Reckoning Utility not WAI?

Benirons

Hi,

After some testing i noticed that the legendary juggernaut utility "reckoning" works oddly. Both force charge and saber throw consume the melee attack buff. Force charge i guess makes sense, but saber throw is definitely a ranged attack.

The reason i find this frustrating is that it would be a pretty solid threat boost on the very first crushing blow (personally i just open with crushing blow right off the bat on a single target, so this utility made sense to me). But the problem is that in the usual situation of zero starting rage, i need to use either force charge or saber throw to open with. Both of which use up the buff which is kind of a waste tbh. I hope u guys see the problem.

So im wondering, is this a bug that saber throw consumes the melee buff? Intended feature? What exactly is the purpose of this utility then? I mean extra DR on ally is nice, but other half of perk is pretty useless then.

Interesting, I don't take this utility personally especially for PvE but it says "melee" ability in the tooltip. Bug, maybe you're noticing things improperly, or maybe throw counts as melee now since you can use it in melee range? I'd have to experiment.

Also, to comment on your opener, you can also use combat focus (enrage) with either leap or throw (not both, one or the other) to pull bosses, and delay your first warding strike until your first taunt window. This will allow you to hold intial aggro without picking aforementioned utility. For tanking, if you aren't already doing so, the saber reflect improvement (daunting presence) is incredible, as it also increases threat on all enemies.

Thanks, i have to use enrage for that opener cause aegis strike is naturally a melee attack so it should consume the buff.

I took a closer look at utilities, and honestly war bringer is way better as things stand. Vicious throw does like x3 dmg of vicious slash, so that in and of itself is a pretty solid threat boost without any funny business.

Thanks, i have to use enrage for that opener cause aegis strike is naturally a melee attack so it should consume the buff.

I took a closer look at utilities, and honestly war bringer is way better as things stand. Vicious throw does like x3 dmg of vicious slash, so that in and of itself is a pretty solid threat boost without any funny business.

Yeah, it really depends on you and what you need utility wise. Again, the only one i really consider absolutely mandatory is daunting presence/5s + high aggro reflect.

I do however recommend delaying your first warding strike until a taunt generally, because its weak aggro wise. With combat focus you can easily have enough force to last until your first taunt.