Vengeance pvp damage

-RADAX-

Hi folks.

I wonder, how some people in bg's get so much dmg. I've seen people do 900K and more.

The highest I got was 500K.

Now I play the brutalizer set with strg/hp enhanchements.

I still have some crit mods in it, and want so move to more power, but I really don't get this high amount of dmg, that some people do. Have any advice for me?

Cheers

Radax

Edited by -RADAX-

cool story bro

You laugh, and I can see why it may seem like a trollish answer, but it isn't.

From what you describe your gear is good so your problem is either you're horribly messing up your rotation or you have poor target selection (or not as good as the guy your comparing yourself too).

Though bear in mind it's really hard to compare two people in different WZ's with different team compositions. For instance, were you node guarding, even a little or otherwise have any down time? Did he have healers and/or a guard and perhaps you had no support? Were you focused and he wasn't? Was he beating on a healer he just couldn't kill (900k damage, 10 or less kills) while your 500k was actually 'useful' damage. Was his in a long VS and your best DPS was in NC. That's why I wouldn't put too much emphasis on comparing numbers like that.

DPS is what matters.

The pvp dmg of veng is good against squishys but imo goes downhill when you throw a decent tank against you, moreso then other classes (a sent/marauder can actually pressure a tank a bit as both watchman-anni/combat-carnage) and it needs some lucky crits to burst a good healer down otherwise they can be troublesome.

Just my opinion/

Edited by AngusFTW

You laugh, and I can see why it may seem like a trollish answer, but it isn't.

From what you describe your gear is good so your problem is either you're horribly messing up your rotation or you have poor target selection (or not as good as the guy your comparing yourself too).

Though bear in mind it's really hard to compare two people in different WZ's with different team compositions. For instance, were you node guarding, even a little or otherwise have any down time? Did he have healers and/or a guard and perhaps you had no support? Were you focused and he wasn't? Was he beating on a healer he just couldn't kill (900k damage, 10 or less kills) while your 500k was actually 'useful' damage. Was his in a long VS and your best DPS was in NC. That's why I wouldn't put too much emphasis on comparing numbers like that.

Thanks for the start of a discussion. Well y I think that answer was trollish, just because one can't assume, that a single question means, that the question comes from a rand.

The games that are most signifficant are the voidstar games. The one I mentioned, was against one of the best ranked juggs on a ger server., where he made 900K. That was the first time I saw a veng-jugger making that much of dmg. Might be he had his personal heal with him.

But the think that muckes around in my mind is, why even another jugger in my team has doubble the size of dmg when we are in a bg.

I cant say much about how good I am, I leave that to other peoples opinion. But what I can say is that Im almost always ranked 1st in medals and that I am mostly in the top 1/3 th of the kill list.

So it seems the criteria on the stats in the end is not based on the equip, than a certain playing style.

What would you say, produces the most dmg then?

Its not that I feel my game isnt of value for the team. it's rather of interest for me. And ofc it looks better ;)

Edit: My rotation is standard. leap>ravage>impale>shatter>ravage<scream...

Edited by -RADAX-

Total damage does not matter in a warzone.

Example, a Sorc will always top damage charts if he just tab dots everyone, but its fluff that gets healed through. He might have 0 killing blows but oh boy, he got 1.5 million damage, how amazing!

Another way of looking at it, saying you're both Vengeance Juggs, if he tunnels a guarded healer while you go around killing the healer's teammates, he could have more damage than you cause he's constantly attacking a target while you hit someone, they die, then wait a couple GCD's before you attack a new target. But you're the one helping your team, he's mostly wasting his time (at best he's keeping the healer interrupted).

That said, one of the keys for Vengeance that I don't see mentioned enough is to maximize Unstoppable uptime. This means if you're on a target for example, and you've been on them for around 10 seconds, recognize charge is coming off cooldown and either run out to charge your target again or change targets for another charge. The benefit to this is two-fold, it increases the chances that opponents waste CC on you to keep your uptime high, and it increases your damage reduction keeping you alive longer which also increases uptime.

Another key is to lead with Shatter against smart targets. Bad players, fine, jump in and Ravage, but good players will stop that last tick from going off even if you go in with Unstoppable, so if you come in with Shatter you at least have your highest damage dot already ticking on them, then you can STILL make them blow a cooldown to stop your Ravage, meaning 1 less cooldown later for a 2nd Ravage. A nice combo after a leap if you already have a stack of Savagery is Shatter -> Scream, to ensure you get the +10% damage bonus on an auto crit Scream. Shatter -> Vicious Throw (if it's proc'd) works equally well. And both combos are guaranteed to go off before Unstoppable wears off.

Edited by wadecounty

Total damage does not matter in a warzone.

Example, a Sorc will always top damage charts if he just tab dots everyone, but its fluff that gets healed through. He might have 0 killing blows but oh boy, he got 1.5 million damage, how amazing!

Another way of looking at it, saying you're both Vengeance Juggs, if he tunnels a guarded healer while you go around killing the healer's teammates, he could have more damage than you cause he's constantly attacking a target while you hit someone, they die, then wait a couple GCD's before you attack a new target. But you're the one helping your team, he's mostly wasting his time (at best he's keeping the healer interrupted).

That said, one of the keys for Vengeance that I don't see mentioned enough is to maximize Unstoppable uptime. This means if you're on a target for example, and you've been on them for around 10 seconds, recognize charge is coming off cooldown and either run out to charge your target again or change targets for another charge. The benefit to this is two-fold, it increases the chances that opponents waste CC on you to keep your uptime high, and it increases your damage reduction keeping you alive longer which also increases uptime.

Another key is to lead with Shatter against smart targets. Bad players, fine, jump in and Ravage, but good players will stop that last tick from going off even if you go in with Unstoppable, so if you come in with Shatter you at least have your highest damage dot already ticking on them, then you can STILL make them blow a cooldown to stop your Ravage, meaning 1 less cooldown later for a 2nd Ravage. A nice combo after a leap if you already have a stack of Savagery is Shatter -> Scream, to ensure you get the +10% damage bonus on an auto crit Scream. Shatter -> Vicious Throw (if it's proc'd) works equally well. And both combos are guaranteed to go off before Unstoppable wears off.

Hey, thanks for the post.

Ok I understood the concept behind the dmg stats.

Thanks for the tipp on the shatter, I already knew that, and use that against harder players, and ppl in 1vs1 games.

I am still wondering why other juggs have more dmg. Regarding this concept they must jump from opponent to opponent and do primarly shatter, impale dmg, but I dont really think so. Also cause I am very active. I can jump between 3 opponents and keep them bussy a long time. I will try a few things, and see how it impacts the results though.