a keybind) that says something more specific like "You can press SPACEBAR to skip conversations" can be both helpful and less aggressive.

Rolodome
09.01.2019 , 05:54 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Saying something like "free drinks at the spacebar" or "spacebar is your friend" etc are too vague and some people may not even know they can "spacebar". I think that typing (or having a keybind) that says something more specific like "You can press SPACEBAR to skip conversations" can be both helpful and less aggressive.
I just keep it simple as "spacebar please" if I say it at all, but maybe I should be saying "to skip conversation" or the like. I agree that being too vague could just cause confusion. Especially if it's a case of a new player who doesn't know.

The one that cracks me up though, is if someone says it along the lines of like "s plz" or something (I forget the actual way I've seen it done, but some kind of shorthand like that) to the point that it's nearly impossible to decipher what they mean unless you already know.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Kraysk
09.11.2019 , 03:24 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Generally speaking, "rushers" not only skip mobs and bonuses, but they also tend to constantly use their Rocket Boost to go even faster.
Well then i am rusher. Not only i run through FP 'like all the hounds of hell are chasing me", I'm using Rocket Boost constantly too. That's my comfortable tempo, i really enjoy speed runs.
But if someone in group asks for doing bonus or kill some non-necessary mobs i never refuse.
There is no passion…there is solely obsession.
There is no knowledge. There is solely conviction.
There is no purpose. There is solely will.
There is nothing… Only me. - Darth Ruin