Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5.10.3 The Dantooine Incursion Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
5.10.3 The Dantooine Incursion Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

neosilvanus
04.20.2019 , 06:51 PM | #21
I tried desperately to get a group for heroics but no one answered me.....
Why are people trying to cheese solo all the heroic group quests? They are intended to be done in a group, and complaining that its hard to solo is silly, I'm glad its hard!

Biggest bug i noticed was the little books you pick up for the achievement just disappear when you click on then. And the imp base quick travel.

DamzTheShadow
04.20.2019 , 07:34 PM | #22
For some reason not able to post in PTS Bug Reports thread, so here it goes

Just did Rep side missions, and one mission (sorry forgot the name) the one with disarming explosives near the dam, has no explosives in the area, i checked around for awhile but nothing to disarm there (or maybe I'm blind lol)
Second thing is doing heroic without paying ransom and going to defeat the guy didn't grant the achievement <The Right Way>. Also there is a typo in description of that achievement without is spelled wihout or so

Anyway, planet looks pretty, even though its infested with dangerous imps, pirates and birds :IfYouKnowWhatIMean:

Pandoras_Jar
04.21.2019 , 02:59 AM | #23
Empire
Level 70

DAILIES

The dailies themselves were pretty straight forward and I didnít encounter any issues completing them. Iíve done them twice now over two sperate days. The Mouse Droid Daily is my favourite!

HEROICS

I was able to solo the Heroic 2 as a Merc Heals in full 248 with a level 50 DPS companion (Pierce). Though, to be fair, my companion wasn't taking any damage from the walker (he had aggro the whole encounter) so that made that fight a lot easier. Mobs were slightly tedious to deal with and the other 'bosses' before the walker were a cakewalk. Can easily be 2 manned IMO.

On the same toon/comp combo, I was also able to solo the [Heroic 4] Beware of Hugo. The mobs were quite tedious but CCing a gold then killing the weak mobs first tactic worked well except for the time I aggroed 2 mobs by accident. :/ Hugo himself was slow. I died the first attempt with him at around 10% health and my comp dying (I even combat rezzed him and he died again haha). The second and successful attempt (my comp didn't die at all) I managed with a combination of taking my comp in and out of combat to get him out of the conal attack when he had 5 stacks of Bleeding, cycling my cooldowns and using the provided medpac thingys did the trick. This heroic could be easily 2 manned by 2 competent players. I think this heroic is balanced well and should be a cakewalk for 4 players while providing some minor challenge for 1-2 players.

Havenít had time to try the other H4 yet.

ACHIEVEMENTS

I found both of the hidden miscellaneous achievements unaided. Was disappointed neither of them came with a title though.

The hidden exploration achievement I discovered unaided as well. But Iíve only found 4 out of 5 of the Ďcomponentsí to it.

(Note Iím being vague so those who want to discover these achievements for themselves arenít Ďspoiledí).

The reputation rewards arenít bad per se but there is a lack of variety. Would be nice to see other rewards besides decorations such as weapons and armour skins, pets, speeders, SPARKLE POWDER, anything fluff reallyÖ

PVP

Honestly, you all really need to get back into the habit of adding a legacy title/titles to PvP achievements. You guys havenít done that since Yavin. Itís a nice little way of enticing Open World PvP (if the title is desirable enough, think Oricon).

---

That sums it up for now. It is a lovely little zone similar in size to Darvannis. But either way, it suits the purposes of this event. I am disappointed that there isn't a PVP component to this Event given that the setting is a Rep vs. Imp conflict basically. It would also be lovely to see the Jedi Enclave brought into the game somehow in the future whether as a stronghold or a flashpoint etc.

Also, Imp Base quick travel point is bugged.
Xam Xam Mercenary BodyguardXam Xam Xami Commando Combat Medic
PvP Healers Guide to Cleansing -
5.9 Mercenary/Commando PvP Healing Guide
~ Satele Shan | SWTOR Content Creator Program Member | <Korvus/Corvus> ~

Hudlar
04.21.2019 , 02:51 PM | #24
Republic
Level 70
Quest: An Enemy Among Friends

Quote: Originally Posted by ZeridanShear View Post
The respawn timer for Quartermaster Konnari is WAY too long at 4mins 30seconds (yep, I timed it, as I despise these long respawn timer quest objectives). Please drastically lower the respawn timer or better yet - instance the building he is in. As it stands, it will be a clusterf*ck of people waiting and kill stealing. 30 seconds should be the MAXIMUM respawn timer for critical quest objectives like this.
I completely agree--I can't see any reason not to put this guy in an instance, like the one at the end of the quest. But if there's some reason not to do that, he should be summoned by a clickie with a very quick respawn time, like the Tonvarr pirate in the Gree event. Otherwise, this quest is going to be very unpleasant.

Speaking of the end of the quest, I really liked the note on the datapad, but after reading it, I expected a conversation with the traitor, with options. Of course, that kind of thing doesn't really work well as part of a repeating event, but it still seemed a little odd that I didn't have the chance to talk to him.

Phyreblade
04.21.2019 , 07:02 PM | #25
Colors seem to be muted or stale on Dantooine. I can't put my finger on what's causing the issue. It's as if graphics have been set back, or scaled backwards maybe. It's just, that everything on Dantooine looks like it comes from an older version of the game and the entire FEEL of the zone is off.

My character's facial expressions are working correctly but his skin looks fake and rubbery while he's running around on Dantooine. That being said, companion complexions look pretty good. It's strange.

I will say that the terrain looks like it will be amazingly pretty, if the graphics and colors are brought in line with the "normal" servers.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel Duncan, Sawbones Scoundrel
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix

Hudlar
04.21.2019 , 11:02 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post
Colors seem to be muted or stale on Dantooine. I can't put my finger on what's causing the issue. It's as if graphics have been set back, or scaled backwards maybe. It's just, that everything on Dantooine looks like it comes from an older version of the game and the entire FEEL of the zone is off.

My character's facial expressions are working correctly but his skin looks fake and rubbery while he's running around on Dantooine. That being said, companion complexions look pretty good. It's strange.

I will say that the terrain looks like it will be amazingly pretty, if the graphics and colors are brought in line with the "normal" servers.
I don't know if this has anything to do with what you're seeing, but when I logged in for the first time, the game did some very strange things to my display settings. The resolution was set much lower than normal, all options were set to low, etc. Once I fixed the resolution and settings, everything looked a million times better. If you haven't already checked your settings, you might want to take a look to be sure that the PTS hasn't messed them up.

commanderwar
04.22.2019 , 12:46 PM | #27
Once I finish all the dallies and heroics I will make another post.
Faction Empire
Level 70
1. First off the planet is beautiful, and I really loved Polly and the Well
2. Really glad your doing heroic 4s again like ossus, I very happy about it, your promoting grouping.
3. The Mission: Beneath Suspicion With the mouse droid was really fun, and new, one of my favorites.
4. The heroic: Reactor Ransom it's awesome that you guys offer the chance to pay off the ransom, I know not many are going to take it, but it's nice to have that option, it's cool to have different options to finish quests.
5.Hoping for at least one armor set and weapon.
6. None of the daily missions do not have "dally" in the beginning of the title.
here's my refer a friend link
http://www.swtor.com/r/QWYrwx

HKtheindomitable
04.22.2019 , 02:06 PM | #28
Loving Dantooine. A few things though.

I love how I can run around and use the ability given by the mission "Broadside Barrage" and just bomb every mob I come across.

Regular NPCs in the adventure area will single target companions. And sometimes a single mob is enough to take down a healing companion with influence level 50. Granted I like the idea that the companion isn't OP anymore, however they can go down super quick. This makes doing the Heroic 2 mission solo rather difficult, and I'm in full augmented min-max 248. I did manage to do it, though I wasn't using the "Artillery Beacon from the mission "Broadside Barrage". Again, I like the challenge and am enjoying that they're not super powered, but it's definitely not quite how it should be. But then there are other times where that doesn't happen. It's really strange.

Noticed that Lieutenant Jorin has VO lines that are filtered, but he's not wearing a helmet/mouth covering to have that. This is when you click on him to pick up the mission. Operating under the assumption that it's possibly a stand-in VO line to avoid spoilers. Mentioning it in case it's not.

When activating the Turret Control Terminal for the mission "Pirates. Again.", the dialogue wheel that comes up has no text.

I am unable to activate my mount while moving even though it's unlocked and I have my legacy.

Mine droids at the Dam are popping up when I get close, but they then instantly blow up before I reach them. If I do reach them before they pop up, they take long enough to blow up that I can run a good distance away.

There are no explosives at the Dam to disarm for the mission "Dantooinian Restabilization".

The click area round the mines for the mission "Spy Game" could be a little larger for scanning. It's kinda difficult to be so precise unless up close. But I guess it's not all bad since you can get up close, and it gets far easier.

Nash 'Rage' Cloven from the mission "Shiny New Toy" used Force Lightning.

The walker for the mission "Shiny New Toy" wasn't too bad to take down. Smart use of interrupts and moving around dodging the Sock and Awe (red circles) was easy. But I do agree that the shield activates too frequently for those without a short CD on their interrupt. The other thing is that the shield will reactivate, even though it's already active. This is the biggest problem because it will start to cast the Aegis Shield even though it's already active, you disable the active one with a missile, and then it's back up because it was already casting it. I think if that was fixed and the CD of the missile shortened by ~2-5 sec, it'd be far better.

Republic side, Vanguard level 70.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

LD_Little_Dragon
04.22.2019 , 03:16 PM | #29
Did the pubside and impside dailies in basic 230 unaugmented gear with level 15 companions with no problems. It can be a little challenging if you over-aggro mobs but not too difficult.

I can confirm that the explosives for the pub quest 'Explosive Assurances' are not visible on pub characters, but are visible on imp characters.

There's also the usual 'disappearing companion' after doing the mouse droid and turret quests. It's a minor annoyance, but if someone can figure out a way to keep the companion window from disappearing it would be a good QOL improvement.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

HKtheindomitable
04.22.2019 , 04:43 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
Did the pubside and impside dailies in basic 230 unaugmented gear with level 15 companions with no problems. It can be a little challenging if you over-aggro mobs but not too difficult.

I can confirm that the explosives for the pub quest 'Explosive Assurances' are not visible on pub characters, but are visible on imp characters.

There's also the usual 'disappearing companion' after doing the mouse droid and turret quests. It's a minor annoyance, but if someone can figure out a way to keep the companion window from disappearing it would be a good QOL improvement.
They can be, but I had only a single regular mob group, and a couple times it was two groups. On Ossus I've aggro'd two or three and didn't have much trouble. But even a healing companion at 50 should be able to handle it for the most part. But like I said, it wasn't all the time. And it was more when one strong or Elite was involved. I'm a HM/NM Ops vet, so I know how to handle my character. That's how I was able to solo that H2 solo. I even got a ways into the Ransom H4 before getting fed up with dying. It's like system is not being consistent with damage output. When I first entered the H2, the first mob did a crazy amount of damage and my companion went down super fast, then I followed. But when I revived I took them out with ease and my comp was only at 1/4 HP while I was at 80%. Same thing with the second mob. There is a mob in the far back with a small camp in that H2, and I demolished them with no trouble.

I too experienced the disappearing companion thing as well, but wasn't fully sure it was that or because I was DC'd several times.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild