Bulwark HM...how to?

I hand't seen Directive 7 on hardmode so I was curious enough to check it out.

I still recalled the buggy and overtuned Bulwark encounter from normal and was wondering how it would be on heroic now that it was "supposedly" fixed.

So needless to say we wiped quite a few times trying to figure out what makes this boss deal so much ridiculous and seemingly unavoidable damage.

The mechanics of the fight are fairly straight forward. DPS the boss and prevent the droids from repairing his Shield generators. If they succeed, destroy the Shield and commence as usual.

That's all fine and dandy.

But the group takes so much damage from an unknown source (mostly melees) that we simply can't figure out what's going wrong. Without any kind of animation, melees will constantly received 3000-4000 damage without any way to avoid it.

This isn't some interruptable attack, since the boss is uninterruptable and honestly, we're a little clueless.

I've seen youtube guides that say you should interrupt the boss, but he's uninterruptable for some unknown reason.

I don't get it, what is wrong with this fight?

What intransparent mechanic is causing us to wipe over and over and over again?

don't even waste your time they haven't fixed interrogator the boss in there when ever you start the fight he makes like 40 clones of one player.Ive put in countless tickets about this and nothing was done in last patch except to bulwark which i didn't even think needed to be fixed

EDIT: btw when you bring bulwarks shield down what we do is cc the little droids so he doesn't shield up again and just continuing to dps him in hard mode its pretty much a dps race since his enrage timer is pretty strict. the dps has to be on there game also and most importantly ppl have to be decently geared in the first place to even be doing hard modes;)

Edited by novachannel

don't even waste your time they haven't fixed interrogator the boss in there when ever you start the fight he makes like 40 clones of one player.Ive put in countless tickets about this and nothing was done in last patch except to bulwark which i didn't even think needed to be fixed

I've seen the clone bug but didn't encounter it this run. Everything went fine up to Bulwark.

But now? We've somewhat surrendered until we can figure out what the **** is going on.

Hence the post.

your probably not dpsing him down fast enough and hitting his enrage maybe but on that fight ive never had a problem

Enrage is tight, but that's not the problem.

The problem is far more the seemingly random and unpredictable damage the melees constantly take with no obvious way to avoid it.

And since the boss is now uninterruptable....we have no clue where to start.

we cleared D7 last night, including the bonus boss, and wiped a couple times on bulwark due to the enrage timer.

make sure your positioning is correct... tank on one side, everyone else on the other

the droids don't need to die... don't waste time killing them... just toss a cc or agro them to keep them from repairing the shield

if a shield does go off, disable it immediately and continue killing the boss

to summarize, ignore the droids, unless you CC them, disable shields immediately, position correctly, and dps harder :)

one of bulwarks abilities does aoe damage all around him. if your healer is having trouble, melee needs to move back for one of the abilities (the ohter is just a frontal cone now). if you have trouble with the enrage timer if you do that, then the dps needs to help the healer out (stims or medpacs).

Bulwark channels two different abilities back to back. Burst cannot be interrupted. Smash can. It will deal a huge amount of damage if you let it go off. Put someone on interrupt duty just for that one.

Burst is the big AoE. Run to the consoles to avoid it. Here's a nice guide on the whole instance:

https://dulfyforce.wordpress.com/2012/01/29/flashpoint-guide-directive-7-hardmode/

Bulwark channels two different abilities back to back. Burst cannot be interrupted. Smash can. It will deal a huge amount of damage if you let it go off. Put someone on interrupt duty just for that one.

Burst is the big AoE. Run to the consoles to avoid it. Here's a nice guide on the whole instance:

https://dulfyforce.wordpress.com/2012/01/29/flashpoint-guide-directive-7-hardmode/

Nice guide. It all comes down to the 2 DPS doing there thing. And the Healer and Jugg being able to tank the enrage if the DPS isn't geared enough!

You cannot interrupt the boss. Let me say it again:

YOU CANNOT INTERRUPT THE BOSS.

He even has the "boss immunity" buff thing active stating that he's immune to interrupts.

It's odd because none of the guides ever mentions that or it might just be simply a bug.

Anyway, for some reason beyond my knowledge, Bulwark today was immune to interrupts. No idea when this change went live because it's obviously not meant to be like that based on all the previous guides.

Edit: Found this in the 1.1.1 patchnotes

Some of Bulwark’s abilities were incorrectly susceptible to interruption. Bulwark is now immune to interrupts.
Edited by Dee-Jay

For Bulwark, you need to have decently geared DPS's, and you need to know what you are doing.

I have run this every day for the last week and have'nt wiped a single time. We use 5/5 DPS's for it. We ran is last night with an operative DPS, sniper DPS, sorc healer, and myself as a jugg tank.

As many people ahve already said, CC the droids when they come out. They will dissappear when the next set spawns. This is very much a DPS race, but its easily doable.

As for the interrogator, we have found its usually our sniper that gets cloned multiple times. So we just have him leave the area for the fight, and pull out a DPS companion and it works fine.

This is probably one of the hardest instances I have done so far, the only thing close is the final boss on BP. It is not something you can do with people that are not geared or don't know what they are doing. If you do not have well geared group members, then don't waste your time.

Did bullwark yesterday (I'm a Sorc healer). My trick after the first wipe was to get everyone in close, and the stick a healing circle underneath him so it would be reachable for everyone.

The tank was with his back to the energy shield (Bullwark facing the shield). The shield I mean is the one that opens up after he's dead, not the bubble around him.

It was tight but doable, make sure DPS'ers get into the heal circle, and use stimpacks when they can.

We ignored the droids to beat the enrage, I just CC'ed the ones that were trying to kill me due to healing aggro (when I could), I tanked them the rest of the time.

You cannot interrupt the boss. Let me say it again:

YOU CANNOT INTERRUPT THE BOSS.

He even has the "boss immunity" buff thing active stating that he's immune to interrupts.

It's odd because none of the guides ever mentions that or it might just be simply a bug.

Anyway, for some reason beyond my knowledge, Bulwark today was immune to interrupts. No idea when this change went live because it's obviously not meant to be like that based on all the previous guides.

Edit: Found this in the 1.1.1 patchnotes

Ah, patched. So that's out of the picture then. Last time I ran this FP that was the one ability that could be interrupted.

Comes down to DPS and healer staying out of the AoE so that the healer can focus on the tank then.

I've been in groups where the melee stand in the AOE and it still isn't a problem.

Bulwark is one of the simplest fights in the game. You still win if you stand in avoidable damage. You still win if nothing is interrupted.

No idea why people complain about this boss.

the idea of bulwark is to stand to the sides with the tank on the stairs... when his shield goes up you click the boxes on each side. He will summon droids to repair those boxes that you originally destroyed... you have to kill or cc them or they will put up his immunity shield once more.

Bulkwark has a cone aoe so only the tank must stand in front of him.

If you stand too far away he will one shot you.

The enrage timer is quite quick so you must not ever let his shield go up when the droids come out to repair.

Hope that helps out a little bit.

As for the boss that does the repeating clones... it usually happens to a bounty hunter but who ever becomes the unending cloner, have that player kill themselves quickly by jumping off the stairs near by. The cloning will stop and you can have a chance of a /win.

:)

Edited by Xihphor

I know this will sound strange but have the healer and tank stand at the Red force field and the two dps on each button.

For some reason Bulwark uses his high hitting ability on people standing where Bulwark is facing before you engage him so by not having anyone stand there you will breeze through the fight.

I have no idea why this works but you should seriously try it.

Edited by Skrotnisse