Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eric please stop spawnpoint camping

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Eric please stop spawnpoint camping

Lendul
03.17.2018 , 05:46 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Alrik, we have explained to you before, in the thread about pitfalls/gripes of GSF, that assists count as much as kills, and there is no kill stealing in GSF. There isn't in the ground PVP game for that matter either, as long as you are in the same ops group.
You are correct but do not understand where they are coming from at all. Yes, kills and assists carry the same statistical weight when figuring KDA. However, that is completely irrelevant to the point they are making. They are referring to the chemicals that are released from the reward center of the brain and how those affect people's willingness to continue things as well as their perceived enjoyment in activities.

When you get an assist you get:
Brain Juice: Target explodes in front of you
Brain Juice: Positive integer on end game screen

When you get a kill you get:
Brain Juice: Target explodes in front of you
Brain Juice: Hud notification Player has killed target
Brain Juice: Positive integer on end game screen
Brain Juice: Higher ranking on end game screen due to its default sorting of kills.

So as you can see statistically kills are more valuable being that they carry twice the brain juice quotient.

phalczen
03.17.2018 , 10:38 AM | #42
Unless you are doing functional MRIs or LPs for neurotransmitter levels on novice and experienced GSF pilots, I don't think you can make any sort of conclusions about what is happening "statistically" with "brain juice." While interesting to consider, I don't anticipate getting NIH funding for that study any time soon. I think that your assumptions about how reward centers work during an assist versus a kill may be incomplete at best.

More importantly, if you approach the game with a team mindset, you become less concerned with how many kills you have and more concerned with how many times the other side dies. And by team mindset, I do not mean the actual act of reaching out to other players, getting on voice comms, and specifically forming a group and group queuing together. Rather I am referring to just the realization that you get that green victory UI, more requisition, more CXP, and more unassembled components, when you just focus on making sure the other side dies more than your side does.

Naturally these comments, from Alrik, you, and I, refer more to TDM than DOM, although generally speaking, if the enemy team is dying more than your team they probably aren't holding on to sats.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Verain
03.17.2018 , 12:51 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
You just deny them any production or release of hormones in the brauin or elsewhere that would be there if people would get their kills alol by themselves
He's on to us, guys!
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

nvlvbiomedical
03.18.2018 , 05:13 AM | #44
who is the campers and when are they on lol the kronies can come wreck them

Loadsamonie
03.30.2018 , 04:01 PM | #45
If you can't defend your own spawn from being overrun, you deserve to be camped, IMHO. It's a legitimate tactic.

Lendul
03.30.2018 , 05:53 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Loadsamonie View Post
If you can't defend your own spawn from being overrun, you deserve to be camped, IMHO. It's a legitimate tactic.
and if you repeatedly spawn camp people to the point that they do not want to play anymore more then you deserve to wait in longer queues, it's a legitimate causality chain

AlrikFassbauer
04.02.2018 , 04:55 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
More importantly, if you approach the game with a team mindset, you become less concerned with how many kills you have and more concerned with how many times the other side dies.
I can agree to that, but maybe I'm too much egoistic, then ? When I believe that I should get the laurels one day as well ?

Do you know there WWII graves of the "unknown soldier" ? I feel pity for them, because no-one knows who they wrere. They did do something "for their team", but nobody knows who they actually were. They just died, and that's it, nameless. Without any sign.

Or at the Tour De France . There are always supporters. Who gets remembered by History It's always Alexander The Great, and NOT his nameless, countless soldiers.

Some of you have already fame lik Alexander The Great. You play within your own league.

I just wished I could get that fame as well, but I'm simply not good enough. And I really really don't want to be rememkbered in GSF history as "the unknown supporter". I really don't.

So I just don't play GSF anymore - except when a well-eaning guildy asks me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lendul View Post
and if you repeatedly spawn camp people to the point that they do not want to play anymore more then you deserve to wait in longer queues, it's a legitimate causality chain
I fully agree to that. And what i do hate is when people begin to whine about no matches popping up because of what they did : spawn-camping. "Oh, my gosh, how do they DARE to deny me having my fun with them ?"
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Danalon
04.02.2018 , 11:10 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I think you're severely overestimating the importance of GSF if you think being good at it equals winning the Tour de France or being Alexander the Great.

However, I've seen you stating multiple times, going back over a year, that you're not good at GSF and/or aren't playing it anymore.
If you're not good at it, but want to be, then play more, practice, improve. Meaningfully investing time into something almost always leads to improvement - in games and also IRL.
If you stopped playing, why are you trying to guilt trip people on this forum for being good over and over? If you were giving constructive feedback, I would be okay with it, but a lot of your posts are just trying to find obscure reasons why good players aren't good people or similar things.

Linuxizer
04.02.2018 , 08:58 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Danalon View Post
...If you were giving constructive feedback, I would be okay with it, but a lot of your posts are just trying to find obscure reasons why good players aren't good people or similar things.
I was flying on DM one day, contributing but not topping the scoreboard, then I shot down this one guy and he spent the next two matches chasing me from one end of the map to the other. Alrik's posts on GSF remind me of that kind of obsession. He plays very little, and either always loses or chooses to forget the wins. Every post is about why GSF is bad and why the players are evil, though he uses different (non-relevant) historical or literary references every time.
The Lightsaber-jerk

Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/jBHrWL

Danalon
04.04.2018 , 03:19 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Linuxizer View Post
There is two ways to look at it. Either complain about someone chasing you, which is relatable, since that kind of behavior is not only dumb but also hurting the game - or enjoy the fact that you triggered someone into that behavior.

Here's where teamplay comes in handy. If that person is tunneling in just on you, get a friend to kill them, and vice versa. If someone is triggered into that behavior, chances are, he'll be triggered enough to stop queueing for the day after getting killed a few times more.