[Feedback] Group Finder

thebadmf

Group finder only works with flashpoints??

what about Heroics!! OMG....we NEED it for Heroics more than anything!!

With the problems of finding people on when I play, I was really hoping that this would truly be a GROUP FINDER and not a Flashpoint finder... :mad::mad::mad:

I am unhappy with this....

I am in full agreement on this and also the WB queuing too. I understand that is kinda of the planet que, but would be a lot easier to just have a heroic box.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cross Server Queues to get more healers / tanks

Cross server queues will only increase the sample size for the group finder. Healers and especially tanks are usually hard to find.

For one the tank and the healer usually gets the blame when things go wrong. As tank your group can work with you or against you, but it's the group that decides which way things go.

If you have a group finder queue with 10% tanks, 20% healers and 70% dps on average on a single server, a cross server queue will not change that. instead of 5 tanks, 10 healers and 35 dps you will have ten times of then but the lack stays the same.

You need to encourage people to tank / by being nice to them, not to pull aggro and please leave CC's alone.

On PTS i have had groups that worked perfect, that would mark and even leave unmarked CC's alone / other groups will simply AOE anything or just dot a mark.

The only doable way to mitigate this is dual (or more) specs.

The only doable way to mitigate this is dual (or more) specs.

no, the only way is to redesign the FPs dont need tank or healer,

just need a full group.

See? it is easy, not for hardcore players.

remember u did a low level FP?

just need 4 or less ppl, u can use ur companion,

we just cleared few FPs yesterday,

need skilled players, not just stupid tank healer dps triangle.

Just wanted to point out that my character on the PTS is currently level 14 and was able to pick-up the quest for Hammer Station on corruscant and the one on the Fleet. Yet the LFG tool will not let me queue for the FP till I'm level 15. Might want to make the requirements the same requirements for picking up the quests instead of having 2 separate requirements.

There is a serious bug here:

I'm queued with 3 people and the queue will pop, but it will show a list of people (none are in my group) and when I select Ready it goes to "Waiting on 2" and then "Waiting on 4." And if I decline the box just pops back up and I get 7-10 notification messages that "A group has been found." To fix it we had to quit the group and retry. Then the queue window would pop up with the same 4th person who would never accept, and the only way to get a group going was to add a 4th and then use GF. Now, while in the middle of Esseles, I would get a window to pop up to get me to join another group WHILE I WAS GROUPED. The other people from that list would then whisper me telling me to accept and I had to explain to them that it was a bug and I was already in a flashpoint.

Strangely, my Group Finder Tool does not allow me to queue for Flashpoints. I can queue for planetary destinations, but all my Flashpoint options are greyed out despite being lvl 19. I was able to group up for Black Talon once, and nothing after. I've asked around and no one else seems to have this problem. It's very strange.

Strangely, my Group Finder Tool does not allow me to queue for Flashpoints. I can queue for planetary destinations, but all my Flashpoint options are greyed out despite being lvl 19. I was able to group up for Black Talon once, and nothing after. I've asked around and no one else seems to have this problem. It's very strange.

I had to go and pick up the quests for the Flashpoints first then log out and back in to queue for flashpoints.

I had to go and pick up the quests for the Flashpoints first then log out and back in to queue for flashpoints.

if you can't queue, make sure you don't have the quest then all you have to do is reset the UI, a relog shouldn't be necessary unless the UI reset doesn't help.

I have a suggestion for this feature if it hasn't been stated yet. Please add a way to see how long we have been in queue and what we are missing in the group. In other words a display of what we have and what's missing.

Example: Light up Tank Icon if we have it

Example: Do not light up dps icons if we have no dps.

And so on.

I'd like a ready check on the players individually rather than a "X players waiting" dialog.

The greatest thing about the Group Finder tool is that it allows you to participate in groups but not sit around on Fleet, thus Fleet makes more sense. I will need to pick a home planet. I heard Hoth is nice this time of the year.

no, the only way is to redesign the FPs dont need tank or healer,

just need a full group.

See? it is easy, not for hardcore players.

remember u did a low level FP?

just need 4 or less ppl, u can use ur companion,

we just cleared few FPs yesterday,

need skilled players, not just stupid tank healer dps triangle.

Let's reinvent the wheel while we're at it?

I just ran Esseles with a group a force users 2x shadow, 1x sentinel and 1x sage and it felt really slow for a "speed run".

I think this is mainly because we are missing AoE. On Imperial side a group of 2x agents and a healer bounty hunter will make fast work of any trash groups while we had a really hard time running to each single target.

Also I found it annoying that spawning trash seems to be invincible the first seconds thus taking no damage from exploding stuff. Sometimes they die instantly, sometimes they ignore it, sometimes they are just knocked to the floor with full HP.

Quite a few different and good ideas thus far. I am going to re-iterate one of my previous posts in another thread somewhere and try to highlight the most needed things for the GF here.

1. Lack of information once in queue - it would be nice to be able to see how many are queued for each particular bit of content available on the GF. It could very well be that some of these extended wait times are a cause of many people queued but only a few for a particular FP or Op. It would also be good to see the roles each has queued for. I know I was trying to get into ES last night for about 30 minutes - as were a bunch of us, and the queue never popped before I had to log off.

2. Level and Gear restrictions - Like many stated here, the level restrictions for some of the content seems far to limiting. I for one do not mind having a level 50 queue up for BT or ES if it means I can finally get that FP done (or I can finally do that FP with a character who was not able to get a group previously). In fact, on the live servers, I was finally able to get a char through ES because a 50 was kind enough to help me through it. Anyone should be able to queue for content that they at least meet the minimum level for and let the other players in the group decide if they want to accept a higher level player or not. Adding a "similar level" or "all levels" option to the GF could help in this respect.

Lack of Gear restrictions is a problem. I think the minimum level restriction should be kept for content, and for the harder content that requires a certain level of gear, also restrict that according to the minimum suggested gear. Therefore, when attempting to queue for EV or something similar, if I am not level appropriate, I am locked out. If I am level appropriate, then a warning pops up that my gear does not satisfy the min reqs, and tells me what gear I need to satisfy that req for that content.

3. Long pop times due to lack of specific roles - Players should have the opportunity to be able to pop a group with less than the recommended number of players and/or roles. IN BT and ES for instance, two players with companions and no healer can generally complete these FPs if they are in the upper end of the level range. I am not sure of the other FPs, but anything that isn't high-end content that would not allow the use of companions to effectively complete should allow players the option to fill out the remainder of the group with companions, or other roles (such as taking four DPS in an FP) in order to pop the group faster.

4. More options for queueing for Planetary Content - 'nuff said on that - we need to be able to drill down for specific content for planets:

Class Quests (Top Level only - does not need each quest listed)

World Quests (ditto)

World Bosses

Heroic Missions (Each should be listed separately)

General adventuring

4a. As part of the Planetary Content, the Level 10 min req for being able to use the GF should either be removed or lowered at least to Level 4 or 5 (about the time you run into the Heroic mission NPCs). Sometimes players just want to group to explore or share quests with, regardless of the level of their character.

5. Location drops - to prevent the "free fleet pass" (although everyone gets a free Em Fleet Pass), groups should be dropped directly in the instance and automatically be given the appropriate mission in their log without having to interact with the NPC quest giver. Leaving the group prematurely drops you back at your original location. Upon completion of the mission/content, players should be given the choice of where they want to be dropped once the group is dissolved - either the mission end location, or their original location.

More to be added as I think of it, or other people suggest.

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

Does anyone know...

If the group finder will respect your ignore list, or disregard it?

Thanks in advance!

Well I did manage to confirm that the group finder will match you with players on your ignore list.

Hey dev's... can you prevent that before the group finder hits live?

THANK YOU!!

I think the group finder for starting planets should be lowered to some level 6.

It does not make sense to go back to your STARTING planet at level 10 to complete some quests if you can queue for an instance or warzone and get better gear.

It will also increase the group experience a lot i think if you meet up with other people around that level. You get a lot more XP, social points, die less, ...

I think the group finder for starting planets should be lowered to some level 6.

It does not make sense to go back to your STARTING planet at level 10 to complete some quests if you can queue for an instance or warzone and get better gear.

It will also increase the group experience a lot i think if you meet up with other people around that level. You get a lot more XP, social points, die less, ...

The problem is basically that it was designed for FP/Operations/etc... and then someone probably said "what about heroics" and they tacked on "planetary content". Since the first FP is level 10, the tool starts at level 10.

That's weird. I have never picked up the quests and had no problem from level one to 29 or so getting FPs at every level. At the same time someone else at the same level couldn't get into say hammer station, I could.

Something is definitely weird. Is it possible you have an instance spawned on one of the FPs that is uncompleted?

It's here to let you out of situation where you have 2 afk players.

Only feature I think it desperately needs, is CD or anything to discourage people from fishing for easy 'random' flashpoints. 2 or 5 min sitout if you decline group or not accept it in time. Wouldn't hurt anyone that really can't get into instnce right now, but it would preven getting pop with same people over and over until thwy get 'random' flashpoint they like.

Some feature to transform your group into normal one after finishing content would also be nice, would alow to requeue quickly as group.

Someone got kicked from a group I was in yesterday and I never even got the notification to vote.

Dungeon Finder leaves an open group finder menu, so you can see who is joining your group. The reasons

I suggest this is:

1) Some flashpoints and heroics can be done with 2 or 3 people, we don't need a full group for them all (Esseles and Black talon)

2) It would be nice to talk to team members first so I can ask if we are "space-baring " through content. If we are then I would like to leave the queue.

Dungeon Finder leaves an open group finder menu, so you can see who is joining your group. The reasons

I suggest this is:

1) Some flashpoints and heroics can be done with 2 or 3 people, we don't need a full group for them all (Esseles and Black talon)

2) It would be nice to talk to team members first so I can ask if we are "space-baring " through content. If we are then I would like to leave the queue.

Even better than leave queue you can specify skip this group ... that would /almost/ make things usable for planetary content.

• Dev Post

So, some of you may have seen my posts in the forums and might have been wondering, “Who is this person?” Well, here it is! My name is Antonia “Toni” Phillips; I’m an industry veteran who has been working on SWTOR for the last two years, most recently with the Group Finder team.

A solid Group Finder system is very important to us and we have been keeping a close eye on the forums and your feedback. We are evaluating all of the feedback from the PTS and I wanted to take a moment to respond to the most popular topics we’ve seen.

Thanks for all the responses and keep it coming!

Shuttling to Starting Location:

One of the issues most commonly noted is that you are not returned to your original location when you end/exit a Flashpoint or Operation.

This is not a bug; let me explain that a little bit better!

In the game today, without the Group Finder, when you exit a Flashpoint or Operation you are NOT shuttled back to your original location - you're taken to the entrance.

Although this is currently how the Flashpoint and Operation exit technology functions, we understand the importance of modifying this functionality, especially for the Group Finder. We already have a plan to provide this as soon as possible. The moment we know what update this can be included with, we will let you know!

Tiers of Flashpoints:

What is the difference between Tier 1 and Tier 2 Flashpoints, you ask? Difficulty! Tier 2 Flashpoints are more difficult than Tier 1 and we felt that it wouldn’t be a good experience to place undergeared players into groups where they couldn’t meaningfully perform their assigned role. To support this, Tier 2 Flashpoints will be disabled by default and must be actively enabled through the Group Finder filters. Although there is only a single selection (Lost Island) for Tier 2 right now, there will be more in the future.

In addition, Tier 1 and Tier 2 Flashpoints share the same Group Finder daily reward mission. As we gather feedback when this feature goes live we will be making changes to the reward structure as needed.

Gear Score:

While we may never implement a “Gear Score” system, we understand the need to correctly match players with appropriate content. We also understand the need to match groups with a high chance for success. We are currently evaluating several ideas to improve this.

Ignore lists and Group Finder:

Quick Tip: if you place a player on your ignore list you will never be matched in a Group Finder group with that player. Although we have a loading screen tip already implemented for this option, we realize that we will need to more clearly communicate this.

Advanced Classes and Roles:

The roles that you are allowed to queue for in Group Finder are based on your Advanced Class and not your skill point allocation. For example, if you are a Jedi Sage you can queue for both Damage and Healing. We know that this option launches in advance of multi-speccing. However, once you launch Group Finder you can limit yourself to a specific role if you so choose.

Queuing Order:

Group Finder attempts to place you into a group by evaluating potential group matches in a specific order. This order is matched to the in-game order displayed in the Group Finder window. For example, at level 50, Group Finder will first check if you can form a valid Operation, and if not, it will then check Hard Mode Flashpoints, and so on. The specifics:

• At level 50 this will be in the following order: Story Mode Operations, Hard Mode Flashpoints Tier 1, Hard Mode Flashpoints Tier 2, Flashpoints, Planetary Destinations
  • Under level 50 this will be in the following order: Flashpoints, Planetary Destinations

Planetary Destinations:

You want more content controls for Planetary Destinations and so do we! We know that planetary destinations are an area of improvement for Group Finder in future releases, and we're looking at more options, like adding directly selectable Heroic Missions and world bosses.

As we form our plan for future improvements, one of the pieces we need the most is your feedback. We are in the process of evaluating potential designs for player-set group size and specific mission queuing, among many others.

What do you want to see?

Edited by AllisonBerryman