Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Guild invasion rewards don't seem fair

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Guild invasion rewards don't seem fair

DeannaVoyager's Avatar


DeannaVoyager
06.25.2019 , 12:40 AM | #51
Just because you are too lazy to join big guild for bigger conquest rewards, doesn't make it an exploit. Sounds to me some of you guys just want to whine.

I guess next you want force barrier, resilience and saber reflect for your non force user classes, because it's "unfair" that force users have those nice skills while vanguards, powertechs, mercs and so on don't. Obviously it must also be an exploit, that force users use those abilities.

And while we are at it, it's really unfair that F2P have limitation in game play. Why not give them all the same benefits that subscribers have, because at the moments subscribers are "exploiting" the game by playing ops and stuff.

Visorknight's Avatar


Visorknight
06.25.2019 , 12:42 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
wether you get 1 alt to 150 k, or 10 alts to 15k x 10, it's still 150 k points, and can be more or less the same work. Putting a limit on guilds and rewards won't work, you'll just ignite the forums, as people who missed out with be screaming and shouting here, (ok slight exaggeration, but you see what i'm saying). I've no idea how to stop exploiters, i wish i did. but if you limit anything in the game, there will be a huge outcry. :/
Yes, it is the same work but rewards are totally different by levels of magnitude from the mechanics of conquest. i have no issues with people getting 1 alt/main to 150k which get you 3-4 augment mats that sell for 1.2mil each so u get at most roughly 3mil to 4 mil on gtn which is a respectable amount for the game play. But using the same work of 150k conquest points and get 10 alts to 15k each gives you right now 30-40 augment mats that sells 30mil to 40mil on gtn! So how exactly is that fair to the community now!

Visorknight's Avatar


Visorknight
06.25.2019 , 12:49 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by DeannaVoyager View Post
Just because you are too lazy to join big guild for bigger conquest rewards, doesn't make it an exploit. Sounds to me some of you guys just want to whine.

I guess next you want force barrier, resilience and saber reflect for your non force user classes, because it's "unfair" that force users have those nice skills while vanguards, powertechs, mercs and so on don't. Obviously it must also be an exploit, that force users use those abilities.

And while we are at it, it's really unfair that F2P have limitation in game play. Why not give them all the same benefits that subscribers have, because at the moments subscribers are "exploiting" the game by playing ops and stuff.
Many of us have made our own guilds as well. Why should i quit my own guild to join other larger guilds for the sake of conquest? This game encourages making small and new guilds right? Current conquest reward system punishes people from creating new guilds and family size guilds from growing as people are leaving small and medium guilds just to join large guilds to farm conquest rewards which is not fair.

At a logic standpoint, being in a small guild you miss out on millions of credits worth of rewards weekly in opportunity cost. That is the price to pay for being in a small guild, which doesnt seems right.

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
06.25.2019 , 01:02 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Visorknight View Post
Many of us have made our own guilds as well. Why should i quit my own guild to join other larger guilds for the sake of conquest? This game encourages making small and new guilds right? Current conquest reward system punishes people from creating new guilds and family size guilds from growing as people are leaving small and medium guilds just to join large guilds to farm conquest rewards which is not fair.

At a logic standpoint, being in a small guild you miss out on millions of credits worth of rewards weekly in opportunity cost. That is the price to pay for being in a small guild, which doesnt seems right.
You don't have to quit your small guild, all you have to do is put an alt in a big guild, and rid the wave of victory with theem. I'm in big guilds, small guilds, and a few solo guilds, all do conquest, especially now, as everything you do gives CQ points. The game doesn't encourage small guilds, it encourages people to make guilds, and grow their guilds, but doesn't encourage you to limit it to a size, only think stopping you is the actual guild limit, which is 1000 (I think) now. If you choose to keep your guild small, that's fine by swtor, fine by us, fine by everyone. The guild rewards are what they are, the planet reward scales to the size of the planet (yield) not the size of the guild competing. Bigger planets should have bigger rewards. Exploiters are a completely different thing altogether. If you have a plan to stop them, without messing up guild rewards, I'm sure we'd all love it. But you can't mess up Guild rewards because you think some people are exploiting it. As I've said before, if you have a solution, that you believe in, please pm eric musco, i'm pretty sure if they idea is solid, and can be implimented they'd do their best. And the community as a whole would be greatful that CQ was sorted, and not touched, but exploiters were put in their place.
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
06.25.2019 , 01:04 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by DeannaVoyager View Post
I guess next you want force barrier, resilience and saber reflect for your non force user classes, because it's "unfair" that force users have those nice skills while vanguards, powertechs, mercs and so on don't. Obviously it must also be an exploit, that force users use those abilities.
I like this idea, when are you going to get it implemented
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
06.25.2019 , 01:06 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Visorknight View Post
At a logic standpoint, being in a small guild you miss out on millions of credits worth of rewards weekly in opportunity cost. That is the price to pay for being in a small guild, which doesnt seems right.
If you are that bothered by the rewards, put ten alts in to your small guild, get the others in the guild to do the same, and before you know it, you'll still have the same people, still have the same community, still have the same friendships, but now you'll have the toon power to reach the minimum to get the rewards, problem solved
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Visorknight's Avatar


Visorknight
06.25.2019 , 01:20 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
If you are that bothered by the rewards, put ten alts in to your small guild, get the others in the guild to do the same, and before you know it, you'll still have the same people, still have the same community, still have the same friendships, but now you'll have the toon power to reach the minimum to get the rewards, problem solved
That will not solve the problem of conquest exploiters. The purpose of this game is to encourage people to play small and medium guilds as well. By logic, why will anyone bother to put 10 alts in a small guild when they can just park the same 10 alts in a big guild and gain rewards so much easier as well. large guild complete their large invasion targets by day 1 right? Technically, there is no pressure to do anything in the large guilds.

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
06.25.2019 , 01:45 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Visorknight View Post
That will not solve the problem of conquest exploiters. The purpose of this game is to encourage people to play small and medium guilds as well. By logic, why will anyone bother to put 10 alts in a small guild when they can just park the same 10 alts in a big guild and gain rewards so much easier as well. large guild complete their large invasion targets by day 1 right? Technically, there is no pressure to do anything in the large guilds.
you are wrong on this part, 10 alts in a small guild, is the same as 10 alts in a big guild, it comes down to wether your small guild wants conquest enough to put in the work to get the minimum points, unless you are the only person in the guild that wants comquest, then it's down to choice, keep your main in the small guild, and put the alts in to bigger guilds and get the points, or keep all ten in the small guild, and take your chances that others may join you. Doesn't matter what day the guild gets conquest on. The only pressure for conquest is the pressure you put on yourself
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

DeannaVoyager's Avatar


DeannaVoyager
06.25.2019 , 06:49 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Visorknight View Post
Many of us have made our own guilds as well. Why should i quit my own guild to join other larger guilds for the sake of conquest? This game encourages making small and new guilds right? Current conquest reward system punishes people from creating new guilds and family size guilds from growing as people are leaving small and medium guilds just to join large guilds to farm conquest rewards which is not fair.

At a logic standpoint, being in a small guild you miss out on millions of credits worth of rewards weekly in opportunity cost. That is the price to pay for being in a small guild, which doesnt seems right.
If you want to play solo, you get solo rewards. It's YOUR PERSONAL CHOICE. When other people choose to play together with their friends and/or family to get group rewards, it is not an exploit, it is their personal choice to do so.

It has also been stated several times that it takes one person to cap medium yield, 2-3 to cap large yield. I repeat: One person to cap medium yield, 2-3 to cap large yield. How is that "unfair" to small guilds? Conquest has never been this easy for small and 1-man guilds. Never. I am starting to believe you are just a troll because nobody can seriously be that stupid.

DeannaVoyager's Avatar


DeannaVoyager
06.25.2019 , 07:53 AM | #60
Conquest for this week is going to end in a few hours, so I did some maths on my personal points this week.

My CQ points total this week so far 603215, spread on 22 alts in 3 guilds. I stopped farming CQ actively on Sunday like I always do, so I could have capped a few more if I had wanted to. Medium yield target is 550k.