At what point in the timeline did.....

WutsInAName

Jedi/Sith learn to deflect blaster bolts back and hit the person shooting at them?

Sure does not work here, kinda disappointing they went this route. Woulda been neater is all force users hit for less but deflected bolts hit the shooter for a fraction of the original dmg (just to see numbers rly). Would have been a lot more immersive and not game breaking if tweaked correctly considering only the tanks would really be doing this and thier dmg is pathetic anyway.

Edited by WutsInAName

Jedi/Sith learn to deflect blaster bolts back and hit the person shooting at them?

Sure does not work here, kinda disappointing they went this route. Woulda been neater is all force users hit for less but deflected bolts hit the shooter for a fraction of the original dmg (just to see numbers rly). Would have been a lot more immersive and not game breaking if tweaked correctly.

Even in the movies it was rare for a Jedi to do this...and only true masters of the force were capable it seemed.

Still, would be cool to do.

:)

I agree, it would be pretty neat to do that. But, from an MMO perspective, I can see why they didn't bother adding that in. I imagine that would a pain in the you know what to balance. Besides, I imagine all the blaster toting classes would complain that they can't reflect back light saber damage.

Ah well, I still wish we could! :rolleyes:

Edited by ItchyThePenguin

What? If you actually watch you see your character block and or deflect back blaster fire(not all the time but sometimes)...not at them but deflecting none the less.

but you never hit mobs/players with the bolts you deflect like in KOTOR and other things. its a balance issue.

What? If you actually watch you see your character block and or deflect back blaster fire(not all the time but sometimes)...not at them but deflecting none the less.

Well he is talking specifically about sending blaster bolts back at the shooter and not just general deflecting. ;)

I agree, it would be pretty neat to do that. But, from an MMO perspective, I can see why they didn't bother adding that in. I imagine that would a pain in the you know what to balance. Besides, I imagine all the blaster toting classes would complain that they can't reflect back light saber damage.

Ah well, I still wish we could! :rolleyes:

agreed but those are the challenges you take on when creating a game with lightsabers.

Also I seem to remember form the movies both Obiwan and Annikan were proficient at this as padewans so not not just a full master thing.

Balaning would be a botch though which is why i said a fraction of original dmg would be where to start. Just enough to show the player it IS occurring.

Wow thinking about this more. it should be totally possible even on a CD.

Anyone that remebers original EQ will remeber that monks had a skill to riposte 100% of attack for like 8 sec.

Just copy that skill and make it a def CD.

Done and immersive!

Wow thinking about this more. it should be totally possible even on a CD.

Anyone that remebers original EQ will remeber that monks had a skill to riposte 100% of attack for like 8 sec.

Just copy that skill and make it a def CD.

Done and immersive!

There is actually a mob in Eternity Vault that does this. They have a special shield up, if you hit them before interrupting them to pop it, then you take back any damage you dish out. That would be amazing for Knights (Guardians and Sentinels) and Warriors (Juggs and Marauders) to have and help us with the plethora of ranged enemies.

Sure does not work here, kinda disappointing they went this route. Woulda been neater is all force users hit for less but deflected bolts hit the shooter for a fraction of the original dmg (just to see numbers rly). Would have been a lot more immersive and not game breaking if tweaked correctly considering only the tanks would really be doing this and thier dmg is pathetic anyway.

Out of curiosity, how would you propose to balance the non-lightsaber classes with this? Would they do more damage to compensate for it? Considering that lightsaber characters would now be getting free damage.

Would it work in pvp? Only in pve? Would it be all the time? Require a cooldown? Would the jedi/sith not be able to attack while deflecting?

You have to remember that half the classes in the game DON'T carry lightsabers, so wanting to add stuff to just the force-users needs to be balanced with the NON-force users, too.

Out of curiosity, how would you propose to balance the non-lightsaber classes with this? Would they do more damage to compensate for it? Considering that lightsaber characters would now be getting free damage.

They are compensated by not having to close to melee range and by being less hindered by roots and slows.

It would be very similar to damage shields in other games.

When the damage shield is up, deal MIN-MAX damage to your attacker when you deflect an attack. ...or some such.

For Jedi and Sith, this damage shield would look like deflecting fire back at the attacker.

They are compensated by not having to close to melee range and by being less hindered by roots and slows.

Just adding, another way they are compensated is while the enemy has to be there when a melee finishes swinging, the blaster bolts of ranged classes will turn and track in mid air.