Physical Security Key availability update for European players (May 8th, 2013)

Phillip_BW

• Dev Post

Apologies for the delays we have had in getting the Physical Security Key made available once more within Europe. What I'm sure looks like an 'easy' thing to do is actually quite complicated internally. While the keys have been available in the Origin Store for the last couple of weeks, they were put up with prices that were different to what was advertised on the SWTOR website. You will be happy to hear that the prices agreed on are the lower of the two, and not the larger of the two :jawa_wink:

I'm happy to announce that for most of Europe, the Physical Security Key is once more available.

For the rest of Europe we are still working on making the Physical Security Key available once more in the following countries:

• Czech Republic
  • Germany
  • Poland
  • Switzerland

As soon as I have an update on these countries I will be posting another update.

As each link is country specific for finding the key within the Origin Store, and as we can't guarantee that the links won't change over time, the easiest way to find the item in the store is to open the Origin Store in a browser ( http://store.origin.com ) and in the upper right-corner, type "Star Wars Physical Security Key" in the search box.

Uh can we actually see countries instead of just a general "most of Europe" and "rest of Europe"?

Also what about countries that weren't listed "in the rest of Europe" category? Does it mean countries like Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Macedonia, Bosnia, Croatia etc. won't be getting a physical secruity key at all?

I'd like to see some specific information please.

I'm happy to announce that for most of Europe, the Physical Security Key is once more available.

For the rest of Europe we are still working on making the Physical Security Key available once more in the following countries:

• Czech Republic
  • Germany
  • Poland
  • Switzerland

As soon as I have an update on these countries I will be posting another update.

Phillipp, you are confusing the hell out of me.

First, apparently something without Poland, the Czech Republic, Germany and Switzerland counts as "most of Europe" to you. After all, you just excluded about 130M of the EU's 500M citizens.

And I'm pretty sure in terms of SWTOR subscribers, the relative number is even larger.

And second - we have this thing called Common Market here - so a good sold in one EU country is legally able to be purchased from and delivered to every place in the EU. And many of these states even have a common currency, which - as problematic as it is in other contexts - is supposed to facilitate exact this kind of common market issue you are facing. To but it bluntly, we, the Europeans, go to great lengths so that vendors like you don't have to organize supply to every single country.

So, can you please explain why you feel able to supply my French and Dutch friends - and even those island fiends across the channel who dastardly cling to such non-metric units like Pounds :-) - but not my German or Polish buddies?

You know, the distance between Frankfurt and Paris is actually smaller than that between Sacramento and Los Angeles. Same goes, for instance for Vienna (Austria, supplied) and Prague (Czech Republic, blocked).

Edited by ClavisN

Phillipp, you are confusing the hell out of me.

First, apparently something without Poland, the Czech Republic, Germany and Switzerland counts as "most of Europe" to you. After all, you just excluded about 130M of the EU's 500M citizens.

And I'm pretty sure in terms of SWTOR subscribers, the relative number is even larger.

And second - we have this thing called Common Market here - so a good sold in one EU country is legally able to be purchased from and delivered to every place in the EU. And many of these states even have a common currency, which - as problematic as it is in other contexts - is supposed to facilitate exact this kind of common market issue you are facing. To but it bluntly, we, the Europeans, go to great lengths so that vendors like you don't have to organize supply to every single country.

So, can you please explain why you feel able to supply my French and Dutch friends - and even those island fiends across the channel who dastardly cling to such non-metric units like Pounds :-) - but not my German or Polish buddies?

You know, the distance between Frankfurt and Paris is actually smaller than that between Sacramento and Los Angeles. Same goes, for instance for Vienna (Austria, supplied) and Prague (Czech Republic, blocked).

shouldn't that be 130 M out of 850 M

Happy to see the key awailable in europe again I went to the danish origin site to purchase one, only to be stumped by the system refusing to validate my adress. Looking further the page informed that physical objects would only be sent to canadian or US adresses.

Perhaps someone should have a little chat with Origin again....

Happy to see the key awailable in europe again I went to the danish origin site to purchase one, only to be stumped by the system refusing to validate my adress. Looking further the page informed that physical objects would only be sent to canadian or US adresses.

Perhaps someone should have a little chat with Origin again....

Somehow I find that very typical Origin and insanely funny. Because it shows that Origin is nothing but a bunch of upstart amateurs with no idea what they're doing. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Apologies for the delays we have had in getting the Physical Security Key made available once more within Europe. What I'm sure looks like an 'easy' thing to do is actually quite complicated internally. While the keys have been available in the Origin Store for the last couple of weeks, they were put up with prices that were different to what was advertised on the SWTOR website. You will be happy to hear that the prices agreed on are the lower of the two, and not the larger of the two :jawa_wink:

• Czech Republic
  • Germany
  • Poland
  • Switzerland

As each link is country specific for finding the key within the Origin Store, and as we can't guarantee that the links won't change over time, the easiest way to find the item in the store is to open the Origin Store in a browser ( http://store.origin.com ) and in the upper right-corner, type "Star Wars Physical Security Key" in the search box.

bump but i dont think it will do anything

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...