Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

casirabit
06.21.2017 , 08:01 AM | #991
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Yes it would. It just needs to be policed...ALL chat does in this game. People can't be allowed to act any way they want without recourse...that wouldn't work here on these forums, it shouldn't be that way in game.
No it wouldn't as BW has already proved they don't police chat. People have already proven they can and will act however they want in the game.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

TUXs
06.21.2017 , 08:36 AM | #992
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
No it wouldn't as BW has already proved they don't police chat. People have already proven they can and will act however they want in the game.
Did you read my entire post or just the first line?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

casirabit
06.21.2017 , 08:55 AM | #993
Did you read my entire post or just the first line?
I read you post Tux and my point still stands. Show me in the last five years where BW has ever policed chat? Then show me where in the last 5 years they have not allowed people to act like they want in the game and then and only then will I ever believe they will do that with a RP instance.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

TUXs
06.21.2017 , 09:22 AM | #994
I read you post Tux and my point still stands. Show me in the last five years where BW has ever policed chat? Then show me where in the last 5 years they have not allowed people to act like they want in the game and then and only then will I ever believe they will do that with a RP instance.
Obviously you didn't Casi. I never said they did, I said they NEED to.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

casirabit
06.21.2017 , 09:35 AM | #995
Obviously you didn't Casi. I never said they did, I said they NEED to.
And what evidence do you have that they would even do this? They have needed to do all this from the beginning so to actually say the need to do it now just because some people want to put RP instances, just because some people want to push everyone on their server no matter if another server is doing well or not.

As I have stated in the past some servers need merged, mainly old pvp ones, but not every server needs that and there are some that have an agenda and want everyone on a particular server just because.

Andryah
06.21.2017 , 09:43 AM | #996
Indeed. Sadly, there are players in MMOs that hate RPers and will go out of their way to try to grief them.

Besides, there is no way to effectively police live chat channels anyway, with so many players online at one time. If there was, then all MMOs would be doing it as social misbehavior it is a constant point of discord with players.

The current method of /report followed by studio review and action is actually the norm for MMOs, and it does deal with the offenders that are indeed crossing the line and needing sanction... just not in real time.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Icykill_
06.21.2017 , 09:44 AM | #997
Yes it would. It just needs to be policed...ALL chat does in this game. People can't be allowed to act any way they want without recourse...that wouldn't work here on these forums, it shouldn't be that way in game.
Yes, I agree, ingame chat needs to be policed within certain guidelines. They police it here in the forums and there is no reason not to do it in game.
Will they do it?.. 6 months ago I would have said definitely not.. I don't know now as I'm still shocked everytime Keith or Eric post... so I guess anything is possible
But I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and for all the communication to dry up over night..
Of course I hope that never happens because this is so much better them engaging with the community like this. Maybe if this was done 3 years ago and never stopped, we would have a totally different game, more population and more people satisfied with their experience.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Andryah
06.21.2017 , 09:45 AM | #998
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Yes, I agree, ingame chat needs to be policed within certain guidelines. They police it here in the forums and there is no reason not to do it in game.
The same exact way they do in game.... they receive reports, they review, and they take action.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Foambreaker
06.21.2017 , 09:59 AM | #999
All this bickering.

All this special coding.

They should just do XServer, everyone gets to keep their names, no one has to be on a server they don't like, no lost subs, and the queue pops for everyone.

It is a no brainer.

HuaRya
06.21.2017 , 10:01 AM | #1000
If they boiled 17 servers down to 3-5 then they would have an easier time policing chat.
I grok in fullness.
― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land