Dantooine Review - Soon

DarkLordSnake

I'm not sure tuning content for rank 50 companions and high end gear is the best practice. Most players in the game don't meet such criteria. Personally I'd decrease the difficulty of the H4's to around where Aurora Cannon/Long Shots is at presently. A Heroic 4 should take work (and time) to complete solo, but it shouldn't be impossible unless you're in the top 5%.

I'm not sure tuning content for rank 50 companions and high end gear is the best practice. Most players in the game don't meet such criteria. Personally I'd decrease the difficulty of the H4's to around where Aurora Cannon/Long Shots is at presently. A Heroic 4 should take work (and time) to complete solo, but it shouldn't be impossible unless you're in the top 5%.

Why is that? It's heroic 4 after all. It's not meant to complete it solo, duh.

Meant to, interesting word choice.

There's tons of heroics that are called "heroic 2+" and yet everyone and anyone can solo them - there's only one exception that I can think of that can't be solo'ed by all classes, and by those who can do it, only with a lot of skill (the Makeb library trap mission).

That aside there's two "Heroic 4" missions left that I can think of that are impossible to solo, the final missions of the seeker droid and macrobinocular quest lines. Or at least one is technically impossible due to the switches needing to be pressed, not 100% sure of the other one.

That aside, any quest called "heroic something" is solo'able, no matter if we're talking about daily areas or events - some even by design: The Aurora Cannon mission in Section X was changed specifically to allow one to complete it solo by removing all those switches and the need to drop the force field at the end by simultaneously powering those four nodes.

I think that's why there is now the expectation that you can solo all Heroic 4s. I personally did solo the ones on Dantooine so I know it is possible, and I don't consider myself a top player, but.... :w_embarrass:

The heroic 4 is ok as it is. Players have been carried for to long thanks to the policy of one punch rule since 4.0. I want stuff to be harder, not to be suggarcoated all the way and have 258 or whatever gear will come in the future. There is no hard content in the game apart from some nim bosses