Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Forced to romance/marry Mako

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Forced to romance/marry Mako

Oragummi
06.29.2015 , 05:55 PM | #1
So I have played SWTOR since launch and my bounty hunter is now level 53 but up until yesterday I hadn't finished Mako's personal missions. When I finally got around to finishing her quests I was seemingly presented with a choice through dialog with her: start romance with Mako or start romance with mako. I saw no option to say no to her and I tried every option. The issue story-wise is that my bounty hunter and Mako are a terrible match and make absolutely no sense together. Even so I continued with the romance seeing as how I didn't seem to have a choice. When I got to the last conversation with her I had three dialog options two of which were marriage proposals and one which was something like " let's get back to work". I of course chose the third option hoping that it would end the romance but instead the next day to my surprise I had a letter in the mail from Mako excitedly telling me how happy she was to be engaged to my BH. What.....The......Hell....Did I do something wrong in the dialog because I never saw any option to say no to the romance. As someone who cares about the story decisions in this game I must say I am quite frustrated with this. If any one can help me out and tell me what happened or if a Bioware employee sees this and can reset the quest chain for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Kaos_KidSWTOR
06.29.2015 , 06:14 PM | #2
She's the only female companion you have... So, logically she's the one you would marry... so... of course it's a But thou must situation... I don't see why it's not logical for a Male BH to marry Mako... It makes sense story wise. She was your first partner in the Great Hunt.

Oragummi
06.29.2015 , 08:06 PM | #3
Just personal preference. It isn't that it doesn't make sense it's that my BH and Mako's personalities seriously clash and my bounty hunter would probably have a strong objection to romancing/marrying her (I try to stay true to my characters' personalities).

edit: on a side note my BH is very very dark side where as Mako is light side and objects to just about everything my BH says and does.

Billlones
06.29.2015 , 09:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Oragummi View Post
Just personal preference. It isn't that it doesn't make sense it's that my BH and Mako's personalities seriously clash and my bounty hunter would probably have a strong objection to romancing/marrying her (I try to stay true to my characters' personalities).

edit: on a side note my BH is very very dark side where as Mako is light side and objects to just about everything my BH says and does.
Opposites attract.

Billlones
06.29.2015 , 09:13 PM | #5
Agreed, my BH was dark sided too, Didn't help that I treated her like crap either... The only way you don't romance her is by telling her it was a one nighter & you have no plans to commit.

Sorwen
06.30.2015 , 03:29 PM | #6
Never lead a crazy woman on. Every answer you give after that point becomes "yes" in her mind.
Forever and always forward. New/Returning referral link(you and I get free stuff)
Please save me from the shortsightedness of developers that think they are clever.
More family tree options
Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8. (and I didn't even get a T-shirt)

Oragummi
06.30.2015 , 07:07 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Billlones View Post
Agreed, my BH was dark sided too, Didn't help that I treated her like crap either... The only way you don't romance her is by telling her it was a one nighter & you have no plans to commit.
I looked for a dialog option like that but I never saw one. All I was allowed to do was change the subject or continue the romance. Both of which apparently continued the romance.

Oragummi
06.30.2015 , 07:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorwen View Post
Never lead a crazy woman on. Every answer you give after that point becomes "yes" in her mind.
See, the issue though is that I was literally forced to lead her on. I was never presented with an option to turn her down.

Oragummi
06.30.2015 , 07:19 PM | #9
I also keep hearing about how you can encourage Torian to ask her out. I actually remember this part and I seem to remember doing exactly that. There would be no reason for me not to choose that option anyway. However, apparently Mako decided she would rather be a psychotic, delusional stalker and believe she was in a relationship with my BH even though she wasn't rather than have an actual boyfriend. Again Bioware, what the hell?

AnotherSith
07.02.2015 , 11:42 PM | #10
Is there really no way to say "NO" to the romance? Because I was hoping to play matchmaker with her and the Mandalorian, much more interesting than romancing some code imo.

If there really is no option to keep it professional I'm just going to not do the Mako personal story. Stupid as a solution as that is.

I mean I'm not but....what if the Male Bounty Hunter just "wasn't interested" if you know what I mean.
Translation: 2% probability that the miniature organic is simply looking for trouble, and needs to be blasted. That may be wishful thinking on my part master.