Will we ever see what they desire now that we have a new Producer?PLEASE READ KEITH

LordAppius

Might as well let somethign out of my chest and hope that Keith (apparently he has been baptized as the new saviour :rak_03:) reads or sees this thread.

So first things first. I think it is clear enough that players are disappointed with a lot of things that have happened since 4.0 and 5.0, personally the lack of information from the dev team, the lack of communication, and the mediocre twitches that were presented. I think this could have been improved throughout the years if Bioware, or at least the producers heard and communicated with us, the players, a little more.

Currently it is not just the pve community that is pissed, but the pvp as well (probably both are for different reasons since 3.0). But lets try to see the issues (or at least from my point of view that are given weight to this claims:

Regarding the pve community and our most common complains (mine specially) and what we would want:

- we would like to have access to more flashpoints, like the goold old ones or even some as the pre SoR story line, they were nice. I would actually like to see flashpoints that are not directly linked to the story of our characters, something to let us know the state of the galaxy, what is happening on other places and that does not go around Vitiate and the player. There were some flashpoints, that did a good job with this. I liked Lost Island for example, Athiss, and other more. I would like to see some iconic star war places that we will probably never see, which is such a shame, there is enough lore to create content for this game;

-personally i think the producers do not keep tabs on the stuff they create. Throughout the years some characters appeared, were part of the story and then never mentioned again, For instance Jakarro and his bodyless version of C2N2. When Shadow of Revan was concluded they both had a little dialogue saying there were going back to Kashyck, i for once though we would see it as a planet (and if Keith reads this do not make instance planets like manaan, that is horrible, a great place that could have been used in a complete different way but was completly wasted, the same with Rakata Prime, which is only a fp and now an uprising, but should have been a planet since SoR). Not just these 2 characters but a lot more have been forgoten, specially the ones from our personal stories. When SoR was launched we all had one class story to do (personally the Inquisitor one was the best on my book). We would like to see some characters from our class stories back into game, but they have been completly ignored since vanilla.

- New planets. Well this is the worst part since SoR. Although Rishy and Yavin 4 were planet they were to small. Swtor has always suffered from a huge problem, the planets are way to boring to make us go there again. Maybe new players will disagree but swtor has no sense of exploration, it has huge buildings where most rooms are locked or you can't access to them due to a close door. I would love to see new areas where we can actually explore, have something more interesting to do than to just go there once, and this brings me to my next point, missions and how tedious they are.

-so missions, what can i say about them? With Iokath we've seen a new kind of missions being implemented into the game, but they are to grindy and although playing as a walker or Tyth might be fun the amount of shards that requires us to use these new features is just absurd. Not just that but the currency rate on the iokath vendors is also sad.... 1000 mats for 100 iokath shards.... cmon you can do better than that. As i said swtor missions are boring and tedious, to say the least, most missions consist in "go kill 50 reps/imps", "go kill 50 wild animals", "go kill 50 rancors", you get the point most are kill get a key and deliver, having this quests is normal but not setting 80% of the planet with killing ppl. When i used to play with my republic characters it was just wrong the amount of killing that i was forced to do, the missions lacked any depth, variety and were just not enjoyable. There might be one or 2 missions (probably more) in the game that are not kill and kill and grab a key from a dead bird (you get the point), but i would actually like to see chain missions, something as we need to discover something on planet X that will link to a mission i planet Y and therefore lead to planet W and end in planet Z, something more enticing than kill, kill, kill.

- About our companions. The 5 original ones. Well this is probably a point that most players (for those that even care) that wish and desire to get their companions back. TBH i knew from the start, and joked to aliviate the pain, that i would never see some of my companions in the next couple years. Well i ve lost them in 2015 and we are on 2017, and so far i doubt i m going to see Ashara, Jaesae, Kira, Nadia, Scourge, Khem, and many other anytime soon. This is something i would actually like to have fixed and to be brought asap. BUT, and say this in caps DO NOT MAKE THE QUESTS BORING, YOU COMPLETLY FAILED WITH QUIN AND ELARA, at this rate my interest to kill Quinn was zero, it has passed more than 4 years since he betrayed me, so meh, no interest at all in killing him. The mission for Quinn and elara were poorly designed, seems they were half finished, there was no message saying they joined the Alliance (this.... this was probably the worst thing this game ever created......), i don't see them on the base, and i doubt they will be there, not sure why.

About the companions i would actually like to see more story missions related to them, this was what made this game unique, now i have 50 meatbags as companions, most have no background story at all, every class now as a Dsashade, force users, and whatnot, it just lost the unique aspect of each class, it is just silly. I get the variety, but at least make the characters iconic or interesting or with some story and update that same story. I used to love doing the companions missions, eventhough they were short they were still a good aspect of the game and what made it interesting to play.

I was utter disappointed that elara just gave up 100 %to find the trooper dude while Quin never rested until he was locked in a prison. Quin had more heart and love for a person he once betrayed than Elara ever had.... At this point even Khem Vall likes the Inquisitor more than Elara likes the Trooper dude.

I would like to see something, that at this point i trully doubt will be implemented, but i will still give voice to it. My idea is Lana and Theron telling us that they have some clues to the whereabouts of out companions, specially the rommanced ones and that we should go and investigate. Well you can say that, at some length, this was done with the Alliance alerts, but tobe bluntly honest, most of those alerts were tedious, and yhis is being generous.

- Still about pve. I would like to see new decorations, new weapons droping from the new operations, a new operation mount and something more, well we can play as the gods, but sadly (although understandable) only on Iokath. Give something to make the players want to do the operations. Don't make it to weird, just make it appealing

There are probably a lot more issues i could adress, but if you Keith could give players what they want and if you could give us more planets, more flashpoints, more DECENT story that is related to the Empire and Republic, and not to the god knows what empire that came from the shadows.... we, and i would love it. GIVING MORE RAIDS WOULD BE AWESOME, DO NOT TAKE ANOTHER 2 YEARS TO RELEASE A RAID. ZIOST WAS THE LAST RAID BOSS TO BE RELEASED AND PLAYERS SHOUTED FOR RAIDS FOR YEARS, EVEN MUSCO SAID IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN, this is on youtube, i guess you should never promisse what you can't deliver.

- Adding new Space pve missions would be a treat as well. I, for once, used to love and still play from time to time those missions, they are enjoyable and if space pvp was something as close as that it would have been a lot better.

Now, lets talk about the pvp community. On this subject i won't write again another testament, but i would love if you could pay attention to what we, as a community want.

-We want DECENT REWARDS FOR RANKED, we want weapons, mounts, outfits, that aren't a reskined version of cartel market, we want transparency about the start and ending date of the season, not something as once Musco said "we could not give any information about it because it was linked to the new expansion" ( THIS IS AN EXCUSE AND YOU KNOW IT BETTER THAN ANYONE, you can give information without spoiling new expnasions) Season 7 was probably the worst season i ever participated, nothing was done to certain problems we all know, hackers were on full scale.

- So we want decent rewards, more maps, because the rate that you release maps it is horrible. We have received a small number of arenas, and 2 new maps, Oddessen Gounds and Quesh Hutball, that is just horrible, it should have never been released such few content throughout these years.