Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

Metalmac
10.10.2012 , 07:16 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by exca View Post
Disabling pagefile is a bad idea as I tried to explain earlier. It'll rarely help you out and create more issues instead.
Also if you mean by "4GB setup" that your RAM drive is 4GB big... no wonder you don't get performance raise. You'll most likely kill your performances instead. With 6GB RAM you must save 3 to 3.5GB minimum for windows, apps and swtor. Which leaves you a maximum of 2.5 to 3GB for SWTOR Unleashed. If you use a bigger ramdrive, you'll just lower your performances instead of raising them. It's all explained in the main post. By the way, if you want a mostly total perf increase, you should get 8GB of ram to put there local+arena+fx+dynamic.
Again, SWTOR Unleashed is made for people with loads of RAM to workaround BioWare 32 bits executable limitations.
Regards

SWTOR is a 32 bit app and your fix is like shooting a ant with a Hydrogen Bomb, overkill to fix a crappy program.

If SWTOR had been written in Windows 7 and multi-threaded then no one would have much to complain about.

igrabreaker
10.12.2012 , 07:28 AM | #132
Hey so, I know this is potentially a dumb question, but does this program have an trojan/virus/malware/spyware that will screw up my computer? I'm kind of asking the general audience so if any of you have had issues let me know.

I don't mean to be a skeptic, I'm just trying to be cautious. This seems like a pretty sweet deal, maybe almost too good to be true :P

POPsi
10.12.2012 , 07:43 AM | #133
Not that I'm aware of, Symantec Norton didn't notice such things.

abimailkarosian
10.12.2012 , 09:05 AM | #134
amazing merci!

WarbNull
10.12.2012 , 09:13 AM | #135
Anyone try this on a system with 16GB of RAM? Just wondering if anyone saw any improvements with that much RAM.
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

AidanLightwalker
10.12.2012 , 10:13 AM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by WarbNull View Post
Anyone try this on a system with 16GB of RAM? Just wondering if anyone saw any improvements with that much RAM.
I'm using 16gigs of corsair and I use about a 6gig in unleashed. The load times on my system are minimal at most . Game runs alot smoother than when I don't use unleashed.

Thank you very much fellas for this app! It works great, I wont play without it. Thanks a ton!
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

swredrage
10.12.2012 , 10:59 AM | #137
For some comparison, I ran the whole game from a ram drive (created a 24GB ram drive for it) and noticed no real loading time increase over a Samsung 830 SSD. Most of my loading time seems to be server side. If i load into my ship it is really quick. If i load on to a planet it seems to take forever. I noticed similar loading times on my 'old' system.

for reference my setup is below:
Current:
Intel I7-3930 @ stock right now.
ASUS ROG Rampage IV extreme
64GB RAM (Ripjaw Z Series 1600)
Samsung 830 256GB SSD Boot/App
ADATA 128GB (mostly adobe cache)
XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB
2560x1440 27" Display

Old:
AMD 1090T @Stock
ASUS AM3 Board (don't remember the model)
8GB Ram (Corsair Vengeance 1600)
OCZ Agility 2 60GB boot/app
1TB western digital black.
XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB
1920x1080 23" display

The game ran like crap on the old system on minimal settings, on the new system it doesn't run well but it is very playable on max settings, except in pvp where i need to turn shadows down, at 1440p resolution I am not surprised for a mid-range gamer video card.

exca
10.12.2012 , 11:19 AM | #138
Again, SWTOR Unleashed isn't made to speed up loading times. It's made to lower FPS drops.
Server : Darth Nihilus (FR) Characters : Exca, Universe Guild : Escadron Nemesis
Dev de : SWTOR Unleashed (FR) - augmente la fluidité de SWTOR
Dev of : SWTOR Unleashed (US) - raises SWTOR fluidity

jleroy
10.12.2012 , 12:17 PM | #139
I have a total of 4 gigs of memory and a 6gig page file. With no apps running i have 3 gigs of Physical ram free(I have a lot of the windows bs turned off). So my question would this program help me any?
The Family that MMOs together stays together!!

swredrage
10.12.2012 , 01:16 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by exca View Post
Again, SWTOR Unleashed isn't made to speed up loading times. It's made to lower FPS drops.
not knocking it, just re-enforcing for people like me looking for faster load times, you're not going to be gaining anything significant VS and SSD for load times, you are at Biowares Mercy.