Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Female character texture is still messed up.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Female character texture is still messed up.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Taramayne's Avatar


Taramayne
02.24.2014 , 11:56 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
The following is simply my speculation. I'm just trying to give an idea to what might have happened.
.
I can see your point, however, a similar error occurred with a piece of CM gear (Relaxed Vestments top) not long ago and was acknowleged almost immediately and repaired within 2 weeks.

This issue is just as noticeable as the other one for many people. Why is this one taking so much longer when the time and type of error has been identified?

Clarian's Avatar


Clarian
02.24.2014 , 12:08 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Taramayne View Post
I can see your point, however, a similar error occurred with a piece of CM gear (Relaxed Vestments top) not long ago and was acknowleged almost immediately and repaired within 2 weeks.

This issue is just as noticeable as the other one for many people. Why is this one taking so much longer when the time and type of error has been identified?
That's a good point...especially since this one impacts not one, but quite a few cartel market items.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
The Combat stuff is priority.
The cartel market is supposed to have its own dev team, so they wouldn't be working on combat related bugs...right?

tomcn's Avatar


tomcn
02.24.2014 , 05:33 PM | #63
I have two thoughts as to why Relaxed Vestments got fixed quickly but the leg textures have not.
1. The recent Relaxed Vestments texture problem was horribly visible even on the character selection screen. In contrast the leg texture problem is not visible on the character select screen.
2. The leg texture problem occurs for many different leg garments, whereas the Relaxed Vestments texture problem was a single garment only. It will probably be a lot more work to fix all the affected leg garments.

Clarian's Avatar


Clarian
02.24.2014 , 05:47 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by tomcn View Post
2. The leg texture problem occurs for many different leg garments, whereas the Relaxed Vestments texture problem was a single garment only. It will probably be a lot more work to fix all the affected leg garments.
Maybe, but it could be that the reason so many different garments all have the same problem is that they all share an asset. In which case, fix that one thing and it fixes them all.

If they were all separate problems, that would mean that they would have all separately broken in the same way at the same time, which seems unlikely.

Prototypemind's Avatar


Prototypemind
02.24.2014 , 08:59 PM | #65
Regardless of the reason for the delay, they do read these forums and this issue is almost always on one of the first two pages. There is zero reason it should have not at least been acknowledged, and it's more than sad that something so simple yet integral to all players, basic skin textures, has not been fixed over this length of time.

Linamia's Avatar


Linamia
02.25.2014 , 08:46 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Prototypemind View Post
Regardless of the reason for the delay, they do read these forums and this issue is almost always on one of the first two pages. There is zero reason it should have not at least been acknowledged, and it's more than sad that something so simple yet integral to all players, basic skin textures, has not been fixed over this length of time.

Bongo babe, you hit it on the head

Pookii's Avatar


Pookii
02.25.2014 , 01:17 PM | #67
*sigh*

I've played EverQuest, ShadowBane, WoW (pre-burning cruesade), Lineage 2, Age of Conan, Champions Online and City of Heroes.... and I have never seen a graphical issue like this last this long. I mean cmon.... even FunCom fixed things like this within the week!

tomcn's Avatar


tomcn
02.25.2014 , 06:44 PM | #68
Bump. Still broken in today's patch 2.6.1.

Zerileth's Avatar


Zerileth
02.25.2014 , 07:45 PM | #69
Maybe it's a really difficult fix. I'm also not convinced they know about it. Nothing has been said on any forum thread I've seen.

Knockerz's Avatar


Knockerz
02.25.2014 , 09:04 PM | #70
Hopefully the next patch will fix it.
Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc