Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please tone down the trash AI just a smidge

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Please tone down the trash AI just a smidge

DoctorBeckett's Avatar


DoctorBeckett
05.05.2019 , 03:19 PM | #1
Playing the H2 "Shiny New Toy" and i'm getting mobbed and overwhelmed and have to resurrect even before i get to the main guys. The main guys are at trash AI value and the trash is at boss level AI value. I'm in 258 gear. I have my comp with me and he's got 17 influence.
Thanks.

LordAppius's Avatar


LordAppius
05.06.2019 , 06:04 PM | #2
No, this game is far easy as ti is. The heroic 2 is still easy as it is. If you are having issues on a 258 character try to think smart and not tank and spank everything, kill the healer or the little ones first, cc the dudes with more hp. I miss the old days when this game was a little harder. When i would travel to corelia and die everywhere because the enemies were hard to kill and strong. Thanks to everything being one slap away from death exploring or even killing anything in this game is a gosh darn joke and tedious.

also this is the reason why casuals should never have access to 258 gear. The previous system was good, you would only get top gear if you did any nim content. How i miss those days.
Swtor ruined after 4.0

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
05.06.2019 , 09:36 PM | #3
Really? Did you forget most of the low level heroics, world boss and flashpoints could be done when you got to be a higher level and they were able to be one-shotted before level-sync was put into place. That was not hard that was easy.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Damask_Rose's Avatar


Damask_Rose
05.06.2019 , 10:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LordAppius View Post
also this is the reason why casuals should never have access to 258 gear. The previous system was good, you would only get top gear if you did any nim content. How i miss those days.
Your logic is flawed. This is exactly why "casuals" should have access to 258 gear. If someone is struggling to clear easier content with BiS gear, they are obviously going to have an even worse time in less than BiS gear, so therefore, they are the ones that need the better gear the most. The worse a player is, the more they need good gear. Nim raiders really only need unique shells so they can preserve their smugness.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
05.07.2019 , 10:45 AM | #5
Try kiting Even the Ossus H4 is solo-able.
You should have seen Makeb when it first came out. You move 5 meters and you pull another mob. It was tediously hard. Now I look back fondly on such older pve content.


All that said, I'm pretty sure the devs will nerf before they make the content live.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

darkapprentice's Avatar


darkapprentice
06.03.2019 , 01:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Your logic is flawed. This is exactly why "casuals" should have access to 258 gear. If someone is struggling to clear easier content with BiS gear, they are obviously going to have an even worse time in less than BiS gear, so therefore, they are the ones that need the better gear the most. The worse a player is, the more they need good gear. Nim raiders really only need unique shells so they can preserve their smugness.
The problem with that is that if someone doesn't know how to play smarter and just rushes in and attacks everything, or doesn't know how to play the class in an effective manner, the higher-level gear may not be all that helpful. higher gear doesn't always fix issues with the way someone is playing or the issues they're having while working on a particular mission. It might help or it might not.
Eclipse Vet (Sarah'Skye/Kara') Pre-CU TKA/Master Doc.
<RRR> Member. Ex member of <-A-> and Musica
Chim: Kyera and Sarah' Ex Member of SoS (Sisters of Serenity)

jedimasterjac's Avatar


jedimasterjac
06.04.2019 , 12:24 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Your logic is flawed. This is exactly why "casuals" should have access to 258 gear. If someone is struggling to clear easier content with BiS gear, they are obviously going to have an even worse time in less than BiS gear, so therefore, they are the ones that need the better gear the most. The worse a player is, the more they need good gear. Nim raiders really only need unique shells so they can preserve their smugness.
I know you're being facetious here, but it's also very possible the person in bis gear is just not very good!
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.

Batwer's Avatar


Batwer
06.06.2019 , 10:53 PM | #8
Take a second person with you and it's good.....
Für Neueinsteiger und Rückkehrer:
klick mich: http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

DarthCasus's Avatar


DarthCasus
06.07.2019 , 12:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LordAppius View Post
No, this game is far easy as ti is. The heroic 2 is still easy as it is. If you are having issues on a 258 character try to think smart and not tank and spank everything, kill the healer or the little ones first, cc the dudes with more hp. I miss the old days when this game was a little harder. When i would travel to corelia and die everywhere because the enemies were hard to kill and strong. Thanks to everything being one slap away from death exploring or even killing anything in this game is a gosh darn joke and tedious.

also this is the reason why casuals should never have access to 258 gear. The previous system was good, you would only get top gear if you did any nim content. How i miss those days.
I miss a little challenge and hate level-sync but this is some grade A rose tinted nostalgia. The previous system had flaws as well, they just never bothered to address them! Just like this one, they should be adjusting stats as things go along so it isn't a snorefest while allowing people to receive rewards but they never go back and touch up the important things.

And gear is only half the problem, they should be implementing mechanics that force the player to learn things. Oricon and some bosses were good for this back then with Interrupt tbh. Make a white pop up, something, draw attention to these things. Oh, and give Agents and Marauders back their Droid CC!!
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop