Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

DarthMaulUK's Avatar


DarthMaulUK
05.16.2013 , 12:33 AM | #531
You guys forget that no matter how much effort you put in to improve, when you are faced with a clunky game engine and botched programming, you simply can't improve things.

With Bioware adding more and more stupid animations for pets, vehicles, power ups, add ons, etc etc, all creates more lag on the server and especially in places like the fleet.

Week by week, lag is getting worse.

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
05.18.2013 , 05:04 AM | #532
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
You guys forget that no matter how much effort you put in to improve, when you are faced with a clunky game engine and botched programming, you simply can't improve things.

With Bioware adding more and more stupid animations for pets, vehicles, power ups, add ons, etc etc, all creates more lag on the server and especially in places like the fleet.

Week by week, lag is getting worse.
I dont have a problem with the game engine at all and I have played since launch.

The Unleashed improves the performance even with my high end laptop

SonOfSega's Avatar


SonOfSega
05.20.2013 , 05:14 PM | #533
Hi Exca / Moderators

Another happy customer here, it's been awhile since I have used bat files and Ram drives going back to DOS days now. I managed to get it going with little fuss and was pleased to find a solid increase in performance. 10% boost in FPS in general world and 20% boost in warzones and PVP areana!

My PC specs are pretty good the performance before hand was still good. I prefer using Catalyst Control graphic overrides for textures, anti-aliasing and v-sync. This gives the game a nice softer look and boosts FPS by 10% at least. Windows is set for performance too.

Intel® "Yorkfield" Core™2 Quad Processor Q9650
(12M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)

MSI HD 6870 twin frozr ii/OC

8 Gig system ram

Keep up the good work this ram drive easily rivals a moderate hardware upgrade. Which begs the question why don't developers maker more use of systems with high amounts of ram??? Provided people are aware that they need the physical RAM and to not over multitask. SWTOR is not the only game with flaws. Foolish really.

I am currently using the default batch settings do you recommend dedicating more RAM or anything else?

I think I am covering: LocalApps + DiskCacheArena + FX + Dynamic

Kind regards

ToMyMa's Avatar


ToMyMa
05.23.2013 , 04:52 AM | #534
I can't seem to run SWToR Unleashed... it won't run when I try to open it. Any fixes available?

KarethRiker's Avatar


KarethRiker
05.27.2013 , 01:02 PM | #535
I still have left over space in my RAM drive after doing FX + Dynamic. Are there any particular assets you recommend loading for someone mostly logging in and out of fleet/alting, doing end game raiding and HM FPS?
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

DarthVitrial's Avatar


DarthVitrial
05.27.2013 , 06:11 PM | #536
Just a note...as far as I can tell, Unleashed DOES work properly with the newest version of ImDisk, 1.7.3 (though it seems it takes a bit longer to create the RAMDISK). Anyone else able to confirm?

Moriganno's Avatar


Moriganno
05.28.2013 , 03:38 AM | #537
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVitrial View Post
Just a note...as far as I can tell, Unleashed DOES work properly with the newest version of ImDisk, 1.7.3 (though it seems it takes a bit longer to create the RAMDISK). Anyone else able to confirm?
What benefits to use the new ImDisk 1.7.3? If it seems to be taking longer to loadup. It gives better performanace?

DarthVitrial's Avatar


DarthVitrial
05.28.2013 , 11:23 AM | #538
Quote: Originally Posted by Moriganno View Post
What benefits to use the new ImDisk 1.7.3? If it seems to be taking longer to loadup. It gives better performanace?
Fixes two possible bluescreen issues.

DarkMuten's Avatar


DarkMuten
05.31.2013 , 06:07 AM | #539
Guys i have 8gb of ram. What are best settings?

Hammerholm's Avatar


Hammerholm
05.31.2013 , 11:13 AM | #540
FPS increase from ~40 to 90+ .

THANK YOU SO MUCH.