Is There a Way to Mark Gear So You Can't Accidentally RE It?

Ahl-Vinn

Most-relevant forum I can find, for this.

Yours truly noticed today that not 1, but 2 of my legacy Tank gear pieces are sub-par - which is odd, since they were end-game and primo, to the last of my knowledge. The best I can figure is that while sorting loot over time, I've accidentally clicked to equip the subpar pieces, then flushed my end-game pieces down the toilet.

It may have been my imagination, but is there a way to mark gear as un-Reverse Engineer-able, without having to first un-mark it?

This other game I play has this feature that allows your to lock a piece of gear. If an item is locked you can not drag and drop to destroy it (that game also allows you to buy back something that you drag and drop destroyed), sell it, or put it into any crafting window. I would love it if this game had a similar feature. Same with the buy back feature.

This other game I play has this feature that allows your to lock a piece of gear. If an item is locked you can not drag and drop to destroy it (that game also allows you to buy back something that you drag and drop destroyed), sell it, or put it into any crafting window. I would love it if this game had a similar feature. Same with the buy back feature.

Agreed, it would be a useful feature to have.

• 1 month later...
R click a gear piece in inventory swaps it with equipped....EVEN IF THE CHARACTER PANNEL IS CLOSED!

This is so wrong and costs us gear, all so we can swap tacticals a little easier.

It's nothing to do with tacticals, in fact. It has done that as long as I've been playing, and I began in late March 2013, shortly before 2.0 was released, while tacticals were added last year with 6.0.

But the lesson, as usual, is that we should be careful with our gear, and *look* at what we're deconstructing rather than just clickclicklclick-deconstruct.

That said, as I said back there, it's probably worth suggesting a way to lock items.

It's nothing to do with tacticals, in fact. It has done that as long as I've been playing, and I began in late March 2013, shortly before 2.0 was released, while tacticals were added last year with 6.0.

Yes, it's all about tacticals. The devs could have changed it for 6.0 and made it drag&drop, like augment kits. They chose not to because: Sins looks super cool with 3 saps.

Yes, it's all about tacticals. The devs could have changed it for 6.0 and made it drag&drop, like augment kits. They chose not to because: Sins looks super cool with 3 saps.

You missed the point - the other post implied that the ability to switch gear with a right-click from inventory is somehow linked to tacticals. It's not.

There might be a *benefit* to having gear not *just* equip by right-clicking in inventory, but I think all the MMORPGs I've played(1) have some sort of click-in-inventory(2) mechanism for equipping gear, even if they also, as SWTOR does, allow drag and drop.

(1) At least:

* GW1

* Runes of Magic

* Dofus

* Wakfu

* The Secret World // Secret World Legends

* Allods Online

* Tower of Druaga(3)

* Rift

* Aion

* Devilian

* TERA

* SWTOR

* GW2

* FF14:ARR(4)

* Phantasy Star Online

(2) The exact mechanism varies, right-click, double-left-click, etc., but they all seem to have one. GW2 *also* has right-click-choose-equip-from-menu, which allows better control over which slot things go into, useful for dual-wield.

(3) Yes, there was a Tower of Druaga MMORPG. It wasn't very good, although it had better ... jiggle physics than a lot of MMORPGs. Overall, the universe doesn't seem well-suited to the MMORPG format.

(4) After they shuttered the original release and reworked it.