Referral link concern

Vroldekhan

Hey guys so Ive been seeing a lot of messages in the general chat about trading referral link for in game money. Seeing as I'm poor as hell, I got a person who gave me 3 mil in advance for clicking his link, but when I typed it it my antivirus said it was unsafe and going around it just sent me to the swtor page, I returned the money to the person and apologized, but now I'm scared it might have been a hack attempt or something, could anyone with some experience on this matters confirm the above? Thanks a bunch

Hey guys so Ive been seeing a lot of messages in the general chat about trading referral link for in game money. Seeing as I'm poor as hell, I got a person who gave me 3 mil in advance for clicking his link, but when I typed it it my antivirus said it was unsafe and going around it just sent me to the swtor page, I returned the money to the person and apologized, but now I'm scared it might have been a hack attempt or something, could anyone with some experience on this matters confirm the above? Thanks a bunch

I can't speak to your antivirus issue, but I can tell you that the referral links look like http://www.swtor.com/r/XXXXXX where XXXXXX is a six character account specific code consisting of mixed case letters and numbers. If you tried something else there may been an issue. And it is possible that your AV program gave a false positive.

Edited by ceryxp

Hi,

This happened to me i was promised 5 mil and got loads of excuses then was put on ignore by the player i still see him trading in game im tempted to say something but dont wan't loads of abuse back. I chalk it down to me being too trusting and i have submitted a ticket to ask i am taken off his referral list.

:(

Not a very good community spirit but I won't let him ruin it for me.